Lindseys secret!!??

^ That is true. Our minds seem to work in mysterious ways sometimes. Memories of terrible events that have happened in the past can be surpressed for a very long time. People seem to be doing absolutely fine and don't seem to suffer from whatever happened to them anymore. And then suddenly something happens that makes all those memories resurface.

And since that 'trigger' is very often a combination of a lot of factors at first people don't even know what is happening to them.

I still think that it seems odd that this stuff all comes up now -- the victims in Silent Night weren't unique. How many teenage girls have died in this series? I understand what you're trying to say about the trigger, but in this case, nothing seems different enough about these cases to suddenly be a trigger.

But maybe when we know more I'll understand it better. I just don't think that they're doing Anna justice, or giving her much to work with here in this particular storyline. And that's too bad, she can really shine given even half the chance.

Don't get me wrong, detectdevotion. I agree that Anna can shine. I love her creative abilities and was following her career even before she became a regular on NY.

Sometimes I wonder if they have the actors or the writers talk to psychiatrists or psychologists when fleshing out the storylines. If the writers go from A to D with minimal detail, the actor can only produce a product based on what they're given or what's in their personal history. That's not doing the actor any favors.

Well I've seen a couple of people ask "why now and not before?" and my theory is that perhaps now it's the anniversary of when it happened? That would probably cause it to be on her mind a lot.

As for the choosing of that job, the crime may have been what got her into it, so she can catch the people who do to others what was done to her and her friends.

Re: The why did they hire her with that background, I could be wrong but I think sometimes when the stuff involves minors then the case it sealed or something like that. Maybe that's only when a minor commits the crime but I recall something about how some court docs can be sealed so no one finds out about it.

Oooh, what if she's part of some witness protection thing which is why she never talked to anyone about it? That's kind of out there but it's a theory.

CBS says that Lindsay has a dark secret that motivated her to become a CSI in the first place...

but if it so, why she wasn't freaking out when she saw dead teenagers in Manhattan Manhunt?
So that means she didn't have a problem with it then and maybe in the 3rd season, something triggered her to rekindle those fears again because in season 2, she seemed to deal with them a bit better.

So that means she didn't have a problem with it then and maybe in the 3rd season, something triggered her to rekindle those fears again because in season 2, she seemed to deal with them a bit better.

Or more than likely TPTB hadn't figured out the details of her 'secret' last season.

Re-watching, I don't think it was the fact of the dead teenage girl that triggered everything. I think it was more the mom trying to run back inside to see her daughter.

Ceindreadh said:

Or more than likely TPTB hadn't figured out the details of her 'secret' last season.

Biiiingo. :) Though I wish they'd worked a little harder to make it fit, because the "Manhattan Manhunt" case seemed much closer to her situation than anything since. As others have said, the whole thing is pretty cliche.

I think that maybe she received a call on that particular day she stood Danny up and that call triggered everything.

Maybe there was some new info on her case or some event had recently happened that she had to made aware of.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Just my opinion!

Cliche or not it's still devestating. How many thigs can TPTB do to make it realistic and not too over the top? Personally I think it's a pretty good stroy line. A little cliche, yes but believable. That's why I think it's good. Now if we could get a little more of the storyyyy... :eek:

Radical618 said:
Cliche or not it's still devestating. How many thigs can TPTB do to make it realistic and not too over the top? Personally I think it's a pretty good stroy line. A little cliche, yes but believable. That's why I think it's good. Now if we could get a little more of the storyyyy... :eek:

How could they have made it realistic and believable? Having it come out during a case that made sense--"Manhattan Manhunt"--and not seemingly out of the blue. Not having her go on and on about her Issues in multiple episodes while refusing to talk about them. And Anna's acting improving, basically--but they should have realized there were problems with that last season and let the storyline fade away when it was evident she couldn't handle the dramatic scenes.

Maybe the reason she wasn't allowed to work on the case in "Manhattan Manhunt" was because Mac knows her secret and thought it would trigger too many memories.

(Or TPTB forgot they had that bloody secret when they wrote the episode.)

I thought they'd forgotten, too, but I rewatched it and in that episode she mentioned to Danny about having seen a lot of blood -- more than at the scene in "Manhattan Manhunt." So obviously they were building up for it even way back then ( it was what, her third episode? ), and for some reason it's only now that she's having trouble.

But I still don't understand -- what is so different between two dead girls on two unrelated cases? Why would that bother her more than three dead girls and two dead boys from the "Manhattan Manhunt" case?

I think it would bother her because of when the murders occured. Lindsay went undercover in Not What It Looks Like, and that probably caused horrible memories to resurface, and every single young girls case from then on "got to her". It wouldn't have bothered her back in Manhattan Manhunt because maybe she thought she "put all the past behind her".

Correct me if i'm wrong, but did the team not show up at the crime scene in Manhattan Manhunt after the bodies had been taken by the ME office. So, she would not have seen the actual teenager, just all the blood.

I seem to remember Flack telling Mac that they were done downstairs and coming up to get Alexa. Not sure if she was in the autopsy room at all though.

I also think that something might be happening regarding the case that has brought up these feelings/memories again. That would explain why she blew danny off for lunch (someone else mentioned this in an earlier post)

I have a feeling that when Hawkes and her arrived at the scene it is possible that it was very similar to what she experienced. A neighbourhood that was very well maintained and a mother freaking out, assuming that this incident from her past happened at a home (just one of my many theories)

Back