Photograph [Flaiden]

DoreenCSI

Captain
DISCLAIMER: I do not own anything related to CSI:NY.

A/N: Just a short drabble from me. Again, not my best but I don’t care. I felt like writing this and I did.

Flack opened his closet and searched for something. Underneath all his clothes, he finally found what he was looking for; a framed photograph of him with a woman. The name of that woman was Aiden. He fingered the photograph lovingly. In that picture, they both looked so happy. They were celebrating her birthday and she looked gorgeous; her dark brown eyes twinkling with excitement and her dark brown hair tied in a high ponytail.

He smiled at the memory of that photograph. He remembered that day well; after singing “Happy Birthday” and the cutting of the cake, she grabbed a handful of cake and stuffed it into his face. She giggled while he tried to wipe the cake off his face. The invited guests laughed at the couple’s antics.

Now, he can’t hear Aiden’s laughter anymore, nor can he see her or touch her or talk to her. Although it has been a year since Aiden’s death, he still felt as if she was there with him. He felt as if she’d never left him.

Flack has since then moved on. It was tough at first, but he managed. He’s been dating this girl he met at one of the pubs he always goes to. What was her name again? Ashley. Yeah, that was her name. Ashley. Blonde with big blue eyes. She was a nice girl, but she wasn’t Aiden.

Flack sighed and stared outside the window. Aiden was a very special woman. She wasn’t like other women. She wasn’t afraid to stand up for herself and she wasn’t afraid to play rough or get dirty. In fact, she was like one of the guys. Not only that, she was confident, smart and funny. When Flack made a remark, she’d fire back with an equally sarcastic remark.

A phone call interrupted Flack’s thoughts. He flipped open his cell phone and answered the call.

“Flack,” he said.

“Are we still on for the movie tonight?”

It was Ashley.

Flack looked at the photograph again. He sighed softly. Mac, Stella, Danny and Hawkes had all moved on with their lives. He had to do the same. After all, it’s useless to dwell on the past when you can’t even do anything about it. He took a deep breathe before answering her question.

“Yeah, we’re still on.”

FIN

Doreen, my respect ! ;)

The fanfic is simply great ! :)

I love the idea with Flack, as he found the photograph with Aiden and him together. Sad, but so nice....

Further so !!

Back