Photography Comeptition: Wild - WINNERS UP!

wibble

Corpse
Here are the RULES please read them very carefully before taking your photograph and submitting it for entry.

1. It’s entirely up to you how you interpret the theme, although I would advise you not to enter something too abstract that may be considered as having little or no relation to the theme.

2. You have until 4 p.m. GMT Sunday 10th June to submit your photograph. I am afraid that I will not accept late entries from anyone.

3. You are only allowed to submit ONE photograph[/b].

4. The photograph you submit must be your own work, i.e. it has to have been taken by you. Don’t submit something your friend or family took, or something you found on the internet. It is a very sad and unfair thing to do.

5. The photograph must NOT be manipulated in any way using Photoshop or any other such programme. This competition is about how good a photograph you can take, not about what you can do with an image using Photoshop, etc. That is what the Fan Art forum is for.

6. Entries must be no larger than 600x480 pixels. If they are, I will ask you to re-size it.

7. This competition (like the icon challenges in Fan Art) is an anonymous one – this means you MUST NOT POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPH HERE. If you do, it will be disqualified, otherwise your friends will see it and may vote for it even if there are better photographs submitted. In addition to this, don’t go around telling people which photograph is yours and getting them to vote for it – that is a very sad and lowly thing to do, and the voting for this competition should be unbiased.

Once you have taken your photograph, you should upload it to your own web space, such as a Photobucket account, and pm me the link.

If people consistently do not follow these rules, or I see signs of any unfairness, I will not hesitate to stop these competitions. The rules are to make things fair, so please do follow them so everyone can enjoy the competitions.

Winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) may each receive a banner, available from me upon request via PM. Any questions, please either post them here, or PM me.

Re: Photography Comeptition: Wild

Great new theme! This will be an interesting one...

Wild! What a great theme idea, although I can't for the life of me think what I would enter. :lol:

I'll have a think, and get my camera out! :D

It's a great theme, I'm in if I can find the time to make the photo I have in mind :p

Hnmm, interesting. Wild, I can go in so many different directions with that one. It boggles the mind.

oh boo! any pictures i could have used died when my hard drive decided to go bye-bye :( i could sit in the bushes waiting for a chipmunk to run by... ill do my best to catch a shot of something wild but its not looking good :(

allmaple said:
oh boo! any pictures i could have used died when my hard drive decided to go bye-bye :( i could sit in the bushes waiting for a chipmunk to run by... ill do my best to catch a shot of something wild but its not looking good :(
Sorry allmaple, if it help you know that you're not alone, that happened to me too. All the photos I made for the newspaper I worked for died the day the external hard-drive died. I had a lot of great photos there, only confort for me is that a great number of them got published and I've got the newspapers. But there were another that I really liked and died :(

Since then, I alwasy make a double copy, one in cd or dvd and other in the computer. Things like these are the ones that make you be more cautious. ;)

I have the best pic for this but I've posted it. Looks like I'll have to find something else.

allmaple said:

I make a back up of my photos regularly! this makes me make a new back up again! I had it once. I lost aout 8 weeks of school work and failed nearly all my classes for that periode. Ever since I am making back ups regularly!

I have a question. I do not have a program that can resize a picture (putting too much new on this computer may crash the computer), but I can crop the picture. Is cropping OK?

Susan

do you have paint? i open the picture in paint and then use the stretch/skew option to shrink it down. cant get the accurate size but its close enough. i used to have microsoft picture manager but when i reinstalled office after my computer crashed i used a version that didnt have the picture manager :lol: the joys of a computer crashing just keep on coming...

i think also when you upload something on photobucket you can choose to have it resized. but i think the option it gives you is 640x480 so it would be a little over the limit.

hope that helps!

Back