Misc-Holiday Fan Art Exchange

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

First off a big thank you to Kristine aka FallenForFlack aka JoyeuxNoel for bringing this to my attention. I totally forgot :eek:

It has been suggested that we have an exchange for the Misc Forum so I've decided to set one up so all you fantastic artist can take part. I'm snagging the the guidelines from the Fan Art Forum :)

What is a fanart gift exchange?

Well, it’s exactly what it sounds like! All participants will both make and receive a fanart gift. For those of you familiar with a ‘Secret Santa’, that’s basically what this is….

So here’s how this is going to work:

[1] Everyone who wants to participate must sign up. You can do this by replying to this thread.

[2] In your sign up post, you should also leave a short description of what you might like to receive. Keep in mind that these are only meant to be guidelines to help your gift-giver along. Keep it short and simple. If you also want to include a character that you don’t want included, that’s fine to, as long as you do so politely.
    [example]: My favourite show is NCIS and my favourite character is Gibbs. I'm not a fan of Supernatural. Got the idea.
    [3] I will keep an updated participants list at the end of this post. If you see that your name is missing, or that it’s on there and shouldn’t be, please let me know so I can fix it.

[4] When the sign-ups are finished, each participant will be randomly assigned another participant to make something for. You will be notified of who you’re making something for by PM (or by email if you are unable to receive PM’s)

[5] Once you know who you’re creating for, you can use their sign-up post as a guideline. You may make whatever you want. Icon, banner, wallpaper, some combination things, it’s up to you. If you know that they have a LJ, making something for that is a possibility as well.

[6] When you are ready to send it in, you have two options. If you want them to know who made it, you may send it to them directly. If you wish to be anonymous, you may send it to me, and I will pass it on to them.

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join!
    If there are any questions, please feel free to ask!

Participating
    Joyeux Noel aka FallenForFlack
    Vixen aka Teddy Bear Dr
    WinterWonderland aka Dragonfly
    DeanCasAngel aka GNRFan
    Grinch aka Finch
    Frosty* aka Stepherweps

I'll let you know later how long I'm leaving signups open. It depends on when they start to slow down ;)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  2. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm in!

Things I like: Enrique Iglesias, cute sayings/quotes/text, House (fav characters House and Chase-some great sayings there), The Vampire Diaries fav characater Damon played by Ian Somerhalder, and I'm a Princess Diana fan/admirer.

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I'm in :D

Things I Like:

Supernatural: Dean Winchester and Sam Winchester
    Wrestling: Randy Orton, John Cena
    Smallville: Clark, Lois, Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
    Beverly Hills 90210: Dylan McKay
    Country Music: Lady Antebellum, Dierks Bentley, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Backstreet Boys.
    Movies: The Goonies.

Katie Cassidy, John Mayer.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I'm in! Let's see...
    I like:
    Glee (especially Kurt and Blaine)
    Doctor Who
    Torchwood
    Beauty and the Beast (Disney version)
    RENT
    Batman Begins / The Dark Knight
    Horses
    Dragonflies
    Nature-type stuff

I really love getting wallpapers (1280x800) ;) But anything is good. I'm really looking forward to this :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm in. Hopefully my Photoshop will behave lol. I will most likely be out of town from the 16th until the 19th. I just wanted to say that so if you send out the message around then, you'll know why I don't respond right away.

===

My favorite shows are Supernatural, Leverage, Criminal Minds, Burn Notice

Characters:

Supernatural: Dean, Cas, Sam, Gabe, Bobby, Ellen, the Impala, John (either Matt Cohen or Jeffrey Dean Morgan) etc. I like Dean/Cas. I also like Bobby/Ellen and I don't mind Sam/Gabe either. Anything general with Jensen, Misha, Jared, etc is fine too. I always love scenes of Dean with kids whether its Ben or the baby in the "Two and a Half Men" episode. :) I am not a fan of Meg at all. Not really a fan of the Dean/Lisa pairing either.

Leverage: Eliot (Christian Kane) is my favorite. Anything with him (no pairings) or anything Christian Kane in general is fine. :)

Criminal Minds: I like all characters, but Reid is my favorite. Love the cuteness that is Hotch with his son Jack. :) Pairings: JJ/Will (with or without baby Henry) and Garcia/Kevin.

Burn Notice: Like all characters except Jesse. I also like Nate (recurring character). But Sam is my favorite (anything Bruce Campbell in general is cool too). I like Mike/Fiona as a pairing.

Music: Jon Bon Jovi and Keith Urban

Animals: siberian huskies, dolphins, unicorns, white tigers, koalas

Other actors: Owen and Luke Wilson

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Ooh yay! The gift exchange. :D

I wouldn't mind some:

Chris Pine
    Star Trek (Any series, movie etc.)
    Katie Cassidy
    Supernatural (any character)

Icons, banners and/or wallpapers (1680x945) are cool. :)

7. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I'm totally in! :D

I like
    * (LOVE!) Stephen Fry.
    * Liam Neeson.
    * Frogs.
    * Glee - Ship Finn and Rachel, fave characters are Finn and Sam.
    * 90210 (new one) - Navid, Liam and Ethan are my favourite characters, I ship Annie and Liam.
    * Anything to do with New York.
    * Cupcakes.

Icons, banners and wallpapers (1280x800) are cool. :D Thanks in advance. :D

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Forgot to mention I like icons that are 140x140, and banners for this forum. Wallpapers are fine too!

9. Jacquie

Anyone else wanting to join in the fun :) We're at 6 participants but I wouldn't mind another 2 :)

10. Jacquie

Sorry for the delay here people but I was hoping to get more names and with working in retail it was just a tad bit busy before Christmas :)

So the names have been sent out. I think 2 weeks should be plenty of time but if you need more just let me know. Remember if you want to send the work anonymously you can send them to me and I'll pass them on. Happy art making and I look forward to seeing some of the work in the thread here :)

11. Stepherweps

Mine are out, had a lot of fun making them. I just hope the recipient likes them. :D *Crosses fingers tightly.*

12. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I sent mine early this morning. I hope they like them, Photoshop has kind of failed me yet again :)

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

14. Stepherweps

Those are stunning Nikki, seriously, they are all awesome, you did an amazing job! :D

15. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Glad you liked them GNRF! Thanks Steph ♥