Pan Am

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by calleighspeedle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Love this show. Anyone else watching it?

2. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I am and I love it also!

I need to catch up with Episode 13 tonight but I'm so sad there are only 14 episodes :( I really hope they don't cancel it because I'm really enjoying it.

3. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Me too. It's addictive.:)

4. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I love it too. I love the whole 60's vibe. The cast is fantastic. I think the writing is spot on. Being someone born in 1982 it is fun for me to see a time I never knew. I love talking to my grandmother after watching the episodes to hear if they have gotten anything wrong, but she says they are spot on. We also had a family friend who worked for Pam Am so that has been fun to talk about. I am bummed that it is probably over for good. I really don't expect it to return. The rating seem to be falling fast.

5. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I love the whole 60s vibe too and I love the makeup and styling.

I think the show has been very well cast, I actually like all of the characters which is rare.

It'll be a massive shame if it doesn't come back :(

6. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I love this show, too! Not as much as Revenge, but I do watch every week. Made it up to the pickpocket/nude photos episode, so I think I'm at least 2 episodes behind.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I love this series too. Its fun and I love the 1960s look. The whole spying plot is rather silly, but I like the characters. Laura and Ted should definitely get together.
    I hope that there is another season.
    Is there only 14 episodes done, or are they making more and we are just not going to see them in the UK for a while? I hate the way the bbc has been messing around with this programme, and putting it on at silly times. Never a good sign.

8. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

^ There are only 14 episodes :( There had been talk of there being 22 but the press release for #14 stated it was the season finale. I believe it aired a few days ago in the US.

I've just watched #13 and it jumped back quite a few episodes, not sure why it was scheduled to air like that, especially with #12 ending with the death of President Kennedy, it seemed to take some momentum out of that story. That being said, it meant we got to see Nico again - please tell me I wasn't the only person who cried when he left at the airport? So sad!

Laura and Ted would be a great couple. I also really like Dean and Colette so I'm sad they're no longer together.

Christina Ricci has been a really nice surprise for me in this, I've never been much of a fan of hers but I've really liked her as Maggie.

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

That is a shame. I looked it all up after I had written on here, and although Pan Am hasnt been officially cancelled it looks like it will be.
    I was really confused with the last epi. I wondered why Nico was back, and why Laura was so just getting the pics done. Then I read that that was actually supposed to air as epi 7, not 13. So now it makes sense! Wonder why they put it so out of order?
    Yeah, Dean and Colette are cute together too. I do find Maggie slightly annoying, but only slightly. I hope epi 14 is a good ending to the show.

10. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I read an interview somewhere a few days ago (sorry I can't remember where) with the writer who was brought in to 'save' Pan Am. He said if it's dropped by ABC there is a chance it could be picked up by another network which would be awesome!

11. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

That was a great ending, but man I want to see more of these characters. I love these story lines. It is the only show I watched on ABC so I just won't be watching that channel at all. This also means that they will not get me to watch other shows of these because I will not be seeing previews. There loss. Anyway, maybe it will get picked up by another network. It might make a good one for TNT. They did save Southland.

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Hopefully that will be the case, and it will be picked up. Maybe if ABC had put it on at a better time the ratings would have been fine.

13. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

What timeslot did they give it? BBC2 have had it on at some obscure times here, I've seen it at every time from 10:10PM to 11:35, 11:50? Pointless.

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I am sure I read that in the US it was on a sunday at 10pm. Up against CSI Miami. Stupid slot.
    Yes, the BBC have been messing it around. Thankfully I have set it on series link, so it just tapes and I dont have to worry about the timing.

15. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

The time slot here in America wasn't great, but it could have been worse. I think one of the problems has been that it connected to a smaller group of people. I could be wrong, but I know people like my father, my husband and my younger cousins (both female) did not get into it. It seems the CSI's have a wider range of fans.