Mac #8: hot man on the radar

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by talkingtocactus, Dec 1, 2009.

?

mac #8: ???

1. hot man on the radar

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. we need more ACTION!

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. taylor girls attack on the locker room

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. the Big Apple's boss man

16 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. we are oatmeal people

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  6. what a man!

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  7. New York's hottest CSI

13 vote(s)
    17.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ what she said :D

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I hope this is the correct spot to post this some Gary Sinise news~

GARY SINISE has played Detective Mac Taylor on CSI:NY since 2004. He was nominated for an Oscar for his role in 1994's "Forest Gump"~

WHAT I'M UP TO

Where's he's surfing Well, I just became a Twitter man @garysinise! I notify people what I'm up to with my rock band, the Lt. Dan Band [named after his character in "Forest Gump". All these other friends are Twittering away. My buddy Tom Hanks..he's a Twitter nut!

WHAT HE'S WATCHING

"I don't watch a lot of TV, because I'm so busy making it all the time. But when I do, I'm kind of a History Channel guy"~

WHAT HE'S LISTENING TO

"My new favorite band is the Zac Brown Band, I know some of the generals in Fort Hood, Texas, and after the shooting tragedy last year, I set up a big concert down there to help them out. Zac Brown played, and my band opened for them, so I got to see them live. I just went nuts for them"~

WHAT HE'S READING

"The Night Stalkers", by Michael Durant. It's about an elite Special Forces aviation unit that was started back in the 1970's, right around the time of the Iranian hostage crisis. Durant is the pilot who was shot down and then rescued in "Black Hawk Down"~

IF HE RULED THE WORLD, HE WOULD
    "Human beings will continue to want to take each othere's stuff. That's just what human beings do. They're never satisfied with what they've got. You can live in the real world or the ideal world. The real world is where people can't get along. And the ideal world is where you wish everybody could. So you just keep trying to do better"

WHAT HE'S PLUGGING

CSI:NY is moving from Wednesday to Friday nights. Also Operation International Children.. We send school supplies to the troops so they can give them out to the kids in the countries they're serving in"

LIFE AND WORK "Take one day at a time, but think down the road"

READERS DIGEST..September 2010~

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

ooh thanks for posting!!!! although maybe the gary thread might be more apt, but hey, whatever :D

he tweeted @me a couple of weeks ago - the day i saw the lt dan band at cantigny park, saying he hoped i enjoyed the gig (well, duh!) and wondering where i got my profile pic from (because it's a pic of him from 1978). needless to say i nearly died. it was wonderful :D
    he did one of their songs at cantigny :D

yep, i think that makes sense :)

4. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

I'm not a Twitter, yet. :rolleyes: But who knows, I could be in the future. :lol:

Anyways, the new commercial for the show is out. :p

Fall's promo

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

you should, it's fun, especially when he posts pics of himself in between jogging on set *dribble*

6. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

^Given that Gary said he's a 'History Channel guy' I reckon Mac's interest in history is not just a very fitting part of the character, but part of Gary too that he's been able to incorporate into Mac.
    BTW, love that he said he's a History Channel guy!
    That book he's reading sounds like something you might find on Mac's bedside table. Not that I'd be paying any attention to what was on his bedside table if I was in Mac's bedroom.:devil: And now we're in the gutter....again.

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ agreed, and especially military/ww2 history. have you seen WW2 in HD? it's really very good. i like it too, btw, i really like the history channel (although i sometimes wish they'd stop overexplaining stuff - they use mallets in the same way csi:ny does, and although i understand why they do it, it's still annoying!).

haha yes it did didn't it?? and er... no comment on that last bit ;) :devil:

8. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

In his bedroom I would also not look what lies on bedside table. Ha-ha!

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Did someone mention history and mac (gary) together?!!? I love both of them!!! I study history myself, or starting to study to be exact. ;) I've always liked that both actor and character are quite the same (course there's differences but still) Like history, military and music are that kind of things! :D

Him being history chanel guy made my heart nearly melt! Actually me and my friend both like history and she was with me when I first read the answer and soon we both we saying: "owwww!!!!!" :adore::adore::adore:

I think also that I wouldn't pay much attention to the books in his bedroom especially if he would be there! :devil::devil::devil:

Lisa, I know what you mean about overexplaining. I don't usually watch historic documentaries that often cause they are so "overexplained" or otherwise the thing as something I've read already...:rolleyes:

Course there's something that I "don't know" but sometimes I feel like saying to the speaker in TV "Ou come on...everybody knows THAT!" :lol:

nel thanks for the pics...ummm Mac in bed. Now there's thought...:devil::devil::devil::devil: Again those arms are making my mind all fuzzy! :lol::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Ups almost forgot! My friend JOOOOLSSS!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Nice to see you again! You always hide awhile and then pop up. :D Though I might do the same LOL! :guffaw:You should defnitely take a Twitter account, you'll be much closer to Gary also! ;)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

same - i don't study history officially any more but my degree was in it and i still love it :)

yep. the worst ones are when they feel they have to explain who hitler was - i mean what planet do you have to be living on to *not* know?! but then again, mac had to explain what hitler youth was - to a nazi - which is just as bad!

11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

^That was bad. Luckily Mac is hot enough that I'll forgive him his mallet moments. In fairness, I think all the characters have their mallet moments, like when that guy got run over by a bus and Stella said 'he's dead'.:lol: I'm especially forgiving of Mac, though.;)

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ hehe, me too, mac is definitely the most forgiveable ;)

13. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Have you forgotten our beloved Mac?

Season 7 :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
    [​IMG]

:guffaw::devil::guffaw::devil::guffaw::devil:
    [​IMG]

14. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

We would never forget Mac! That said, thanks for the lovely 'memory aids'.;):drool:

15. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Sorry Love, I've been under cover for a while with the other Marine and Mac would shoot me for that :devil::devil: Haven't forgotten him though. :p
    Promise to be back when the new season starts. Life's just a bit like a silly circus these days. Twitter, Hyves and so on... No time at the mo... :( Between starting a new business and moderating a new fan site. I'm just lucky to get in here once a while. Doesn't mean I don't bring piccies though... :drool::drool::drool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No comments i'd say, but I can't resist this one. :alienblush: Mac, pulease don't become a second Horatio... :p *Crawls back to her busy life. See ya around... *

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.