Marisol Delko/ Alana De LA Garza *SPOILERS*

Re: Marisol Delko/ Alana De LA Garza *Spoilers*

RaCk2ThOuSaNd6 said:
I just watched an epi of Law & Order last Fri and saw that she is now on there! OMG she chopped off her beautiful hair!!

ACK FLAIL, that is exactly what I said six months ago when I first found out. I wanted to cry. I've been watching Law & Order since September, trying in vain to see Marisol in there...yeah...not so much. Law and Order characters (origina flavor, at least) are made of cardboard, they really are. Which is a shame, because I adore Alana as an actress and everything, but this role is just no good.

I'd forgotten this thread even existed. So, you know what's going to happen now, right? I'm going to cue up all my season 4 episodes and torture myself by watching every scene she's got. It'll be wonderful at first and then I'll end up depressed, because I can never make myself stop before I reach the unhappy end. Sigh.

I saw her in a promo for L&O friday night. My sister flipped. She can't believe she chopped all her hair off.

*bumpity bumpers* ;)

sarakanne said
O.k. CSI Miami writers: it's time to bring back the Marisol character. Yeah, I know you killed her off last season, but this is T.V. and anything can happen. USA Today just had an article about "Law & Order's" upcoming demise. With Fred Thompson getting ready to announce his candicacy for President, NBC will not be able under federal law to run any further episodes with him in it due to the "equal time" law. Since Alana de la Garza (Marisol) plays an asst. D.A. on that show, she is going to be looking for a new gig. And I am sure that poor, grieving Horatio would be quite happy to see his wife return from the dead. Come on writers--put a little excitement back in the plot of this show. :)

About bringing Marisol back, how could the writers do that, she's dead. Dallas tried to bring back a dead character and it nearly ruined the series.

About Fred Thompson runnig for president and Alana De La Garza being out of a job, if Law and Order isn't cancelled then the Show could continue with Alan De La Garza as an ADA but with a different DA from Fred Thompson's character.

NBC needs to make some financial cuts because the network is not doing that well. It has been rumored that Law & Order may get the boot and today's USA Today had an article about it as well. When David Caruso was on NYPD Blue, he had a love interest. CSI: Miami's writers need to get Alana de la Garza back on the show so Caruso will have a love interest. All they have to do is say that the FBI hid her away from the Mal Noche gang so Horatio and Delko would not get killed or make up some other lame plot line. Poor Horatio needs his Marisol back and the show would probably have a huge ratings surge. Not that they need it.

How could Marisol be in Witness Protection. Horatio was with her when she was shot and pretty much stayed with her until she died. It was unrealistic enough with Ray but at least that made sense because he was nneded to go deep undercover and was 'killed; by another federal agent, and also with Ray it was kept secret because there were no photos of him after he died and there was a closed casket funeral. Back to Marisol just because giving David Caruso on NYPD blue helped doesn't mean it will work on this show.

Anything, even stupid plot lines, can happen on television. Just because Horatio saw her die, doesn't mean that she actually did. The FBI was in cahoots with the hospital to make it look that way so the Mal Noche gang would not kill anymore people. With the Mal Noche gang out of the story line anyway and with Law & Order not being renewed, then CBS can get de la Garza back for Horatio. Yes, it sounds totally bizarre, but stranger things have happened on t.v. I just cannot believe that no one, absolutely no one, on CSI: Miami appears to have a significant other. That's even stranger than bringing a character back from the dead. That David Caruso is one good looking man and the writers need to get him a girlfriend.

Welcome to the Miami Forum, sarakanne. :D We hope you're enjoying your stay here.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you, though. I think it would be a mistake to bring back Marisol. In my opinion the character was so poorly written, and the whole Marisol storyline was one of my least favorite aspects of the 4th season. Nothing against Ms. de la Garza at all because I have seen her on L&O this season and I think she does wonderfully on there.

Secondly, to bring another character 'back from the dead' would be pushing it, even by Miami standards. That is the reason why, despite being a huge Speedle/Rory Cochrane fan, that I cannot get behind a similar scenario that would bring one of my most beloved characters back. I was able to buy it once with Raymond, but only just. To try it again with another character would be the straw that broke the camel's back with me as far as this show goes.

I also don't think that Horatio has to have a love interest for this show to survive. What worked on NYPD Blue, wouldn't necessarily work on CSI: Miami. That being said Marisol wasn't the only character on this show that it was implied by tptb that H had feelings for. I can think of Yelina and even Rebecca Nevins off the top of my head, and both of those characters are still living. If tptb felt the need to give H a love interest, I'd much rather see them go with a character who was still alive that go the route of bringing one back from the dead again.

Your idea about the hospital faking her death on orders of the feds fails on one major point. A doctor didn't pronounce her dead, she was hooked up to multiple monitors which go by breathing/heartbeat/pulse and in theory could be made to give a false signal but within a short time period is nearly inpossible. Also Horatio has been a cop for a longtime wouldn't he know if she was actually dead or if it was faked since he was with her.

About those unrealistic plots on other TV shows were those shows supposed to be fantasy because then unralistic plots are acceptable.

If you recall, after Marisol was shot, Horatio was so busy trying to find the shooter that he didn't even have time to be with her at the hospital. In fact, he abandoned her in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Talk about unrealistic! As for him not knowing whether or not she was really dead, he didn't have time. He and Delko beat a path out of her hospital room to take the shooter out in the woods and terrorize him. So, if the writers can write something this unbelievable, they should have no trouble writing the character back into the show even if it means bringing her back from the dead.

Actually if you remember Horatio was with her before and when she died, which is the important part of my post. As a cop he would know if someone had truely died or not.

I thought we were discussing realistic plot lines. There really was never anything realistic about the Marisol story line to begin with. CSI Miami is not a "thinking man and/or thinking woman's" show. It's an hour long escape each week which is what appeals to me along with seeing David Caruso. Corny as they were, I enjoyed the Marisol episodes. I'd like to see the storyline given a second chance so it could develop more realistically. We are dealing in a lot of "ifs" here. Alana de la Garza may not want to come back and/or she may have other opportunities. I just thought it would be great to get a discussion going to see if anyone else shared my interest.

Re: Marisol Delko/Alana de la Garza - Bring Her Back

By the way, Alana de la Garza did not cut her hair on Law & Order. Look very closely--it's a wig.

Re: Marisol Delko/Alana de la Garza - Bring Her Back

She admitted to cutting her hair because she felt it would make her look more like an ADA with the shorter hair.

Here's a pic of her from last July at a film festival - see how much shorter it is versus the Marisol hair?

Alana de la Garza

Back