'New York' Gets Personal

CSI Files

Captain
The scientists take center stage.<p>The third member of a successful franchise, <I>CSI: New York</I> is well into its fifth season. Starting last year, the writing team decided to add more personal storylines and freshen things up. As revealed in <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/newyork/season5/the_box.shtml">"The Box"</a>, one such storyline involves Lindsay Monroe (<font color=yellow>Anna Belknap</font>) and Danny Messer (<font color=yellow>Carmine Giovinazzo</font>) discovering that they're going to be parents. (Belknap is pregnant in real life with her second child.) The storyline "gives Danny a good reason to become a little bit less erratic and more mature and more focused," Giovinazzo shared with <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvguide.com/">TV Guide</a>. For Lindsay, executive producer <font color=yellow>Pam Veasey</font> said the pregnancy "will bring new depths to her character. She's always been the Montana girl in New York, but this gives her a new sense of family. We'll see her relatives, and we'll see a beautiful new connection to Danny."<p>In the next episode, Danny will propose to Lindsay. Belknap didn't reveal what Lindsay's answer will be, but she said, "I know Lindsay is being sensible since the pregnancy came on so fast, but when we did the scene I kept thinking, 'Oh Lindsay, he's being so adorable. Just go for it.'" Whether or not Lindsay says "yes" right away, Veasey said marriage is definitely in the future for the pair. "Just don't expect a big wedding with bridesmaids and groomsmen," she added. "That's so not Danny and Lindsay."<p>The soon-to-be parents aren't the only team members with personal storylines coming up during season five. Another character-driven arc involves Stella Bonasera (<font color=yellow>Melina Kanakaredes</font>) and was introduced in <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/newyork/season5/the_cost_of_living.shtml">"The Cost of Living"</a>. In the episode, a man who works for the Greek embassy attacked Stella. "It's always been my hope that we'd be able to reveal more about Stella's life outside work," Kanakaredes explained, "and since I'm so proud of my Greek heritage, I thought, 'Hey, let's go there.'" The storyline will continue, and Kanakaredes is also penning an episode about stolen Greek artifacts that may become the season's finale.<p>Other characters have personal situations coming up as well. A big episode for Mac Taylor (<font color=yellow>Gary Sinise</font>) is on the way, as is a story that brings back a woman from Dr Sheldon Hawkes' (<font color=yellow>Hill Harper</font>) past. Don Flack's (<font color=yellow>Eddie Cahill</font>) sister Samantha (<font color=yellow>Kathleen Munroe</font>) will also be returning, and her alcoholism will continue to be an issue for the siblings. <font color=yellow>Craig T Nelson</font> has signed on to play Robert Parker, a publishing magnate and nemesis for Mac in three episodes.<p>At its heart, though, <I>New York</I> will remain a forensic procedural. "We'll always be a whodunit and how-did-they-do-it show," Veasey explained. "But if we can open up windows on the human side of these characters, it makes it more sexy and adventurous for everyone. Plus, we'll always have Mac standing tough behind these cases." Kanakaredes said that the viewers deserve to know more about the characters. "What's amazing is that after a hundred episodes, it feels like we're just starting to get to know them," she said. "In many ways, these characters have never been more alive."<p>The original article is from the December 8 issue of <A class="link" HREF="http://www.tvguide.com/">TV Guide</a>, which has Kanakaredes, Belknap and Giovinazzo on the cover. (Thanks to <font color=yellow>1CSIMfan</font> from TalkCSI for the heads up.) The information about Nelson's guest appearance is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.reuters.com/article/peopleNews/idUSTRE4B215620081203">Reuters</a>.<center></center>

For Lindsay, executive producer Pam Veasey said the pregnancy "will bring new depths to her character.
Any depth at all would probably be a good idea.

and we'll see a beautiful new connection to Danny."
Yes, she needs another one of those. Make sure the hooks are in nice and deep so there's no escape.

Belknap didn't reveal what Lindsay's answer will be, but she said, "I know Lindsay is being sensible since the pregnancy came on so fast, but when we did the scene I kept thinking, 'Oh Lindsay, he's being so adorable. Just go for it.'"
I suspect that's kind of how Lindsay's thought process went back when the baby was conceived. 'I know I'm supposed to be sensible right now since I think he's been acting like a total douchebag, but--oh screw it! *glomp*'

"Just don't expect a big wedding with bridesmaids and groomsmen," she added. "That's so not Danny and Lindsay."
Funny how Veasey originally said that about just Danny and now it suddenly applies to both of them. Personally, I could see Lindsay wanting some type of traditional wedding (although not necessarily overly-complicated).

But nothing says 'romantic' like an unplanned pregnancy followed by a rushed marriage at the courthouse. Be still my heart!

Plus, we'll always have Mac standing tough behind these cases.
Yay, I'm glad we'll still be getting some crime scene investigating on this here show.

I suspect that's kind of how Lindsay's thought process went back when the baby was conceived. 'I know I'm supposed to be sensible right now since I think he's been acting like a total douchebag, but--oh screw it! *glomp*'

:lol: :lol:

"Just don't expect a big wedding with bridesmaids and groomsmen," she added. "That's so not Danny and Lindsay."
Funny how Veasey originally said that about just Danny and now it suddenly applies to both of them. Personally, I could see Lindsay wanting some type of traditional wedding (although not necessarily overly-complicated).

Yeah, I'm sure Veasey mentioned them getting married in an earlier interview/article and said the same thing about them not wanting a traditional wedding. I remember thinking then, and still thinking now, that I really wouldn't know what Danny and Lindsay would want. I might have an idea of what Danny might want, and what Lindsay might want, but not a joint opinion. I'm with you, I could totally see Lindsay wanting a more traditional wedding. I don't remember seeing anything that would make me think otherwise.

what about adam and him getting fired or not let see more from adam

i am with you to on the lindsay want a more traditonal wedding

Yeah, I definitely think Lindsay would want the whole big fancy traditional wedding thing. Danny, not so much.

:lol:

what about adam and him getting fired or not let see more from adam
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't mention Adam's storyline in there, but maybe they figured that was professional rather than personal (even though it's kind of both) - or they just neglected him because they're all buttheads, but I prefer to think everybody loves Adam and would never neglect him like that. :p

Epic fail on the marriage. They've successfully written both characters into a corner now. Lindsay is totally not going to talk to him at work because he didn't "hear" the baby in the middle of the night/didn't load the dishwasher before work/she told him to pick up his underwear and he did it with his toes right in front of her. The possiblities of the 'married and working in the same place' arguments are endless now! Hot dog.

At least there's still other characters who are going to have a pulse though. I love how Adam is finally starting to come around now. I find myself giggling at him all the time these days. :)

Last edited:
how it is goning go lets see and hope for the best

and lookaboomerang i love adam to his is one of the best on the show ;)

Back