Photo Competition - 'Historic Architecture' - WINNERS UP!

wibble

Corpse
Well, I don't know where the past two weeks have gone, but the show must go on, as they say ;)

To get the photo competitions starting again, we're going to do historic architecture this week :)

Here are the RULES please read them very carefully before taking your photograph and submitting it for entry.

1. The photograph must show some sort of historic architecture in it somewhere, ideally at least 50 years old. Here is a good example:

St Paul's Cathedral

2. You have until 11 a.m. GMT Sunday 1st October to submit your photograph. I am afraid that I will not accept late entries from anyone.

3. You are only allowed to submit ONE photograph[/b].

4. The photograph you submit must be your own work, i.e. it has to have been taken by you. Don’t submit something your friend or family took, or something you found on the internet. It is a very sad and unfair thing to do.

5. The photograph must NOT be manipulated in any way using Photoshop or any other such programme. This competition is about how good a photograph you can take, not about what you can do with an image using Photoshop, etc. That is what the Fan Art forum is for.

6. Your photo must not be bigger than 600x400 pixels in size. This is to help those who have dial-up internet connections, which means loading pictures can take a while, especially if they are huge. I will ask you to re-size you entry if it is any bigger than this.

7. This competition is an anonymous one – this means you MUST NOT POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPH HERE. If you do, it will be disqualified, otherwise your friends will see it and may vote for it even if there are better photographs submitted. In addition to this, don’t go around telling people which photograph is yours and getting them to vote for it – that is a very sad and lowly thing to do, and the voting for this competition should be unbiased.

Once you have taken your photograph, you should upload it to your own web space, such as a Photobucket account, and pm me the link.

If people consistently do not follow these rules, or I see signs of any unfairness, I will not hesitate to stop these competitions. The rules are to make things fair, so please do follow them so everyone can enjoy the competitions.

Winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) may receive a banner, available upon request via PM.

Now that you have READ THE RULES, you can go find some old buildings to snap! :D

Re: Photography Competition - 'Historic Architecture'

2. You have until 11 a.m. GMT Sunday 28th September to submit your photograph. I am afraid that I will not accept late entries from anyone.

Sept 28th is not a Sunday... I'm confused :(

No, the 28. is my Mum´s birthday and that´s next Thursday ;)

theatresporter said:
2. You have until 11 a.m. GMT Sunday 28th September to submit your photograph. I am afraid that I will not accept late entries from anyone.

Sept 28th is not a Sunday... I'm confused :(

Sorry, I meant Sunday 1st October. Don't mind me, I'm going a little crazy lately ;)

wibble said:
Sorry, I meant Sunday 1st October. Don't mind me, I'm going a little crazy lately ;)

And we would know the difference because...

I'm in this competition if I can get my camera to work. Lucily I found a different software that I haven't tried that works with camera.

I got a question. Is it considered cheating if I send in a picture that was not taken specifically for this challenge but a while back? It's my own so technically it shouldn't be a problem or is it?

All the picture i send in for the photo competitions are months are even years old. I don´t think that this is a problem as long as the photo was taken by yourself.

MiaCharlize said:
I got a question. Is it considered cheating if I send in a picture that was not taken specifically for this challenge but a while back? It's my own so technically it shouldn't be a problem or is it?

That's absolutely fine :) Like Chez said, as long as it was taken by you (yes, I know I'm being very trusting on this issue), then it's ok and doesn't matter when you took it or whether it's specifically for this challenge :)

Oh yay! Architecture.. I'm in.. well I said that last time too and I forgot all about it. Problem is that all my pics are still at my parents' house, where I was.. uhm.. today :p And they're still there.

Question...do ancient theatres in Greece count or does have to be a building such as the Parthenon. I already submitted a picture of the Parthenon for the past competition so now I'm just wondering what is & isn't acceptable. Thanks!

Oh, yes...about past photo comps...I can't accept something you already submitted for a previous one, because people have already seen it and it may have been revealed who took it. Sorry :( *hides from jf* I hope you find another pic, and yes, ancient theatres should be fine ;)

Back