New Melina Kanakaredes Fan Project

Lol, I believe I am the only one here who has not based 'their' submission on an episode.....

I am such a 'black sheep'. :D

I'm gonna have to make sure I get involved in this one. But this one is somewhat more specific than the last one. I definately will do something for this one. We have most of the month, so theres no excuse.

Good evening all,

I was thinking. As we 'bind' our fandom together as we create this gift, we really do not know which each of us did. So, I came to the decision that I will post here my 'submission'. Jorja liked it, and hopefully you all will feel the same.

I guess you can call it a poem of sorts. It is not based on any episode, but merely the relationship between fan and the character.

Garden Of The Greek Goddess

I wondered through Her garden,
beneath the clear blue sky.
All around grew blood-red roses,
manicured hedges kissed with dew.
Proud peacocks nod their heads,
due respect as I passed by.
Their coos whispered my name,
carried upon the summer breeze.

Now I find myself before the Greek Goddess,
us alone in Her garden.

Truth hung from Her left,
blood stained scales of rust.
Justice held in Her right,
white marble sword with dew.
Virtue was upon Her shoulders,
a mantle of sweat and tears.
Courage sat upon Her head,
a laurel crown with thorns.
At predator's eyes,
my gaze did meet.
The power of green orbs,
felt my soul warm within.
Delicate words filled my mind,
pleased by what She saw.

"By loyality and admiration,
another finds their way here.
Once I touched your mind and soul,
I was you and you were I.
Come and sit with me,
share the clear blue sky.
Climb up thy mantle,
but beware my thorns.
You will know my secrets,
and I will heal yours.
You know of my reality,
and I know of yours.

So will you sit with me?"

Succumbing to Her words,
I retreated within Her shadow.
I laid my head upon the statue,
it was warm against my crawling flesh.
I climbed Her mantle,
each frill helped me along.
Upon reaching Her head,
I nestled within Her crown.

I could see eternity,
the reward for a true fan.
The air was cold here,
it stung as I breathed.
I let out a heart-felt cheer,
given birth from my gut below.
I was living the moment,
though it would never end.
I cannot wait for the future,
the path that lies ahead.
Though one day it will end,
that day I will not dread.

I have a question about the layout. Should we just write our poem or should we make some drawings with a computer-program?

Hey guys,

I should tell you that even though I'm stepping down as a mod & leaving the forums I'm still accepting submissions. Make sure to request a read reciept so you now I received what you gave me. Remember, there are only 6 days left...

Here is a Melina tribute with an unfinished road map of a fictional city called Kanakaredes. The population of the city itself (As of 2007) is 1,612,989 and a metropolitan area population of 4,283,990. The city has exploded in size in recent years.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1488/kanakaredesmapworkinproii0.jpg

I've also included Providence Int'l Airport and it is one of the busiest airports in my fantasy world. I will keep on drawing more of the cityscape as time goes on.

I have already sent jorja my contribution to the project.I just hope it is OK...Though it's not anything special, in fact...Just some appreciation words. My english does not allow a lot more, but anyway, I am still happy for having done it!

Just popping by to say that the deadline is past. Thanks to everyone who submitted. If anything significant happens I'll pop by again.

jorja_fan86 said:
Just popping by to say that the deadline is past. Thanks to everyone who submitted. If anything significant happens I'll pop by again.

Yes, yes! I cannot wait to see what response you will recieve from this. :D

Back