Memorical Songs.

Calihan

Captain
What songs bring back memories for you. Besides naming the songs, explain what memories they bring back and why you associate those memories with those songs.

For myself I can think of two right now.

The first song is With or Without You by U2. That songs reminds me of spending a lot of time with my sister, but with the rest of my family as well. We always used to listen to it on road trips, and of course we'd end up singing. It's also one of the earliest songs I remember liking before discovering a lot of bands that I like now.

The second song is Black Muddy River by The Grateful Dead. This is probably the first song that I listened to carefully, and paid attention to the lyrics. This song reminds me of being much younger.

Lonely with out you from Petra Berger:

The Reason it makes me think about the moments i had with my granddad before he died and how much i miss him.

and the song Mirror from the Barlow girls:

because that song makes me look into the mirror and let me know that it doesnt matter what people say im me and i have to accept that and not listing to the voice in my head who is telling me that im ugly and a bad person. im not..

I have lots.

Westlife songs always remind me about my ex, since he used to sing those for me. That's why I don't listen to those :p

Bon Jovi - It's My Life
Discos when the song was big hit. Great memories. Remembering sipping beer in snow outside in the dark and hearing that song.

Prodigy - Firestarter and
Apulanta - Anna mulle piiskaa (Spank Me)
DiscoBeige. Reminds me esp one disco with another ex.

Pulp - Disco 2000
The last barnight we arranged in spring 2005.

NYCC - Fight For Your Right and Can You Feel It?
N-Trance - D.I.S.C.O.
The summer when I was 13. Lots of happy memories.

ETA: Looks like "disco" seems to be my theme here :lol:

ellie meadows - the blueskins....it reminds me of last summer at my granny's house...sitting playing pinball on my sister's laptop.

hide and seek - imogen heap....reminds me of all the bad and good things in life....memories which were bad and good...in a song thats something speshal

Back