Mac #8: hot man on the radar

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by talkingtocactus, Dec 1, 2009.

?

mac #8: ???

1. hot man on the radar

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. we need more ACTION!

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. taylor girls attack on the locker room

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. the Big Apple's boss man

16 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. we are oatmeal people

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. what a man!

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  7. New York's hottest CSI

13 vote(s)
    17.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Thanks for the Turbukence pics, nel2h!:drool::drool::drool:

I ordered a club panini from the deli near my work today, unfortunately it didn't come with a side of Mac.;)

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i got given a side of mac'n'cheese on the house at a restaurant in chicago - i got all excited until i realised it was the other kind of mac and the other kind of cheesy.

3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Hmmm, it's been a bit quiet here of late, so thought I'd give the thread a *bump*.

Re-watched 'Enough' last night, great Mac episode. Love PissyMac shouting down the phone at Sinclair re Adam maybe being fired. What I like about the whole 'Adam' issue is that it shows how much Mac cares about his team - he's very emotional in that whole scene, first with the shouting, where it seems he might just lose control, and then a bit later, when Stella points out the DNA machines could get rapists etc off the street quicker, you can see Mac sort of catching his breath, reining in his emotions, with difficulty, and admitting she's right - he sort of nods and sighs, it's hard to describe really, but it seems very emotional, you can see that the idea of losing Adam makes Mac so angry he's almost out of breath. The scene also shows that, far from being SuperMac, he is just as vulnerable to 'the system' as anyone else. As Stella tells him, Sinclair could fire him if he wanted to. We see that too with the whole Maggie storyline, which also demonstrates that Mac can make mistakes and be wrong. He shouldn't really have promised Maggie she wouldn't have to testify, but I do think he genuinely believed the case would be tight enough that she wouldn't have to. And, God, he looked so horrified/guilty when he saw what those scumbag drug dealers had done to her face. That scene where he meets with her is a brilliant example of how Gary acts with his eyes/facial expression/voice rather than 'words'. Very subtle, yet very powerful. Poor Maggie, but poor Mac, too. I also love the scene where Danny and Flack are talking about what the scumbags did to Maggie, and Flack says if it was his sister they wouldn't find the bodies, then they ask Mac what he would do if it was his sister. He pauses for a few seconds, then says, 'I'd kill 'em'. It was a nice moment, showing that Mac is not quite as black and white in his views of justice as it's always made out that he is, that he does see gray areas on occasion. It's a nice bonding moment between him and Danny and Flack too.
    We also get, in this episode, a couple of lovely examples of the 'Gary Sinise smirk', first a little bit when Flack and Hawkes are making the Scoobie Doobie Doo jokes, and then later when he makes the joke about a thousand dead lawyers at the bottom of the sea being 'a good start' then asks the lawyer 'don't you like lawyer jokes':lol: I do like as well when Mac has these little verbal sparring matches with people, it's just fantastic.

Oh, and how could I forget the scene with Adam when Adam's rambling away in pure Adam fashion and Mac has this 'wtf' look on his face, but then he reassures Adam he won't let him be fired. Awwww.

So, yeah, great Mac episode that actually lets Gary play around with and show Mac's emotions, flaws and vulnerabilites.

4. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Pic time!

Mac and coffee, the perfect combination, especially when he's a bit rumpled-looking like this....
    [​IMG]

Sorry, I was going to post a couple more but my laptop is being a total *insert chosen swear word here*.

Pic is from csi caps. (I think. It's not mine anyway, I'm too lazy to do my own, thank god for the internet and non-lazy people who provide screencaps!)

5. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Ahh, what's better than that? :drool: heh I love pics of hot guys drinking coffee. Random I know

6. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

HELP!!! *thud* I absolutely love that picture I love everything in it...coffee...shirt opened so you can see white tee:drool::drool::drool::drool: and the man itself! :lol:

Thanks for posting it MacsLady :thumbsup:

Sorry that I havent post here awhile but blame the studies...:rolleyes: Just let you know that i havent forget our Mac, still watching pics everyday and talking about pics I think it is high time for me to post something also...;)

[​IMG]

"Taylor Girls, what are you up to now?"

"We are need you to relax more Taylor...let's start at the locker room..." :devil:

[​IMG]

"Things I do for you ladies..."

[​IMG]

"They didn't like the black undershirt...too bad it was my favourite."

[​IMG]

Hawkes: "There's something different in you Mac this morning.."

*sigh* "Don't mention it Hawkes...Taylor-Girls made a surprise visit on me last night, apparently they want me to dress some casually in the future...they can be really persuative..."

Just some fun....I hope you liked it! :D:guffaw::D

7. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Glad you like the pics, Sam. Hope you aren't getting too stressed with all your studies. I suggest regular breaks to enjoy a bit of Mac! Thanks for the amazing Mac pics :drool: :drool: :drool: Love the captions too!

8. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks MacsLady an Sam for the nice pics. Sam welcome back.:beer:

[​IMG]

9. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Yum, awesome Mac goodness. Pensive looks are my absolute faves :Sighs:

10. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I can assure you I'm not, since I'm rather on-off student. :lol: Sometimes I have a lot of work (like couple last weeks since I had an exam) and sometimes like now I don't "have to" do anything. I "should" write some esseys but right now I'm just doing some re-search and relax. I thought I would watch some Mac (Gary) now than I have time. :drool::drool::drool:

Indeed regular brakes with Mac sound veeery tempting, gotta remember that! :D

Glad you liked the pics and captions! :)

nel; thanks for the welcoming, it's good to be back! :D

Country233 Pensive looks of Mac are my favourites too! ;)

11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Have been watching some old episodes during my week off. I watched Sweet 16 and Some Buried Bones. I love the scenes in each where Mac talks about Claire (and the scene with Reed at the end of Sweet 16). They are examples of how though some people see Mac as cold, he really isn't, and of how Gary can convey so much without saying a word just through his eyes, voice and body language. Especially in the scene where Mac tells Reed Claire's body was never found, he conveys so much through his facial expression and eyes and voice. Just when he tells Reed that 'they're....we're still....looking' his shoulders even sag the tiniest little bit. He just looks so sad and lost every time he talks about Claire, especially with Reed. Oh, and in Sweet 16 when he tells Stella how much Reed reminds him of Claire. God, it just breaks your heart. It's those moments where you see Mac does have emotions and he's much more vulnerable than even he would like to admit. I think Gary's more subtle way of showing Mac's grief/emotions contrasts very nicely to say Carmine/Danny's or Melina/Stella's, who because they convey the characters' emotions in much more obvious way (nothing wrong with that as it fits with the characters.) are generally recognized as being the more emotional/vulnerable/compassionate characters on the show. Mac is all of those things too, you just don't see it as often or in quite so obvious a way, because Gary plays those aspects of Mac in such a wonderfully understated way. Mac is a pretty understated guy, after all. Not when he gets all Pissy/Kick-Ass of course, but generally, especially contrasted to characters like Danny and Stella, which of course makes for great dynamics between Mac and Danny and Stella.
    To go back to the compassion thing, Mac can be rather harsh and black and white in certain cases, but he can also be compassionate, whether it's letting that woman from 'Greater Good' go, or in moments like the one at the end of Supply and Demand when he helps the kid's father carry his stuff out to the car, or in Here's To You Mrs Azrael when he takes such care removing the bandages etc from the dead girl.

Hmm, okay, enough words now, it's picture time!!!
    [​IMG]
    Damn, the man even looks good in overalls!:drool: (from And Here's To You Mrs Azrael)

[​IMG]
    Just....nice. (From Sweet 16)

[​IMG]
    A bit of miserable/gloomy/broody Mac from Blink. I miss that Mac sometimes.

None of these pics are mine. Mostly from CSI Caps or pastmyshoulder, I think.

12. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I agree with everything you said. :) And thanks for the pics. ;)

I like to watch older episodes also. The latest must have been season 2.
    I remember Sweet 16 and some buried bones very well. I like both episodes myself. I think also that Mac is not cold, no way maybe a little distant and reserved but not cold. Indeed like you mentioned Gary acts so much without words. That's one of the main things why he's by favourite actor actually. :)

Yeah Mac's character can be sometimes a bit black and while when it comes to certain things but I always think don't we all...? That makes him human! :lol: I think also that he's not harsh he just wants to do the right thing no matter what. And he really cares his co-worker like we have seen many times. Even that he lectures Adam he means well. He's definitely the father figure to his team. :)

I could talk about this whole day but I think I should get something else done. So I brought some pics. :)

[​IMG]

I just couldn't help myself with this. It's my favourite scene and gotta admit I'm little....jealous to Stella! :lol:

[​IMG]

Check out those arms! I like also his expression! :D "Go for a walk?" :vulcan:

[​IMG]

Now there's a good example how he talks with his eyes...:adore:

[​IMG]

and last Marine Mac!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool:

13. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Nice pics, Sam. The first and last are my favourites.
    I agree that Mac really does care about his co workers, his team especially but we have also seen him reach out to Gerrard when his daughter was involved in a case and Sinclair when Sinclair confided that his wife left him, even though he had clashed with them both in the past.

14. RanMa

RanMa CSI Level Two

!

Greetings from an oldie ;)

I have been seriously remiss in giving Mac/Gary my attention for the past year *hangsheadinshame* I am, however, rectifying this oversight the past week and have just finished The Formula. I am loving S6 so far because of all the Mac goodness spread around :bolian:

It is in this connection that I would like to ask if anyone has the caps for THE scene (yep, Mac in that black driver-thingie overalls). My wifi sucks so I don't have the time to go through all the past pages and besides, not all pics would load for me :(

So, yeah. Caps if you please? :) TIA!

15. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Here you go, RanMa, Jade Nolan posted this a while back. Hope you enjoy.
    Welcome back, btw! Glad you are enjoying s6. There's a lot of Mac goodness. I had been neglecting Mac until quite recently too (since s6 finished in the UK in June) but a couple of months ago I started rewatching s5 - I like to watch an ep every Friday night. I've had this whole week off work and have been watching an episode or two from s1-4 every afternoon too, the perfect way to spend a chilly afternoon at home. Lots of Mac goodness. Talking about Mac goodness, I watched 'Rain' again today. s1 Mac.....hot!!!!!
    Here are some pics (caps aren't mine):

[​IMG]
    Such a gentleman!

[​IMG]
    Nice. Love the way he says 'come on, bullet!' when he's trying to get it out of the wall.

[​IMG]
    Mmmm, Scientist Mac.

[​IMG]
    Also nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.