Mac Is TOO DAMN INSUFFERABLE!

I agree that Mac can be too righteous and sanctimonious at times. I've never thought of him as cocky though. That said most of the time I think he is justified or I can understand where he's coming from. He's my favourite character, but yes, at times he can be too sanctimonious. I think it is good that the writers show these flaws though (like in the Dobson storyline). I personally have never found him 'insufferable', though. But he has been wrong several times throughout the seasons, and I've never thought of him as being too perfect. Though I don't particularly like it when he gets too righteous, I don't think he's been too righteous this season, at least not unjustifiably so, and also I do like that he has been given such flaws. He's still my favourite character on the show. I guess because I see many more likeable and good things in his character that make me overlook his flaws. It's the same for Danny and for Stella - there are certain things I dislike about both but there are more things I like.
I think Gary does a good job of portraying Mac's flaws, particularly the righteous thing.
I agree too that he never seems to get pulled up on his behaviour when he does act that way, but it's the same with Lindsay and some of her behaviour, Stella's actions with the Greek coins thing, and Horatio on Miami.
I liked the softening of Mac this season, except for the Ella thing which was just odd.

Last edited:
Back