Petersen & Tarantino Added To List Of Emmy Presenters

CSI Files

Captain
Director <font color=yellow>Quentin Tarantino</font> will join <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font> (Gil Grissom) on stage as a presenter for this year's 57th annual Emmy Awards.

The two men were recently added to the list of presenters that will give the Emmy statuettes away on September 18th's ceremony. Tarantino will this year have a shot to win in the Best Director category for his work in the CSI finale "Grave Danger." Though the cast of CSI, specifically <font color=yellow>Marg Helgenberger</font> (Catherine Willows) and <font color=yellow>George Eads</font> (Nick Stokes), generated some serious Emmy buzz through the year, the show failed to get any acting nods. CSI only received 4 nominations in all, all technical awards (excluding Tarantino's nod).

The Emmy race kicked off this year with a very heavy campaign from all three CSI shows to try and catch the Emmy voters' attention. The advertising company Yesdesigngroup was in charge of creating the DVD packages that were mailed out to the voters this year. For CSI they chose a cube shaped DVD box with the stars of the show as its main image, Miami's package consisted of various white cards advertising the show's strengths, and New York's featured a vertical pull down cover with the city as its main focus.

The company tries to create unique and unforgettable packages in hopes that the television shows up for voting will receive a push. "We try to treat them equal, but not the same," said <font color=yellow>Lori Posner</font>, president of Yesdesigngroup. "[YDG] has a lot of fun, but the Emmy packaging is very serious business and we treat it that way,"

YDG worked on nine For Your Consideration campaigns this year and produced fifteen nominations for the television shows they worked for. Four of those nominations were granted to CSI and one to CSI: Miami. Posner agreed working for the franchise is challenging but rewarding. "It's interesting to work on a franchise that has to have brand consistency and yet really convey specific and different messages."

The Emmy Awards ceremony will air September 18th on CBS. To see a list of the presenters that were added recently, Zap2It.com. Thanks to Elyse for the YDG article.<center></center>

Wow, I really hope that Tarantino is gonne have an award for Grave Danger, I almost died watching this episode!!!
:eek:

A wonderful job, but a real disappointment that the actors are not in the nominees list... :( Dont understand!!!

I think where CBS/CSI and Co. went wrong this year, which is why they pretty much got overlooked for Emmys, is when they didn't promote Jorja Fox and her performances in Season 5.

It was the year of Sara, JF, the one with the fabulously emotional storylines, the one who had some real tough acting to do and did it so well, we cried along with her. But Jorja Fox tends to get overlooked all the time, by more than the media. And, it really ticks me off.

GE gets buried in a Tarantino episode and suddenly he's a media darling. Marg Helgenberger only has to get a lip injection and make out with real-life hubby on screen for her to get talked up ad nauseum.

But Jorja Fox's Sara engages the audience for five [insert really bad word here] years, and no one pays attention. That woman doesn't get half the attention she should--at least not in the US. Fortunately she's a media darling in the rest of the world where talent may be judged differently.

Not that it helps her at the Emmys.

Thank goodness no one else from CSI got nominated this season. It's enough that so many people are outraged that Marg didn't get the nod. PLEASE!

Guys, before this even starts, let's not start an argument. All of the actors on CSI are absolutely brilliant. They all create dynamic characters that make us love them, hate them, or everything in between. That is what makes the show so unique. So, please, voice who you believe should have gotten an emmy, but do not belittle the other actors in the process, okay?

Exactly, it's not a competition, and I'm sure the actors don't see it that way. Personally I think all of the actors have done great work over the years, and they've all had their moments to shine. The Emmy's aren't necessarily a very good judge of talent anyway, although it would be nice if CSI got a bit more recognition in general.

That's OK! Our CSI Gang don't need no stinkin' statues! They know they're the best!! That Emmy stuff is such a hyped-up, pre-planned, politically correct ceremony anyway... stopped watching it years ago..

as all the awards shows are actually LOL...

All the buzz for the AA or the SAG, or anything else, and it generally ends up in a very typical way, with exactly what was supposed to happen...

I think the CSI cast is one of the most outstanding ensemble Ive ever seen on TV, thats what keep me glued to the screen(well the comp screen because in France we are so late ;)), and whatever happens for one or all the actors, I wlll be happy :D

yeah exactly but i wouldnt mind seing marg host a awards show or something. not that i could watch it anyway. it sucks living down under *australia*

I'm glad WP and QT will present awards..but I will not be watching the Emmys out of the slights towards the show, the actors including Marg, Jorja and George who all deserved noms in my opinion and everything..Emmys can kiss my rear

it would be nice to see grave danger win something, anything. I was on the edge of my chair the whole time it was on.

Back