Natalia Boa Vista poll: KEEP HER or LOSE HER???

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Carolyn_333, Oct 8, 2006.

1. life_style

life_style Pathologist

I say lose her.

But the main problem probably isn't the character itself, but rather the writers different dramatic angles. Horatio's, Natalia's, Ryan's and Delko's love life anyone? They've pretty much (in my opinion) turned it into a day time soap opera. :lol:

2. Talcat

Talcat Victim

I vote lose her simply because it feel’s like the TBTB are making Ryan look like a jerk to make her look better. Boa was informing on them to the Fed’s it might have been nice stuff BUT she still betrayed a trust which was placed in her.
    I am however interested in the creepy ex storyline.

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Sorry but Ryan doesn't need help looking like that, he was screwing up long before that. Wow, I am surprised that the team can basically forgive her or allow her to have a mistake or two, all I am saying is that how many others on the team have screwed up just as bad if not worse.

What could be worse then being a mole who gave info on the lab that basically made it shine? Hmm let me think, Calleigh making her father take a drink to cover a hit and run, Eric losing his badge cause he was toothing (or whatever its called), Ryan leaking info to the press regardless if he meant to or not, and Speed failed to clean his gun twice last resulting in his death.

Hmm seems to me they have all had their burdens to bear and yet TPTB make her the mole and she is branded for good, and yet I wonder if the "Mole" Reason would be held against Calleigh, Eric, Ryan, Maxine, ect. Hmm just wondering. JMHO

4. Talcat

Talcat Victim

I'm not saying the others don't have faults heck they have them big time all of them Even H.

What I don't like about Boa is the fact she did go behined her freinds and work mates backs, they trusted her and she did betray that trust even if she thought she was helping them.

If people are to trust her and viewers like her it's going to take longer than a month or two and 5 ep's.

Who know's if this poll is redone at the end of the season people might have changed their minds about her.

5. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

But see, the thing is - even though they said that she didn't say anything bad, the writers seem to have forgotten earlier in s4 that someone leaked info that almost got Marisol put in jail for 10 years for selling drugs and almost got Alexx fired by telling the feds about the prescription. (unless that wasn't her and there's a second mole in the lab, but what are the odds of that? and why wasn't it explained?)

(even though I haven't seen the recent eps, this is what I have gathered)
    What I don't get is that when they Boa screws up, something else happens to take focus away from it, like Ryan blowing up at her, which makes her seem infallible and the other person semm like the bad guy. All the mistakes made by the others were far worse in comparison again making them look bad and her looking good. (like Speed not cleaning his gun, which by the way, still annoys me. But that made it seem like his own fault he died, while all Boa does is make some little errors that cause her to get yelled at by the mean boys). And when she did screw up big time by being the mole of the lab, they even managed to put a positive spin on that so that it wasn't her fault, and she didn't do anything bad. It just doesn't seem fair.

and by the way, I apoligise if that didn't really make sense, because by the time I had ranted a little, I had completely forgotten my point.

6. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

This is an unplanned post. I was just gonna start this thread. Then sit back, watch the results and read the posts. But I gotta chime in here.
    carlz31, I totally agree with you on that prescription Alexx wrote Ryan. If Natalia didn't leak it, Alexx didn't leak it and Ryan didn't leak it. THEN WHO THE HECK LEAKED IT???
    But I think what happened with Marisol was something like this: She was pulled over for a traffic violation (speeding, broken tail light, expired plates etc.) and they saw the marijuana in her car.
    I don't think anyone leaked about Marisol. <<<That sentence might be wishful thinking on my part but...that's how I feel...it's my opinion.

7. Destiny

Actually think about it, when Natalia was talking to Calliegh she said something to the effect that they were being investigated long before she even go there, then Calleigh replied something to the effect of it being on the local level, Natalia didn't know for sure.

Lets go back I don't know what season, Rick Stetler had a file he locked up on Horatio, on several different occassions the lab was investigated (ie calleigh accidently inhaling drugs and flunking the lie detector), ect.

Heck Peter who doesn't even work in the lab knew through the grapevine (not sure if it was his GF) about the investigation he mentioned not being able to trust the lab because there was a leak (info that had not been given out).

Marisol's incident could have been of public knowledge, and record, if its a juvi record it gets sealed but they can unseal it to see it but not necessairly use it. As an adult the cops would have had to make a police report, even if they didn't if the "BAD Mole" heard about it and passed it on.

What got me as Natalia not being "the" mole is because she was to perplexed at what was going on. it was like a total surprise to her. But here is the other thing, she came out about why she was there now if you are the mole would you go around telling people? even to save your own butt.

It seems to me that Calleigh believed her, apparently since she is working there H believed her, and while eric and ryan are not sure what to believe, they are trying to put the past behind them.

I have one question in case I missed the ep. Okay we know that Natalia and Eric Slept together (she thought she was with child), But everyone talks about how she slept with Ryan, umm where is this mentioned or insinuated? I know they had a date. So either I missed it in an ep or it was speculation because they went on a date.

I like that we can talk and debated (a small amount) on the why its like investigating. But I guess I still wonder if "Eric, Ryan, Calleigh or Maxine" was the mole would folks want to get rid of them or react like they did with Natalia. -- Don't get me wrong I know she is the newbie, but everyone is going to make mistakes, alot of Natalia's just hit all at once.

8. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

That episode where Stetler locked up that file was at the end of the season 2 episode THE OATH.
    As for Natalia sleeping with Ryan, that's news to me too.
    Destiny, you and I must've missed the same episode.
    You make a good point about Natalia. If she was "THE" mole who leaked about Alexx writing Ryan that prescription and other stuff, why would she fess up to being the mole??? Certainly not to save her own hide, I don't think they were even on to her. In fact, I think Horatio had Ryan testing the rest of the team. There was a season 4 episode, I forgot the name of, where Alexx seemed hurt that Ryan thought she might be the mole. Ryan told Alexx something to the effect of "Horatio said we had to be sure." Seems like that episode was ONE OF OUR OWN.
    Speaking of the last episode of season 4, in ONE OF OUR OWN Ryan shoved Cooper against a wall accusing him of being the mole. Maybe Ryan was right about Cooper and didn't know it. Personally, I think "THE REAL" mole is that guy Aaron, the one in trace who in season 3's LEGAL when he finished listing what was in the red stuff on the dead club girl's shirt, Calleigh and Ryan realized someone threw a cosmopolitan on her. Well, in the season 4 episode SHATTERED, where Eric tested positive for marijuana, Aaron expressed some concerns to Horatio. I think the concerns were about Eric working on the case that Eric was working on. Aaron seemed to know alot about what was going on in the lab alot of the time...he could've been "THE" mole. Well, that my thoughts on the subject.
    I certainly have some doubts now about Natalia being "THE" mole.
    One last thing: I'm sticking with my vote "KEEP HER".

9. Destiny

Thanks for the ep name, my catalog in my head took a coffee break and forgot to go on automatic pilot lol.

I agree Aaron (thats it) did see to be a grapevine of info, and I am not convinced that Natalia even knew about Alexx and Ryan's eye (Ep: Shocked), Also totally agree Ryan was so convinced that it was Dan Cooper that he nailed him to the wall literly.

I agree I don't think she is "The" mole, but rather a pawn in the game, sort of the fail-girl they would need someone else in there to varify her info, especially if all she reporting is good info. During the seasons she mostly worked by herself except when she helpped out the team, and then she didn't really ask info. So that would leave suspion that she used Eric to get it. But I doubt that, cause even Monica said that Natalia was "useless as a mole" leaving it to show that Natalia might have been telling the truth on what she was reporting.

10. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

For the issue of Ryan and Natalia sleeping together, I don't think they did. It was just a date. Not every date leads to sex. I don't know where that came from. I guess some people just assumed that they did. I prefer to believe that they didn't, there was nothing to idicate that they had.

11. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

^^I think the assumption that she and Ryan had slept together may have come from what Delko said during his interview with the Feds during 'One Of Our Own':

Now I just assumed that Delko only said this because he was angry, he'd just figured out that Natalia was the mole. Unless either Ryan or Natalia told him, he had no way of knowing whether they'd slept together or not.

That being said, I did vote "Lose her". I'm sorry, I just don't like the character, I think the actress is great, but the character does nothing for me.

I'm not opposed to changing my mind regarding Natalia, but it will take a lot to make me do so, and nothing I've seen from the charater thus far in Season 5 has done anything to dissuade me from my original opinion.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I say lose her. The woman seriously adds nothing to the series except drama. She's bearly a trained CSI and we know more about her than the rest of the gang. And i've been waiting..what? Since forever to know about them? (With the exception of H of course)At least H has had a plot line since the beginning in which we will all know about his past and who he is sometime in the future. But, with the rest? I don't know..All I know is that Calleigh's father has always been and Alcoholic and is something that she has to deal with, Delko deals with Speed's death by sleeping around and we have yet to know about the effects on him concerning his sister's death. And what about Ryan? That he has OCD and that he's a bit aggressive (I got this from the episode of last season's finale and from Death Eminent), that's it!
    I know more about Natalia than I would have ever been at least interested in knowing. EKkk

Lose the Lifetime Drama Queen

13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Hey now, I happen to like Oompa Loompa's. Don't insult them. Boa Vista, on the other hand...

Also, I believe it has been decided that we can no longer comment on the orange, as it can be taken as an insult to the actress, which is not allowed here.

14. Juma

Juma Police Officer

I hope so. The discussion of elr skin color made me REALLY unconfortable. No one would ever dare to comment on a chocolaty color or a big nose.
    so I'm very content that has been settled.
    Because people are different cause the Lord loves variety is my take on it.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey guys I'll edit the post. I have to admit it is wrong to comment on skin color even though some can be fake.
    People seem to ignore my reasons for not liking the character, instead noticing the last line of my post.