Never gonna let you go (smack again)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by shell_kikii, Oct 14, 2008.

1. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

Hi everyone! A new smack story again. I can't help it. Hope I wouldn't bore anyone. :p
    I don't own any character or storyline of CSINY.
    Never gonna let you go

Part 1

It was midnight, Darcy Wyne was still working and she heard some odd noises. She went to the window and looked outside. There was a person dumping something into her dumpster. Alerted, Darcy woke her husband and went outside together. They found a black plastic bag in the dumpster. Darcy’s scream woke all her neighbors when her husband opened the bag, there was a human leg in two pieces.
    The NYPD and Forensic Team had searched the nearby alleys and other dumpsters and expanded the search to the next block. They recovered body parts, including the girl victim’s head, and some bloody clothes at different spots. Unfortunately, they didn’t find anything that could ID the vic. They recovered the last part of the victim’s dismembered body, her torso, in a construction site.
    It had been raining in the last two days. Finally the rain stopped but the temperature dropped a few degrees. It was six in the next morning. Flack was shivering in the wind while waiting for Mac and Stella.
    “Where is it, Flack?” Mac asked once he and Stella got out of the car.
    “It’s in a black plastic bag amongst some other garbage. The security guard let us have a peek at the garbage and we hit the jackpot.” Flack led them into the site. “Be careful, it’s slippery here.”
    The site was packed with building materials. Small pools of rain water on the uneven muddy ground. A mount of garbage was waiting to be transport.
    “Ideal place to conceal a body.” Stella said.
    Mac and Stella put on the gloves and examined the body under flash light. Then the ME helpers bagged it and took it to Autopsy. Mac found some vomit on the outside of the plastic bag. He put it in an evidence bag. Stella looked around and found a blood tainted pipe hidden amongst other pipes. It might be the murder weapon if they were lucky.
    “You start canvassing yet?” Mac asked Flack.
    “Yeah, we want to collect information before people go to work. But as you know, people know nothing about anything when something like this happened. I’ll keep you posted.”
    When they turned to leave, a cat jumped out of no where onto Stella’s feet. Stella stumbled. Mac tried to grab her but failed. Stella fell on the ground. Dirty water wet her clothes and Mac’s trousers. Mac and Flack helped her up.
    “You alright?” Mac asked.
    “Yeah.” Stella flapped the hem of her coat and patted her trousers. “Oh, there’s mud everywhere.”
    “Your coat’s wet. Here, put this on.” Mac took off his own coat and gave it to Stella.
    “No, thanks Mac. I’ll be fine.” Stella shook her head.
    “My place’s two blocks away. Let’s go clean up and change before go to the lab. Put on the coat before you get cold.”
    “Alright.” Stella sighed.
    Mac told one of the lab techs to take the evidence back to the lab.
    ----------------------------------------
    This was not the first time Stella came here but never in a situation like this. Stella felt a bit awkward while waiting in the sitting room. Mac came out of his bedroom with a bag. He took out a sweater and a pair of slacks.
    “I found this in my closet when I thought I had disposed all Claire’s stuff. I think she had misplaced them.” He stroked the clothes affectionately. “You can change in the bathroom.” He handed the clothes to Stella.
    “Mac…”
    “It’s alright. They are useless to me. Like you told me before, Claire lives in my heart. Go ahead. We have works to do.” Mac turned to his bedroom and closed the door.
    Stella went to the bathroom. The clothes were fit just like hers. Stella looked into the mirror, imagined what Claire looked like in these clothes. She blushed and felt…jealous? She was startled by the knock on the door.
    “Stella, you OK?”
    “Yeah, yeah.” Stella answered and washed her face before went out.
    When Stella stepped out of the bathroom, Mac felt a bang to his heart. Stella and Claire were different kind of woman. It was unfair to compare them to each other. But Stella in Claire’s clothes gave him a strange feeling. She looked so familiar but so different. He just couldn’t take his eyes off her.
    “Mac?”
    “Yeah.” Mac cleared his throat. “You can wear this jacket.” He handed Stella his leather jacket.
    “Thank you.” Stella smiled. Mac helped her to put the jacket on. And they left for work.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  2. lilou

lilou Rookie

I LOVE !!!!!

It's so great. I don't want to wait to long...

3. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Aw~!!!! It was lovely~!!!! :drool::drool::drool: I love the case. Too horrible. I mean the girl was torn/cut/saw apart horriblely. Poor girl.. Whoever it is.. I know Mac and the team will catch him. :lol:

Kikii, :adore::adore: I love the "Mac's apartment part". *Can't take his eyes off her*. I'm sure Stella does notice that. :lol: It looks like Mac wants to eat her. :eek: :eek:

Kikii, I can't wait for your next chapter. I'm already falling in love with this first chapter. :) Thank you for this lovely new SMack Story. I love love love it!!!! :D Looking forward to next chapter..

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

aww more more make out already *rotfl*

5. shell_kikii

Lilou, PumkyAsp and VampireMacsNiblet, thank you for the nice comments! :)

Part 2 (Disclaim : I don't own the characters or storyline of CSINY)

Mac and Stella’s first stop was the Autopsy Room. They found Sid examining the poor Jane Doe with a magnifying glass. He put down the glass when he saw them.
    “Stella! What a lovely sweater you are wearing, that green matches your eyes. You’re so beautiful!” Sid made a gesture to her.
    Stella blushed. “Thank you, Sid. You looked good in a ME outfit.”
    “What do we get, Sid?” Mac smiled.
    “Well, your Jane Doe was about mid-twenty. TOD is about 24 to 48 hours ago. COD is blunt force trauma to the head. There is no defensive wound. She might be unconscious or didn’t see it coming. I’ve send blood sample to DNA and tox. The killer might use an axe to dismember her. There was no blood flow when she was chopped up.”
    “Post-mortem. Rape?” Mac asked.
    “Negative. But I’ve found some greasy substance on different body parts. It smelt like… slight scent of almond?” Sid gave Stella three swabbed samples. “And here, before you ask, are scrapes from her fingernails and her fingerprints.” He handed her two envelopes and a fingerprint record card.
    “Is there anything can help us ID her? Tattoo? Birthmark?” Stella asked.
    “There is a scar on her left knee. Nothing else.”
    “Thank you, Sid.” Mac said.
    “I’ll be on the missing person.” Stella said when they were walking out.
    “Alright, I’ll be on the pipe.”
    Stella was relieved when Mac left. She felt ridiculous jealousy when Sid complimented on the sweater. She wondered if it was a gift from Mac. Birthday? Wedding anniversary? Or just a gift from a husband to his beloved wife? She shook her head to get rid of the wild guessing. This had never happened before. She hoped she could go to the locker and changed back to her own clothes. Since she wouldn’t want to hurt Mac’s feelings, she gathered her every ounce of strength to concentrate on work.
    Stella had no luck on the missing person reports. She went to the trace lab, took out the vic’s clothes and started examine it. She cut tiny pieces of the bloody fabrics and sent to DNA. And she found coffee stains on the jeans. She was on her way to buy herself a cup of coffee when Flack found her.
    “Nice sweater Stell, not your style though. Where did you get it?”
    “It’s not mine.” A hint of impatience in Stella’s tone.
    Flack knew from her face that she didn’t want to talk about it. “I have something. Let’s get Mac.”
    They went to Mac’s office.
    “Jane Doe’s name was Alice Mann, 23 years old, an on-site clerk of the Sterling Construction Group.” Flack reported.
    “Sterling Construction Group?” Stella asked.
    “Yep, the construction site where we recovered the last piece of Alice is one of the projects of the Sterling’s. She worked there. The security guard identified her from the photo we showed him. She didn’t show up to work yesterday.”
    “Any suspects?” Mac asked.
    “Still working on it. Here’s her address.” Flack handed Mac a piece of paper.
    “The greasy smudge and blood on the pipe match to the vic’s. I also found some prints on it but got no match. Hawkes is doing an experiment on the dummies to compare the weapon imprint on the vic’s skull. Let’s see if we can find anything useful at her place. At the same time, Flack, get a warrant to search the construction site. She might be dismembered there.”

6. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Kikii.. Thank you~!!! :drool::drool::drool: This chapter is :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:! The case.. I'm sooo looking forward to the case.. It seems interesting. I mean it's really interesting. Hmmm, Stella gets jealous.. That's a scene i really wanted to see. :drool::drool::drool: Can't wait for the next chapter. :)

7. MacsGirlMel

yw :) I'm anxious for kissage lolol

8. shell_kikii

Hi gals, thanks for the feedback. :)
    Dear VampireMacsNiblet, be paitient ! :)

Part 3

Alice Mann’s apartment was small and tidy. The neighbors said she was a quiet girl. She didn’t have any visitors until two months ago. A man had visited her several times, she called him James. The last time he came was about a week ago. They had a fight. James punched the door after she kicked him out. Stella examined the door but James didn’t left anything useful behind. Mac found some photos of Alice and a man, they looked more than friends. There was nothing suggesting Alice had any family.
    “Poor girl! She lived a simple live. Not even had a cat. If Darcy Wyne wasn’t up late last night, she would just vanish from this world to no one’s knowledge. It’s sad, lonely single girl in a big city.” Stella was not only felt sorry for the girl. She thought Alice’s life was almost a shadow of hers. She had a job, had friends, had hobbies but she was lonely at the end of the day. She tried to love somebody but got hurt, physically and mentally. The only one person she loved with her whole heart was so close but not to reach.
    “Stella, you’re not alone.” Mac said softly. He could always sense her unhappiness. She was tough outside but vulnerable inside. He was always there for her but she would rather to deal with the problems by herself. He knew she didn’t want to be his burden. He dared not to interfere with her decision because it would hurt her ego.
    “Yeah, right.” Stella took a deep breath.
    “You alright?” Mac touched her arm. He felt her muscle tensed up.
    “I think I need some fresh air, just give me one minute.” Stella was already heading out while she was speaking.
    Mac’s phone rang. It was Flack. He got the warrant and asked Mac and Stella to meet him at the construction site.
    The police scattered around the construction site. Mac and Stella went to the site office where Alice worked. The ground was clean and had smell of bleach. They found blood trace on the back of Alice’s chair. She probably sat in the chair when the killer attacked her. Stella took photos and swabbed the blood. Mac showed the photos he found at Alice’s place to the security guard. He identified the man as James Osmond, a worker who didn’t show up to work the last two days.
    Something disturbed Stella. She looked around, tried to figure out what it is.
    “What?” Mac was concerned.
    “I don’t know. Something…” Stella tried to recall the memory. A uniformed officer found an unfinished apartment had strong smell of bleach and called Mac and Stella.
    The apartment was big without any furniture. The tiled floor was clean.
    “Someone had cleaned up the floor with bleach, no blood.” Stella said.
    “Alice was missing for at least 24 hours. I think she did come to work yesterday morning. The killer might killed her then, hid her somewhere and came back to finish the job at night. He might cover the floor with something, so not much blood there.” Mac looked around and stopped at the ceiling.
    “Stella.” Mac pointed to some blood stains on the ceiling with his flashlight.
    “Great.” Stella took some photos then turned to the uniform. “Officer, can you find me a ladder please.”
    Flack got in when Mac was swabbing the blood from the ceiling. “Found some axes in the tools store.”
    “I get this.” Stella followed Flack to the store room.
    Few minutes later, Mac joined them. Stella picked up an axe had a luminous blade, which was Luminol reacting to blood. “Bingo!”
    They bagged the evidence and headed back to the lab.
    Stella sagged in the seat and closed her eyes once she got into the car.
    “Tired?” Mac asked.
    “Yeah. It’s a long day.” Stella answered without open her eyes.
    “I’ll drop you at your place. You can have some sleep. Your shift was already over.”
    “No…” Stella stopped, “OK. Thank you, Mac.”
    Mac wondered what had caused her to change her mind. She was always energetic and eager to capture the murderers. She was a bit strained today.

9. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

:lol::lol::lol: Thank you for this chapter, Kikii. Hmm, Stella.. when it comes to poor girls. It's difficult for her. I'm proud of her. She doesn't breaks down easily. I'm also wondering what changed her mind. I can't wait for the answer. :lol: Stella is always the "RAMBO STELLA". Well.. Mac seems very worried about her. Come on Mac~! Do something.. :devil: *kissage* :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: *Faints* Of course I'm waiting. Don't worry, Kikii. Take your time.. I'm in love with this story. :D

Take Care - Asprine :D

10. MacsGirlMel

yeah lol I have no patience. Do something !

11. shell_kikii

Asprine and VampireMacsNiblet, thank you soooo much! :)

Dear Asprine, in order to thank you for your enthusiasm, I wrote a bit more today. Hope you like it too. ;)

Part 4

Stella felt her apartment was even emptier today. She kicked off her shoes and went directly to the bathroom. She wished a long, hot bath could wash her fatigue away. She curled in the couch after bath. She was tired, her heart was tired. It was not the case that bothered her. Her true feelings for Mac did. She thought she had sealed it up and kept it safely in her heart. Today she recognized it was a dormant volcano. It was waking up. Her feeling was like boiling magma. Was it because of Claire’s clothes? It didn’t make sense at all! Stella knew Mac loved his late wife. She had never jealous of Claire. Why today?
    It WAS Claire’s clothes. Although Stella was wearing her clothes, she was not Claire. She could tell from Mac’s gaze when he looked at her this morning. He was torn between happiness and sadness. He was so excited when he first saw her but the light in his eyes faded instantly. He looked confused. And Stella knew he would just love her as a very good friend. It really hurt! What else could she expect? All these years, he kept reminding her they were close partners and friends.
    Why couldn’t she just let it go?
    The phone rang. Stella had directed all the phone calls to the answering machine and turned her cell phone off. She knew Mac would call. He was a practical man. He wouldn’t say any sweet words. But he always assured her she could count on him. Moments later, the answering machine took the call.
    “Stella, this is Mac. I just call to see if you’re OK.” He stopped for a few seconds. “Call me if you need anything. Good night.”
    She missed him. Tears filled her eyes when she was listening to his voice. That was it. If Mac wasn’t that sweet, if he wasn’t care so much about her, it would be much easier for her to let go.
    Stella didn’t sleep well last night. She had a headache this morning. She took two Aspirin and went to Mac’s office.
    Lindsay bumped into her in the hallway. “Stell, have you bought the gift for Christmas party yet? We only have about three weeks. I wish I have more time. I didn’t make any decision yet.”
    Stella took a deep breath. “I’m sorry, Lindsay. Maybe we should talk about it later.” She started to walk again when she spoke to Lindsay.
    Lindsay was puzzled. Stella knew what kind of gift would make the receiver happy. She loved to talk about buying Christmas gifts.
    “Something was not right.” Hawkes said behind Lindsay.
    Lindsay turned. “Hawkes, what do you mean?”
    “We were in the elevator together this morning. She was all so quiet and distant. Mac’s office is her first stop in the lab every morning. Today, she went to her office directly.”
    “She looked pale. Maybe she and Mac had a fight?” Lindsay said.
    “No matter what’s cooking, I think it’s big. I’ve never seen Stella like this before.”
    Hawkes said.
    “Do you think we should talk to them? Maybe there is something we can do.”
    “I don’t think so.” Hawkes shook his head.
    Stella knocked on Mac’s office door.
    “Good morning, Mac.” Stella closed the door before she sat down.
    “Morning.” Mac looked up from what he was writing. “Those baggies under your eyes tell me you don’t feel better today.” Mac pointed to Stella’s face with his pen.
    “I’m fine. Oh, I’ve took the sweater and slacks to the laundry. I would get them back to you later. You should keep them. They are the only things Claire left.” Stella stopped and handed out a letter. “And this is for you.”
    “What is it?” Mac opened the envelope, took the letter out and read. He put the letter down and stared at Stella. He stood up and paced behind his desk for a minute. He was gathering his thought. Then he sat down again.
    “Why?” Mac asked. His tone was cold as ice, it sliced Stella’s heart.
    “As I wrote in the letter, I want to change working environment.” Stella tried to manage a smile.
    “The truth. Stella.” Mac lost his patience.
    “I’ve been in the same position for over a decade. It’s normal if I want to have some changes.”
    “What changes? You want changes all in a sudden?” Mac stood up, almost kicked down his chair. “You should talk to me if there is problem. Not throwing a resignation to my face.”
    “I’m not throwing anything to your face! You might get resignation from anyone in the lab. I think I should explore the world outside the lab when I still can. We wouldn’t be partners forever. Sooner or later, we would be parted.” Stella’s heart was bleeding. She was using every ounce of will to keep her tears from falling.
    Someone knocked on the door. Stella turned to see Flack’s shocked face.
    “I’m sorry to interrupt. Mac, we have James Osmond in custody.”
    “We’ll talk later.” Mac said to Stella. He tore the letter into several pieces, threw it into the wastebasket and stormed out of his office.
    Stella covered her face with both hands. Her headache was getting worse. She knew it was not easy to convince Mac. She didn’t expect this bad. She wasn’t sure if it was a good move to quit the job. She only knew that she couldn’t tolerate any longer. It was so painful to love a man who didn’t love you. She thought if she cut off their connections, she might move on and had a new start.
    It was difficult to make the decision. She loved him so much and she loved this job. She would miss him. She would miss all their laughter, their fights and happiness when the cases were solved. She would miss all the difficult situations they faced and went through together.
    The other option was to tell Mac how she felt. But she wouldn’t risk to losing his friendship too. If he didn’t share her feelings, how could she face him everyday?

12. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Kikii, You're welcome. This chapter is :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. It's so..so.. touching :adore::adore:. *Sobs*. Jealousy of Claire. She shouldn't have thought so.. It just makes her more sad. *sighs* Mac's voice is her reason of everyday life she lived.

Poor Stella.. I'm worried for her body health. Her headache. She should share it with someone. Maybe Lindsay.. She's trying to avoid everything. Seriously, she can avoid now.. She can't avoid forever. Eventually, someday, she'll break down in front of him. The moments that they shared together.. :adore::adore: That makes me melt.. :drool::drool:

That's one question in my head. Sometimes, it's worth the risk. Thank you sooo much, Kikii for writing more.. I really appreciate it. It was GREAT! :)

13. MacsGirlMel

aw come on, make us happy and fix it!

14. shell_kikii

Thank you girls! :)
    Dear VampireMacsNiblet, I have case to solve! :lol: I promise I'll fix it ASAP. ;)

Part 5

James Osmond was shaking in the interrogation room. He used to be strong and tough, the drug had destroyed him.
    “You know Alice Mann, James?” Flack asked. He was pacing behind James to make him even nervous.
    “Yes, we…we used to work together.”
    “No. You were her boyfriend.”
    “Well, we did hang out a couple of times but she’s not my type.”
    “No again. She broke up with you and kicked you out. That’s why you killed her.”
    “Killed her? Wait a minute, we had a fight but I didn’t kill her.” James almost fell from the chair.
    “Why did you have a fight?” Mac stepped forward.
    “I…I needed some cash, so I took some stuff from the site. I…I thought no one would pay any attention to that. But she did. I went to her place to talk to her but she said she didn’t want to see me again. I didn’t see her since.”
    “Where were you in the last two days?”
    “I was at my mom’s. I hoped she would help me out.”
    “We need your DNA and fingerprints.” Mac’s brows knitted together.
    “Anything, I can give you anything.” James extended his arm and rolled up the sleeve.
    Mac was disgust at those tiny injection marks. He swabbed James mouth and took the fingerprints not very gently.
    “You know what? You should find the other guy.” James said.
    “What other guy?” Flack asked.
    “I don’t know. Alice said there was a guy who stalked her. And there were silence phone calls around midnight.”
    “When did she talk about that?” Mac asked.
    “About a month ago? I’m not sure.”
    “Did she see him?”
    “No. She said she felt someone was following her.”
    Mac left the interrogation room with Flack.
    “You believed him?” Flack asked.
    “I don’t think he’s capable of doing this. Get Alice’s phone records. See if we can find out the stalker.”
    “You got it.” Flack was leaving but turned back. “Mac, I know what happened between you and Stella is not my business. But sometimes you should speak your mind.” He patted Mac on his shoulder and leave.
    Stella was swabbing the plastic bag which had vomit on it.
    “Hey, I got some prints from this bag. It’s now comparing to the AFIS. What about you? Any luck?” Stella pretended everything was normal when she saw Mac.
    “I got James Osmond’s DNA sample and prints.”
    “Pleas take this as well when you take the sample to DNA” She finished swab the bag and handed Mac the sample.
    “Stella…”
    “Hey guys.” Hawkes came in. “The imprint of the bloody pipe was perfectly matched to the one on the vic’s skull. DNA of the blood matched too. And, the greasy stuff on the body is some kind of ointment for skin dryness.”
    The print system beeped. Stella hurried to check on the result.
    “No match. Damn.”
    “Let’s cross compare James’s prints to this one and the one on the pipe. See whether he had handled the plastic bag or the murder weapon.” Mac said.
    “OK.”
    Mac had Hawkes took the swabs to the DNA lab. He put on his lab gown and joined Stella. They worked side by side in a wonderful rhythm.
    “The prints on the plastic bag are matched to the pipe but not to James’s. That means James is not our guy.” Mac said.
    “So we’re back to square one.” Stella sighed.
    “James said Alice had a stalker. Flack is getting her phone records. Let’s hope we would find something useful.”
    “Wait a minute. The scent! Sid said there was slight almond scent on the vic.” Stella turned to look Mac in his eyes. This was the first time she looked directly at him since their fight this morning. “Remember when we were at the site office? The security guard had that smell on him. He’s our guy.”
    Mac took out the photos of Alice and James. “He had touched this photo yesterday. Let’s dust it.”
    They lifted a clear fingerprint on the photo. They compared it to the prints from the murder weapon and plastic bag and they matched.
    Mac called Flack while he and Stella were running to the elevator. “Flack, we are going back to the construction site. We believed the security guy is the killer. Meet us there.”

15. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Kikii, this case.. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :bolian::bolian:. Lots of suspense. Keeps me wondering who is the killer. And I never expect it would be the security guy. :)

Aw, I could picture that.. makes me :drool::drool::drool:. It was lovely, Kikii. Look.. They are the best partner. Come on, Stella.. Don't leave.. :rolleyes::rolleyes: :adore::adore: Mac would go back to his shell without Stella playing his roll with him. :lol:

Thank you, Kikii. :) *Trying to figure out what would happen soon* :)