Peter Lenkov

Great interview, Kristine. And thanks, of course, to Peter Lenkov for giving up his time to be interviewed for CSI Files. It's very much appreciated. :)

The comments about the blue flu storyline were very interesting and made me think more about that episode. I've been on a union training course today, and there was lots of talk about striking, for and against, also people not really wanting to do it, but feeling that they should.

I've got to say, I've enjoyed much of this season and I'm looking forward to seeing the remaining episodes, particularly the finale! Also, roll on season 6. I'm still loving CSI: NY. :D Great storylines, some loving for Hawkes and the return of Samantha Flack (if possible) would make me very happy next season.

I hope for Season 6: Adam's background storyline, Sam and Reed back, Kara and More Hawkes' stories.
But also lots of Mac and Stella and Flack :)

Yes, I'd love to see Reed back as well - and definitely Sam. And Louie of course (but that always goes without saying :lol:). And maybe Gavin Moran since we're talking about continuity. And Sid's daughter since we're talking about family...

*cough* No, I don't want much. :p

Elsie said:

The comments about the blue flu storyline were very interesting and made me think more about that episode. I've been on a union training course today, and there was lots of talk about striking, for and against, also people not really wanting to do it, but feeling that they should.
Yeah - I didn't think about the parallel with the real-life WGA strike when the episode aired, but it does make me think now.

Thanks for the interview, Top:) And of course to Peter Lenkov.

I totally liked his answer about the blue flu storyline. I didn´t know that it was inspired by the writers strike. It´s great to get such background information. I love that.
CSI Files: At the beginning of the season we got a glimpse into Detective Flack's (Eddie Cahill) somewhat contentious relationship with his younger sister, Sam (Kathleen Munroe). Are there any plans for her to return?
Lenkov: We have talked about Sam recently, but we want to make sure if we bring her back, there's something new to mine. We truly enjoyed that storyline, but want to make sure we have something solid before we just commit to it.
Must be the same with Louie´s storyline:p Sorry, I couldn´t resist.
CSI Files: In "The Party's Over," Danny mentioned coming from a "family of cops," but in season two's "Run Silent, Run Deep" we found out his brother was a member of a gang that was multi-generational ( "Tanglewood"). What exactly is Danny's background?
Lenkov: "Family of cops" was meant as uncles, aunts, cousins, not just immediate family. And we like the idea of Danny coming from a complicated family... that's not just black and white. There's a lot of grey there.
I was really curious about the answer. With that information, it´s a bit more understandable. I first thought `family of cops´was meant as Danny´s very close friends. Knowing now that Danny is not the only cop in his family, it would be great watching an episode involving his whole complicated family.
But I still think that the storyline would have been such a great one for Flack. His inner struggles with his responsibility for the city on the one hand and his loyalty to his colleagues on the other hand . It would have been also a great opportunity to introduce Flack´s father in my opinion. I´m hoping that we´ll see him in season 6.

I hope the cliffhanger isn't something like, 'Now that we realize Dunbrook is a big bad baddie, we have to give back the monies he gave us - OH NO WILL THE LAB BE CLOSED? WILL THE TEAM LOSE THEIR JOBS?WILL WE FIND OUT ADAM IS LIVING IN SHELDON'S CLOSET AND WORKING FOR FREE BECAUSE THEY REALLY DID FIRE HIM ALL THOSE MONTHS AGO? HOW IS THE LAB GOING TO SURVIVE? HOW WILL DANNY AND LINDSAY FEED THEIR CHILLUNZ? IS MAC GONNA HAFTA CHOKE SOME BITCHES? FIND OUT NEXT SEASON ON CSI:NY - DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!'

*resists urge to make immature joke about Adam coming out of the closet - fails to resist urge because she just said she was resisting the urge, thus acknowledging said urge - laughs immaturely* :p
:guffaw:I must confess that I really would like to see Adam´s part of the cliffhanger.

Heh - that's part of my original post that I edited out because I wasn't sure if the humor came across. I'm glad to see you were amused. :p I was going for the whole 'Will Timmy survive his fall off the cliff and onto a pile of mattresses? Will Sally find out that her husband is really her uncle is really her son by a time-traveling experiment gone wrong? Fine out next season!' kind of deal. :p

Knowing now that Danny is not the only cop in his family, it would be great watching an episode involving his whole complicated family.
That could be a whole arc in itself, Danny dealing with various parts of his family and whatnot.

Thanks Kristine. Interesting interview, even though he was obviously keeping his cards close to his chest about some things.

I like that there's a possibility of Sam Flack returning. I really liked her character and she added an interesting new dimension to Don, which I appreciated.

It is frustrating that he has to clear up the whole 'Danny background' in an interview. I guess I assumed Danny's comments about the family of cops related to his extended family. But, that's no excuse for their laziness in delivering the information. If they really want to show Danny as coming from a complex family then show it, don't just deliver a confusing throw away comment. It didn't add complexity, it just gave everyone a wtf moment. Not good.

Like others I'm also happy that they've got storylines up their sleaves for Stella that aren't just about romance. I'd be happy to know that she was having some 'fun' without seeing it play out on screen. Hawkes is a slightly different matter because in five seasons he's barely had a sniff. They really need to sort that out.

The response about the Rikki comeback was what I expected it to be (as I'm sure you did when you asked the question!). He's not going to reveal the original storyline and put it out there for comparison at this stage. I guess they'll see how it goes. I'm interested to see what the 'cool' storyline was but I'm not convinced that my idea of cool and PL's necessarily gel.

Heh - that's part of my original post that I edited out because I wasn't sure if the humor came across. I'm glad to see you were amused. :p I was going for the whole 'Will Timmy survive his fall off the cliff and onto a pile of mattresses? Will Sally find out that her husband is really her uncle is really her son by a time-traveling experiment gone wrong? Fine out next season!' kind of deal. :p

Ops, sorry. I tried to cook and what can I say it totally smells of burning in here:scream: (I really should give it up). So I totally forgot to submit my reply and I didn´t realize that you edited some things.
Shall I edit it?

Last edited:
Thanks Kristine for the interview. I am always interested in any insights I get into the writers' thought processes.

I liked his answers for the most part. The ideas for Stella sound wonderful and it would be nice for Hawkes to have someone to cuddle up with. There is a warmth to his character that I like.

They just can't seem to win with D/L, can they? Either they show the process of their relationship and it's too much or they assume that we figure it out and it's not clear. It is hard to have to find out things through interviews rather than from the show itself. I wonder if they ever dreamed that there would be this much attention given to what they decided to do.

Again, thanks for taking the time to ask the questions. Thanks also to Peter Lenkov for his willingness to share.

Last edited:
OOOHHH! YAY! This interview is wonderful for my daily dose of CSI:New York. I'm a very happy camper right now. Thanks to Peter for taking the time:thumbsup:

Oh, and thanks for the flack and angell question! Chemistry is defintely what they have! I did wish he had given more, especially because i really want to know about the finale (i still don't want it to be Angell). I am a spoiler whore myself. I will do anything for spoilers. Okay, not anything but, well...moving on, i'm still glad we got something. So I can't thank you enough, i hope to God that they do bring in a Sam storyline, i really enjoy her and would love to see her again.

Not too pumped about D/L stuff except for the baby name, it just makes me really curious. Also, about the Rikki question he didn't answer. I love mysteries now i really want to know. I was also glad to hear that they will be remembering their fallen friend (gosh, i hate deaths). And that they are working on continuity.

Once again, GRACIAS!!!

Heh - that's part of my original post that I edited out because I wasn't sure if the humor came across.

Ops, sorry. I tried to cook and what can I say it totally smells of burning in here:scream: (I really should give it up). So I totally forgot to submit my reply and I didn´t realize that you edited some things.
Shall I edit it?
Nah - I was just worried that the humor might come across as sarcasm (which is why I deleted it), so I wanted to point out that it wasn't in the post anymore (in case people wondered when in the heck I said that :p). It's no biggie. :thumbsup:

Back