News Bullets

CSI Files

Captain
<ul>[*] With the popularity of the first season of Star Trek in high-definition, Video Business reports that CBS DVD is considering CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as a good candidate for an HD DVD release. <font color=yellow>Ken Ross</font>, executive VP and general manager at CBS DVD, said that the show "lends itself to high-def with its magnificent effects."

[*] An upcoming episode of CSI: New York will feature the services of Dealer Dolls, a company in Los Angeles that specializes in providing attractive, trained poker dealers, as well as cocktail waitresses, bartenders, tables, supplies and equipment. See Reuters for more information about the company.

[*] With the CSI franchise entering repeat territory, The New York Post announced that CBS would begin airing Dexter, a program from its sister network Showtime, starting February 17. The show will be edited for language and time.

[*] Fans may recognize <font color=yellow>Sofia Milos</font> from her portrayal of Yelina Salas on CSI: Miami, but the actress spoke to AOL Entertainment about a different role: Bianca LaGarda, her character from the new CBC programme The Border:

<dl><dt><dd><font color=yellow>Having come to the States [LaGarda has] an incredible appreciation for the opportunities the U.S. gave her. Bianca is a self-made woman. She doesn’t need to play her sexuality. I admire the fact that she’s a strong, intelligent woman.</font>

</dt></dl>

[*] After the extensive list of toy recalls in 2007, including the CSI Fingerprint Analysis Kit, News Inferno reported that companies expect that new safety precautions could cause prices to go up by ten percent this year.

[*] Former-Veronica Mars actor <font color=yellow>Michael Muhney</font> will guest-star in "Raising Caine", the episode of CSI: Miami that airs on January 14. (Source: E Online)

[*] "CSI: Miami: The Mobile Game" won for "Favorite Mobile Strategy Game" in the 1st Annual Wave Awards.[/list]<center></center>

It wouldn't be the same Dexter, after going through all the editing to bleep out the cursing and cutting out the graphic scenes. Sheesh. But I can understand why CBS is doing this. All the more reason for the strike to end soon!!!

The Border seems like a pretty interesting show. I visited the official CBC website for the show, and they have a interactive game up there that's pretty cool. ;) The Border - Official CBC Website

:lol: I watched the first episode of The Border, just because Sofia was going to be in it... only to discover that she's not in the first episode.

She's in the next one ^^ :) I did the same thing.

It acutally seems pretty good, I wasn't sure at frst.

Cutting scenes? Oh, like we arn't already exposed to violence? It wont make any difference, though I can see why... in a way.

Adn the CSI Mobile Game? I didn't like it. It was so easy, and was basically followig instructions rather then thinking about anything. And there is only one case.

adorelo said
Cutting scenes? Oh, like we arn't already exposed to violence? It wont make any difference, though I can see why... in a way.

Yeah you won't have a bunch of anal mothers calling CBS and complaining about how they had to see someone swear and get their arm ripped off or something. Really dumb. It kind of reminds me of Ned Flanders taping all the shows on television and then placing the dirty ones in the naughty pile. :lol:

About 'The Border', I watched it on Monday. My parents hated it and I spent the first half hour to get them to shut up. :lol: Honestly, if the camera stayed a little more steady, I could watch without throwing up.

However next week's episode looks good. I suspect Sofia will add an extra boost to the show. (Because honestly, it seems like one of those clichéd Canadian shows at the moment)

^^^ I didn't get to play the Miami Mobile Game. :( I don't have the right cellphone company. *sigh* Oh well.

Honestly, if the camera stayed a little more steady, I could watch without throwing up.

True, that bugged me. I'm used to having to sit through hours of different camera techniques for the course I'm on, but I think they over did it here a little. My head kept moving trying to find the focus point.

I suppose it's to represent there is not focus point when dealing with things like that, it's all a jumble until they make sense of it at the end.

I'll be looking forward to Sofia. She will, like you said, give an edge to the show.

Do we have a thread for this show yet? I know it's only just started, but it's nice to support Sofia :lol:

I watched the border :lol: My parents asked me if i had heard of it, and i said of course, someone from csi miami is in it! I can't believe she wasn't in the first eppy, that sucked. I saw the preview for next week, and it sounds like she is trying very hard to put on an american accent. Yikes...

Ok, why, why, WHY must CBS ruin dexter. If people want to watch that show, they should accept the fact that it has dirty language, nudity and violence, and if they can't accept the fact that its part of the show, then tough! I swear people only watch stuff just to complain how offensive it is...

too bad a canadian station cant pick up dexter, they dont edit anything after 9pm! :lol: i was so surprised watching the tudors, on cbc of all places, and they left in all the nudity, swearing and sex. thats why people watch the tudors isnt it? :p

a friend of mine showed me a few episodes of dexter. it was certainly weird but i wouldnt mind seeing more. having it edited will probaby ruin it though.

This strike is ruining T.V. They should just give the writers whatever they want so that I (we) can get my (our) CSI new episode fix(es).

Back