LIMS Round 3:The Ultimate Test of Creativity-LIMS Winner Up!

Re: LIMS Round 3: The Ultimate Test of Creativity

Bullet_Girl said:
these are gorgeous pics! I am gonna snag them for future projects ;)

EDIT: So I guess "Overlays" are prohibited aswell?

Overlay layers as fine as long as they don't have colors ;) Overlay patterns and etc are fine :)

Happy birthday Lauw! :D I think everyone's happy they can use brushes again :lol: :p

Dardeile said:
I'll always love you for this theme :D

How did I know you were going to say that?? :lol: :p ;)

Good luck all! :D

Have snagged pretty Marg pics and will attempt my icon... later! Gah! It's 9pm already! *runs off to watch CSI*

Well....All my program has is colour layers. Damn. :lol: Ooh it's going to be hard this time, but I'm up for the challenge. :D I can't wait to get started! Great choice of pictures quoth!

cinegirl said:
letsdance said:
I think I'll join this one :)

Aw, letsdance, unfortunately you can't jump in this challenge, cause that's a special one.
It's the spirit of the LIMS - LIMS means: Last Icon Maker Standing.
We started with 23 competitors (you can see the list on the first page) and during each round two icon makers will be voted off, so in every round there will be less and less competitors until the last one is filtered out.
Hope this wasn't too confusing, feel free to ask further questions ;)

Oh, and Lauw: Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good one! :)

Yea, I just realized that *headdesk*

But I guess I can sit from the sidelines :D :D

can we use like a curves and levels layers?
and happy birthday Lauw!

fo_poozle said:
can we use like a curves and levels layers?

Layers no, but selective coloring such as adjusting the levels and curves are just fine. You just can't add them onto the icon as new layers like adding a color burn layer ;)

OK, I'm now finding myself little confused? :confused: I think the origin of the confusion is the use of the term 'layer'... when technically all the changes you make to the image will be on different layers.

My understanding of what quoth is saying is that we can't add a raster layer, fill it with a colour and then change the blend mode (for example, usual light blue colour burn and dark blue exclusion layers commonly used - or any raster layer that you then fill with a colour).

All other layers (adjustment layers like levels, curves etc) are fine. As is adding coloured textures etc to your image...

I hope this is correct, or I need to go and have a rethink about my icon? :)

Elsie said:
My understanding of what quoth is saying is that we can't add a raster layer, fill it with a colour and then change the blend mode (for example, usual light blue colour burn and dark blue exclusion layers commonly used - or any raster layer that you then fill with a colour).

All other layers (adjustment layers like levels, curves etc) are fine. As is adding coloured textures etc to your image...

Yup, exactly! Sorry for the confusion, Laura ;) But you've got it :)

Can't wait to see what you all come up with. Happy birthday Lauw, have a great one! :D
Sorry if I wasn't supposed to post in here.

I tried to make one last night, damn it was hard! I had no clue how much I depend on color layers when I make an icon.
:D

Loving the new one!

Sorry to see you go, csimonkey & Still_RIP_Speed. Your icons were fab. And congrats Gem!

I've sent mine in. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's entries! :)

same here, cuz personally i had a hell of a time trying to get mine to look decent ha

Back