LIMS #4 - The Ultimate Test of Creativity - Final Results Up

Re: LIMS #4 - The Ultimate Test of Creativity

What? Now you have a picture of Sofia? After I'm gone? How unfair! But I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :)

Say, Chloe, have you ever thought about doing a comeback round? *Whistles innocently*

i had some time on my hands this weekend so i already sent my entry in.
can't wait to see what the others came up with.

I also sent mine in. Can't wait to see the other entries!

Thank you to everybody who's sent me their entries so far. For those of you who have not yet given them to me, please get them in. The deadline is in less than 48 hours and I've got an alarmingly low number of entries.

Okie-dokie, guys...we're getting dangerously close to the deadline here, and I'm still short a shocking number of entries. It would really suck to eliminate like...six people simply because you didn't enter. Please get them in or use your free pass, or you will be eliminated.

No more entries, guys...deadline is long since over. Voting will be up later today.

Hey everybody. :) Sorry about the delay, I'm just having a moment of my usual brilliance, and have successfully deleted exactly four PMs from this round of the competition. Right now, I'm in the process of figuring out whose they are...if I could ask a big favour from the following people:

+ quoth_the_raven
+ fo_poozle
+ Macayla
+ roximonoxide

If you'd all be so kind as to resend your entries (or PM me and let me know whether you entered at all) to me, that'd be great. Please do so as soon as possible. And also, if you didn't enter the first time around and try to sneak one in this time, I will catch you, because I have that much figured out. ;)

Thanks for your patience and your cooperation. :)

Terribly sorry for the wait, everybody. :) It seems that I have the tendency to hit the "Delete" button at inopportune times.

Challenge #3 - No Decorations- VOTING

+Vote for the TOP 3 of least quality. Include a valid reason for each vote, otherwise it won't be counted.
+ANY member of this board may vote.
+The makers of the two icons with the highest number of votes will be eliminated from the challenge.
+When voting, keep in mind that these icons were made without the use of pretty decorations such as brushes, text, and solar flares (and the like).

Examples of good reasons (courtesy of Ann):
50: The text is oddly placed
68: The colouring is overpowering
72: The icon is oversharpened
56: The icon is too blurry

Examples of bad reasons:
51: I hate the colour pink. (Personal Preference)
78: The tiny text/decorative brush is unreadable. (Because they’re supposed to be that way.)

The following participants are using their free passes for this round:
+ EricaSJ
+ speed_cochrane
+ Hormiga

Since roximonoxide and ILuvJonathanTogo did not enter an icon this round and have already used their free passes, they have been automatically eliminated from LIMS #4.

Sadly, we must also say goodbye to dstined4gr8ness, who, as a consequence of a severe lack of PSP, can no longer participate in icon-making. :( Thank you for participating in LIMS #4, and we all hope to see you back for the next one!

LIMS_03_01.png
LIMS_03_02.jpg
LIMS_03_03.png
LIMS_03_04.jpg
LIMS_03_05.png
LIMS_03_06.jpg
LIMS_03_07.jpg
LIMS_03_08.jpg
LIMS_03_09.png

Good luck everybody!

Important!: PM me, 4ENSIX, immediately if you don't see your icon!

So difficult to choose!

05-- The colors are a little washed-out and it's very distorted around Catherine's neck, making her look a little wrinkled :p
02-- Catherine is too pink and reddish around her face, and slightly blue.
06-- Unfavorable crop. It takes away a lot from the icon, because Flack is so far in the corner. It also looks a bit dark around his face.

Great job everyone! Thanks to Chloe for getting them up :) And farewell roximonoxide, ILuvJonathanTogo and dstined4gr8ness! It was great to have you in the round :)

Ooh, this is SO hard.

07. Maybe this is a personal preference and it shouldn't be counted, but the middle crop seems so unartistic to me. Maybe I'm just crazy, too. :lol: I can also see the 'CTV' mark, but that might just be picky.
05. I can't place my finger on it. It's a little overshaprened in some places, the colors are a little extreme, and it's a little blurry in others.
06. I love the icon coloring-wise, but the crop only gives us half of Flack's lovely face. :D

Great job everyone!

Don't worry about the CTV mark - that was in the original and it's not the icon-maker's responsibility to get rid of. :)

06: Cropping is odd--Deviating the focus from the icon's subject. Too much open space takes away from the icon's quality.
07: The cropping in this case is too focused in the center of the icon, which detracts from overall quality as well. It makes the icon seem bland with a lack of artistic placement, if that makes sense, lol.
05: Oversharpened which gives the icon's subject a grainy and lowered quality which I'm not sure was the artist's intention.

Everyone did a fantastic job however. :) It was hard to choose.

07: I remember there's this tip for photography...try not to put the subject in the middle of your photo. I think sometimes it applies to icons as well. When your subject is big and you place it in the middle, it looks just sort of...plain. LOL sorry for the lack of a better word. :lol:

05: Oversharpened.

06: I actually like the cropping. What bothers me is that the subject (Flack/Eddie) is too dark compared to the light background. I think that's what drives the focus away.

06: The crop is okay, but it leaves too much empty space. Also, Flack is too much in the shadows.

01: Oversharpened in some places

05: Oversharpened, and the area around her neck seems distorted somehow

Back