News Bullets

CSI Files

Captain
<ul>[*]<font color=yellow>Melina Kanakaredes</font> (Stella Bonasera) appeared on CBS's Early Show last week to promote the crossover with CSI: Miami. "Every episode there's something obviously going on this way, but this one's really tough because there's young people involved and he's just brutally killing people," she said. "It's really ugly. But I think you need something that's intense that way to put two teams together."

[*]<font color=yellow>Gary Sinise</font> (Mac Taylor) has been named as the national spokesman for the Disabled Veterans for Life Memorial Foundation. "I am deeply moved to have been asked to participate in this absolutely necessary memorial," Sinise was quoted in an AP article. "I can only hope that my participation will help draw attention to the cause and ensure its successful fruition as the nation's first and only such tribute built specifically to these courageous men and women."

[*]The Arizona Daily Star recently spoke with <font color=yellow>George Eads</font> (Nick Stokes) about his much-publicised firing and rehiring last year. "It humbled me, man," the actor said. "The best thing in the world for a grown man to get is a (expletive) whuppin'. I got stripped away from any ego."

[*]After winning the award for the past three years in a row, the original CSI: Crime Scene Investigation has once again been nominated for a People's Choice Award in the Best TV Drama category. This year, the show's competition consists of Desperate Housewives and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and not, surprisingly, Lost.[*]The official web site of <font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown) notes that the original CSI actor's music is now available from iTunes.

[*]And on the 2nd of December, Dourdan will be attending the Red Party of the Life Through Art Foundation, along with <font color=yellow>Wallace Langham</font> (Hodges). More information on this can be found here; thanks for both Dourdan news items go out to the Gary Dourdan Experience.

[*]From this Tuesday on, you will be able to buy "Hard Promises," a 1992 film starring <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font> (Gil Grissom) that's now being released on DVD.

[*]According to a story in the Globe and Mail, CSI co-producing company Alliance Atlantis is so flush with cash from the success of the CSI franchise it will be using some of the money to buy back shares.

[*]This Monday, <font color=yellow>Gary Sinise</font> (Mac Taylor) will be one of the guests in a live edition of the Tony Danza show, taped in Sinise's native Chicago.

[*]Here's an antidote to the usual stories about CSI inspiring millions of kids to embark on a career in forensics: Lane County, Oregon, has been unable to find a fulltime medical examiner, despite already searching for two years and oferring a $150,000-a-year contract. More on this can be read in the Register-Guard.

[*]David Caruso Online has new screencaps of Miami's "Felony Flight" and New York's "Manhattan Manhunt."

[*]And finally, Erica's Screencaps Page has been updated with new shots from "A Bullet Runs Through It, Part One."[/list]<center></center>

[*]Here's an antidote to the usual stories about CSI inspiring millions of kids to embark on a career in forensics: Lane County, Oregon, has been unable to find a fulltime medical examiner, despite already searching for two years and oferring a $150,000-a-year contract. More on this can be read in the Register-Guard .

*sigh* Man, I love my state. :rolleyes: Heh, maybe the position will still be open in 5-6 years when I'm finally done with school and have my MD? :p

Man, who wouldn't want to work in Oregon? It's GORGEOUS! And better still, they have no taxes on anything you buy! Nice. :)

Back