My CSI stuff....costume...

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by BigJon, Apr 8, 2006.

1. BigJon

BigJon Civilian

So..I've been lurking on here awhile. Finally decided to post.

Here is a couple of pictures of my collection. I'm working on a CSI costume. Going for "close as I can get" rather than "screen accurate". Anybody else working on something like this?

My jacket and hat

My patch

My badge

2. Gwenyth

Gwenyth Witness

Wow. Looks like a good costume you've got going. :D

I've thought about doing it (along with Stargate, Trek, ect.) but I haven't gotten around to it. How have you found your pieces?

3. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

Haha, love the jacket. Wouldn't mind having one myself. I'd just love to walk around with "FORENSICS" in huge letters on my back :p

4. BigJon

BigJon Civilian

Well...the jacket was thanks to here. Found a post awhile back about the site www.crimescene.com/store that sells the jacket.

Then my parents went to Vegas and picked up a CSI hat that they happened to be selling around there. Same one as on the official CBS store.

I bought the patch off of a seller on eBay, it's going to go on my vest. Still looking around for a more accurate vest that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The current one I'm looking at will need some modification.

The badge came from www.clumsycrooks.com/shoplift.php That's been the most expensive part so far...but it's a real nice quality badge.

5. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

Why not just buy a plain black vest and sew on some mesh pockets and a strip of fabric with your name on it, and the CSI badge. Then maybe you could find or make an iron-on "FORENSICS" applique for the back.

Making things yourself always costs less than buying something already made :)

BTW, congratulations for de-lurking! :p

6. Guest

Guest Guest

That's pretty neat Welcome to the Site :)

7. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

Thats way cool, well done!

8. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Can't see the hat... where did that come from?

9. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

I'm trying to find a CSI costume also. (it's going to be halloween costume.) I have a shopping cart (online) of things that I want for it, but I don't think I'll be spending $130 on my halloween costume...

I did find a tactical vest for $75. You can choose from a variety of colors, and you can get a logo put on the left chest pocket, like they wear on the show.

10. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Where did you get the tactical vest?

11. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

12. labgeekluvr

labgeekluvr Lab Technician

BigJon wrote: "Anybody else working on something like this?"

I'm going the jumpsuit route. I just ordered a navy blue coverall jumpsuit online and I plan to make an iron-on transfer of the "CSI" letters for the back of the jumpsuit and for a baseball cap. Don't have the other accessories yet.

13. BigJon

BigJon Civilian

That sounds cool labgeekluvr. I just got a couple more things to update my costume with. I'm ready for Halloween now. I still haven't done the vest yet...but plan on buying one like darx2mint4 posted.

My most recent pics can be found on my costume page, along with some links as to where I got my stuff.

My costume page

14. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

I think I've almost finally finished my costume. :)
    I'm aiming for Sara, so here's what I got.:
    -Forensics Jacket
    -Brown pants like she wears
    -kind of boots she wears
    -fingerprinting kit
    -luminol with spray bottle
    -metal briefcase
    -sunglasses that she would wear (NOT the pink ones...)
    -the shirt she wore in BTK (my friend had the exact one and let me borrow it)

If anyone needs an idea of what the female investigators wear on CBS there is a big article posted in the Watch! magazine on cbs.com

15. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

That is freaky cool! I love it :D.....I wish my mum would get me those things.....I want a replica CSI vest for my B-day....:D it's have either 'Grissom' or 'Sidle' on it. :D Would you know where I could get a vest for cheaper?