Love History?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by addictedtoSpeed, May 27, 2008.

1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Anyone here who loves history? I was a history major and I love talking about history. My area is mostly Ancient Rome but I'll talk about anything. What's your favorite part of history?

2. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Awesome! I am a history major who loves ancient civilizations! Mostly Greek and Roman too! But I also have a thing for WWII :p

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Excellent! What college do you attend? I have a thing for WWII also. I love FDR. What a great man.

4. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

I go to Gonzaga University, in lovely old Spokane, Washington. How about you?

In eighth grade I actually wrote my very first research paper on D-Day which was what was the story of a love relationship with history. :D

BTW, you can just call me Meg.

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Hi Meg! You can call me Kristine! I went to Mount Union College in Alliance, Ohio.

My love of history started back in fifth grade while studying the Civil War then going on a trip to Gettysburg. My history teacher back then, Mr. Lorello, used to stand on his chair and re-enact things like speeches and so on. :)

6. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Well I'm still in high school, but I love history, especially Irish history (seeing as I'm from Northern Ireland), but my favourite period which I've studied is WWII and The Cold War. I'm hoping to go on and major at History at university, I have one more year left at school and then off to Uni...

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

That's great! I think WWII was probably the most interesting. I was little while the Cold War was still going on.

8. Stepherweps

:lol: The Cold War finished before I was born, :lol: I feel so young... My love for history like yours Kristine, came from having a fantastic history teacher, in my 2nd year at high school (our school system is different, so I was abouit 12/13 then), Ms Murphy, she made the subject alot of fun, and used to put on all the characters accents when she was talking, she had a bit of a soft spot for JFK when we studied the Cold War, I loved her accent for him... :lol:

9. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

I'm a history major and currently pursuing my M.A. degree in Modern History in Germany.
    My scientific fields of interest are history of antisemitism (before 1933) and history of science and technology.
    But of course, I attend classes on WWII and the second half of the 20th century as well.

It's kind of funny: I'm in the first generation of Germans who have no conscious memory of the Berlin Wall (I was four when it came down) and the split of Germany and sometimes our teachers are baffled by that (and reminded how old they are :lol:).

10. Stepherweps

Aww wow, that sounds really interesting SeaHawk, I can't wait to go on to study Modern History, I wanna study some Irish history aswell, but I'm hoping to do some module in World War 2 and The Cold War, I find the topic extremely interesting.

11. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

I studied it for one semester but I found it boring as hell.

12. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I loved history at GCSE but never went any further.
    Our teacher put us off by saying we were gonna have to study the Russian Revolution and said it was boring so i never took it.

I used to love WWII found it really interesting. Loved Cold War and stuff like that The Cuban Missile Crisis for ages i could remember all the dates and events because it was in our exam.

Tho my favourite was we got to study Jack The Ripper and it was sooo interesting and pretty messed up.

Never really took it any further just finishing Uni after doing a computing based degree.

13. Stepherweps

Although my favourite period is 20th century history, we are currently studying 19th century Europe, I am actually enjoying it more than I was expecting to, my favourite character that we have studied was Charles X of France, I found here period as King very interesting.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Too cool! History teachers can either be really great or really, really boring!

15. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

LOL!

*Sorry for the double post, I screwed up!*

Last edited: May 27, 2008