Nails - natural or 'fake'

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by dopebabygirl, Sep 30, 2008.

?

Nails

Poll closed Nov 9, 2008.
  1. Natural

20 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Manicured

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  3. Gel

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Acrylic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

Do you like 'fake' nails or do you prefer natural.
    Short or long?

Have you ever been in a nail studio and had your nails done,
    if yes you prefer Acrylics or Gels? And do you like Nail Art?
    Like Airbrush, or stickers, stuff like that?

if you want to you could post a picture of your nails.

I like gel nails - i don't know why, i just love it, they don't break easily and they look good.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  2. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I don't like fake nails, they don't look good and they're impractical. Mine are natural and short.

3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I used to have the 'fake' nails until I got into the medical field and had to take them off. Mine are not nautral, healthy, and short. Not too short, but short. Nicely painted with designs. I'm a freak about my nails. :)

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i have natural nails, they grow pretty fast and are strong so ive never felt the need to spend money on nails. i keep them medium, long enough so the tip is past my finger but if they start looking like claws i cut them back. ive been wearing polish more often these days, since opi came out with russian navy and black cherry chutney. id keep my nails painted forever i love those colours so much! right now i have a very bright barbie pink on. i dont ever do nail art on my fingers, but i do like a design on my big toes. i rarely pay for a manicure, usually just shape and paint them myself.

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Natural and short. I just cannot have long nails because farmwork usually destroys those ;) Sometimes I have longer thumbnails but they say snap eventually at work.
    Don't even paint those. I am lame.

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Natural and depends on my mood. Some times I let my nails grow out and sometimes I chop them. Though a lot of the time they break at work because I'm klutzy. :lol:

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

When my braces made it so I couldn't bite my nails, they grew really long and nice! I loved them, and they were natural. But now that my teeth have moved quite a lot I can bite my nails again, and it's so hard not to, I don't even realize it half the time, but I'd love to try and stop so I can grow them long again. For some reason they were weak though. Is that what you'd call it? When they were long they would bend and break really easily, so that was pretty annoying.

I've never been in a nail studio, so I'm not sure which I'd like. My mom's friend does gels though, apparently they're pretty good. Maybe I'll get her to do mine.

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I usually have my nails manicured. I'm quite lucky as I have fairly strong nails which grow quite quickly. I love having a french manicure on them, I'm not a fan of bright coloured nail polish. I've never had false nails though, I don't think I'd be able to function properly with them, it would be weird. :lol:

9. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

I've got quite good strong nails so I prefer to keep them natural. I guess some people would call them long and I vary between a blue (a bright baby blue) or black polish.

I have had my nails done, only in the sense of shaped and painted. Wasn't too pleased last time I went. The colour was fabulous but she applied it so thickly that an hour and a half later I smudged it. Yes, smudged. Especially when you consider how much they charge you for the pleasure :rolleyes:

One thing I stand by is if one breaks, shorten the rest so you dont look completely uneven :D

10. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Mine are natural and always in bad shape. I never have time to take care of them. The only time they looked decent was when I was pregnant.

11. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

Definitively natural!! I wore fake ones for few times and it simply hurt and was totally uncomfortable!! I usually put on some polish depends on my mood:D sometimes transparent, red, back,mixed or french look;). But I've never been to a nail studio it's just way too expensive:scream:.

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

My nails are natural and I don't use anything on them. It would be a waste of money to have a manicure or to use nail polish. Working in the type of retail I do can have it's disadvantages some times :) Until about 5 years ago I used to bite them and then I just stopped. I occasionally take a nibble on one but that is rare these days. I don't like long nails so I keep them trimmed to be even with the tops of my fingers.

13. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

I started having false nails because of nail biting. I always had a finger in my mouth :(
    Since I started to go to a nail studio I stopped biting my nails.
    I have now my natural nails with gel on it. It's true it not cheap but it's worth it :)
    At least in my opinion. :)

Most of the time I have french but sometimes I use pink,blue, green or black nail polish.

14. Billy

Billy Hit and Run

I prefer natural and short, because I'm playing guitar. It's hard with long nails. ;)

15. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Mine are natural and short because I never have the patience to do them. I've had fake nails before, but I (being the graceful one) can never keep them on for more than a day.

Before graduation I decided to put on some fake ones and had problems with the bottle of glue. I already had my dress on (which exposed my shoulders) so I ended splashing half the bottle on my shoulder. It took a week or two for it to all peel off. It was horrible!

I never have patience for my fingernails to dry after putting paint on them, and when my nails get long I get OCD and have to clip them.

My toenails are a different story though, I'll paint them every color in the rainbow.