My gripe with Miami and NY as of late

Ninja0980

Police Officer
New York City is the largest city in the U.S. and the fifth largest in the world. More than eight million people live there and over 70 languages are spoken there. It's a true melting pot Miami is another large city with so many different cultures and groups to offer,and yet they don't show that either.
Instead, all we've seen of late in many of the episodes are crimes dealing with mostly the upper class, with the occisional gang banger episode thrown in.
Minorities and poor people only exist to serve as victims for the big bad rich people who have never had to work a day in their life and view everyone below their status as scum. The episode ends with the poor person being saved while the big bad rich person is shown their place by the blue coller CSIS.
Don't know about the rest of you but I'm tired of it. There is so much more to these groups,therr struggles, their culture etc that can be used for storylines of them simply being helpless victims of the rich boogeyman.
Furthermore, not every person that comes from money is a stuck up snob who treats other people like dirt. One of my best friends comes from money and he is the most down to earth person you will meet. On the other hand, someone I knew who came from a poorer neighborhood felt that alone made her entitled to money and nice things without having to work for it.
Sorry for the long rant, but IMO, the storylines are responsible for declining ratings just as much as the time slots are. Show episodes outside the Upper East Side or downtown Miami for a change.

I agree i was just watching an episode of miami and my mom said why do they all ways show the rich side of miami it would be nice to see a differnt side of miami like the poor side...but with miami writers they just write about the rich side as if only rich people live an miami!!!

As much as I love all three shows I must say I see the same things are you both do. What I find most irritating is the way ordinary folks all work for a moderate living yet live in mansions and have the best cars.

I was talking with a friend one time about everyone looking alike there, such as the women are all slim and the men have six-pack abs. So I said are there any fat people living in Miami?! Her response was that she thinks it's illegal. :guffaw::guffaw:

When we had the blind witness on Miami he seemed like a nice guy who didn't own the entire city, just a man who went to the beach and heard the crime happening. I thought his character was someone nice and mid class among the elite. And he was treated well by the CSIs, especially Natalia.

Having money is ok, I have a friend too who is rich, and she is also down to earth. Never looks down her nose at anyone.

I don't know if this jives with what you are saying but that is the way I see the shows.

Back