Photo Competition: 'Braving The Elements' - WINNERS UP!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by wibble, Oct 8, 2006.

1. wibble

wibble Corpse

This week, hazardous weather is our theme :) (apologies for the delay in getting this up - real life has been unexpectedly busy this weekend).

Here are the RULES please read them very carefully before taking your photograph and submitting it for entry.

1. The photograph must show some sort of severe/hazardous weather. Here are some good examples:

Pea Soup

Night Light

White Blanket

I'll also accept pictures of mist, heavy rain, strong winds/gales, hail, ice, and any other kind of severe/hazardous weather. Please, no pictures of nice sunny days with clear skies. Lovely as they are, this isn't what the theme is about ;)

2. You have until 11 a.m. GMT Sunday 15th October to submit thyour photograph. I am afraid that I will not accept late entries from anyone.

3. You are only allowed to submit ONE photograph[/b].

4. The photograph you submit must be your own work, i.e. it has to have been taken by you. Don’t submit something your friend or family took, or something you found on the internet. It is a very sad and unfair thing to do.

5. The photograph must NOT be manipulated in any way using Photoshop or any other such programme. This competition is about how good a photograph you can take, not about what you can do with an image using Photoshop, etc. That is what the Fan Art forum is for.

6. Photos must be no bigger than 600x400 pixels - if they are bigger, I'll send it back for you to re-size it.

7. This competition is an anonymous one – this means you MUST NOT POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPH HERE. If you do, it will be disqualified, otherwise your friends will see it and may vote for it even if there are better photographs submitted. In addition to this, don’t go around telling people which photograph is yours and getting them to vote for it – that is a very sad and lowly thing to do, and the voting for this competition should be unbiased.

Once you have taken your photograph, you should upload it to your own web space, such as a Photobucket account, and pm me the link.

If people consistently do not follow these rules, or I see signs of any unfairness, I will not hesitate to stop these competitions. The rules are to make things fair, so please do follow them so everyone can enjoy the competitions.

Winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) will each receive a banner. Any questions, please either post them here, pm or email me.

Now that you have READ THE RULES, you can go and brave the elements with your camera! :D

2. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Re: Photography Competition: 'Braving The Elements'

wibble?! Do you spend time at fok!forum.. that one of the thunder is there too!

someone wants me to go out and get wet I suppose :lol:

3. wibble

wibble Corpse

Erm, no - what's fok!forum? :lol:

4. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Ohw a Dutch forum where I saw a pic like that thunder one. It is the second biggest forum in the world and it has a photography section too...

5. saras_girlfriend

saras_girlfriend Coroner

Hmmm let's see if I've got something stashed away for this competition :p

6. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

hehe I want to go out and make a new one. I have got a nice idea. I don;t have fog scenes near wear I live though. But I want something different. So I'll try to get that moment on my film other wise I'll search for an old one though. And I want to make some pictures at school to maybe I'l do that tomowwor too!

And I bought a camera not to be in photos during events :lol: but someone else spotted me hihi

Click

7. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I doubt I'll be able to participate in this competition since all we've been having are sunny days filled with clear blue skies & hot temperatures :(. Oh, and this probably makes me sound stupid but when I saw "pea soup" up there I actually thought it was gonna be a photo of a bowl of pea soup. I mean, we need soup to survive right :lol:?

8. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Hehe I doubt too since the weather here is getting better and last week was the storms and rains and thunders and stuff. I do have some old ones but I have a nice idea so I am hoping for some more bad weather!

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Hmm... it seems pretty calm around here too. Are we aloud to use older photos? I may have to go digging...

10. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

yup, you can submit any photo if you have taken it. Weather will keep calm here so probably an old one here too...

11. wibble

wibble Corpse

^ Thanks for fielding that one BlueCurl :)

If anyone else ever has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask ;)

12. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

no prob. I want bad weather! really! I have such a great idea but the forecast is damn sunny

13. Astrid

Astrid Rookie

Weather's been fairly non interesting here too. Don't think I have many old images that would be suitable. lost lots of photos due to PC hick up...*tear*
    That teach me not to make prints!

14. zippy

zippy CSI Level Two

Oh no there's a terrible haze out there right now but I'm so busy with real life I can't go around hunting for a nice shot. Let's see if I get any chance to snap one before the 15th...

15. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

No size restriction? :confused:
    I was gonna submit a pic but I forgot which was the size restriction on the previous comp.