Petersen: You Become More Him Than You

Everybody eventually becomes bored & tired of their job. it happens but if you were a Doctor, & were burnt out would you tell your patient, "ya know im tired, i don't feel like saving you anymore" :rolleyes:
Ya may not see the same similartiy that I see in that, but basically Billy is who he is because of CSI & it's the fans & viewers who tune in every week that put that show in the #1 slot....bottom line, if you're tired..fine...go home take a hot bath, drink a beer & bitch to your wife about it, but think about what your saying before you open your mouth to what you know your fans are going to read!

i think that billy complains a thousand times less than a lot of people here :p

i totally agree with byline on everything, btw. and besides, he can say what he wants, we've got freedom of speech.

If Billy wants to leave than so be it, if he wants to stay then that's his prerogative.

But any job in any business has ups, downs, stresses, and gives headaches. It's all about how the person handles things and if they don't think they can handle it then it's best to get out. And if they can find ways to handle it then that's how things will go.

Adzix said:
i think that billy complains a thousand times less than a lot of people here :p

i totally agree with byline on everything, btw. and besides, he can say what he wants, we've got freedom of speech.

What I admire about him is he rarely gives interviews, and is a private person, and when he does share his thoughts, it's always down to earth and candid ;) he's an amazing man, & so not conceited like other celebrities, and whatever he decides it's OK with me, and what annoys me is people who constantly complain about GSR, "it's annoying" their a done deal, so live with it!

xfcanadian said:
well, duh. But he is still saying it. He complains every single interview. Just leave the show. When you are the highest paid actor in prime time, it looks pretty bad when you are complaining about it every interview. I am a fan of his, but i am not going to blindly worship someone if i disagree with stuff they are saying and doing.
I don't "blindly worship" him either. I just happen to see his point, and don't have a problem with him expressing that particular opinion . . . more than once, if the mood strikes him.

mjszud said:
Everybody eventually becomes bored & tired of their job. it happens but if you were a Doctor, & were burnt out would you tell your patient, "ya know im tired, i don't feel like saving you anymore" :rolleyes:
Ya may not see the same similartiy that I see in that, but basically Billy is who he is because of CSI & it's the fans & viewers who tune in every week that put that show in the #1 slot....bottom line, if you're tired..fine...go home take a hot bath, drink a beer & bitch to your wife about it, but think about what your saying before you open your mouth to what you know your fans are going to read!
The difference is that doctors generally aren't required to play the media game the way entertainers are. Petersen is giving the media what they want, and the media are giving CBS and/or the producers what they want. It's just that rather than sucking up, Petersen is generally being more honest than many who play that game. My feeling about that is more power to him.

Back