just curious

Wolverine_Eagle

Prime Suspect
i tried looking for a thread that could answer this, so i am just going to ask... what are the ages of the characters? i get confused sometimes :scream:

I'm not sure is there any "accurate" ages but here's what I've learned to know!

Mac: about 45

Stella: about 35

Don: -"- 30-32

Danny: -"- 30-32

Lindsay: about same as Danny

Hawkes: 30-35

Sid: uuh...plus 50???

Adam: under 30

Like I said these are how "I" thought. :D I'd like to know what other think though... :)

I think Danny is actually supposed to be a little older, since Lindsay made a crack about his 30th birthday party in season two. So that would put him at 34 now.

Lindsay was apparently 24 in season three according to the "Sleight Out of Hand" timeline, which would make her 27 now. I kind of doubt she's actually supposed to be 27... I think that timeline was just wonky.

I think "Grounds for Deception" put Stella at 34 last season, and yeah, IIRC Mac is mid-40s. IMO, except for Danny, none of those ages feel very realistic. ;)

We don't have any concrete age info on Flack, Hawkes, Sid and Adam, but Sam222's guesses sound good to me.

Thanks Top41!

I figured as much Danny's to be older. Lindsay instead...wow...I'd have never thought! Thanks for the info!

Yeah..I just "thought" those ages, and hoped would be okey. :lol:

It's true that often when you watch'em you easily think characters ages based actors ages. ( I did that at first!:rolleyes:) And as we can see they aren't always the same. ;)

I think Mac's age was established to be 44 years old in s4 ("The Thing About Heroes," so I guess he'd be approaching 46 now.

Like Top41 said, Stella was 34 during "Grounds for Deception," so she should be about 35 years old now.

I vaguely recall a reference in the early seasons to how long Danny had been working as a CSI, which might help narrow down his age. (Wasn't he recruited by Mac out of the police academy?)

In my CSI:NY world, Mac is 48 years old, Stella is 38/39, Flack 34/35, Danny 32/33, Lindsay 29/30, Hawkes 35-ish, Adam 28, and Sid 50-ish.

As far as the show's timeline, I'm assuming they are current now with real time, especially if episode 6.03 supposedly took place in October. And since Lucy was already ten months old then, I guess she'll be a year old in December (which would mean "The Greater Good" took place almost a year ago in real time).

hmmm I always felt like Don was suppose to be in his early 30s, maybe even younger than Danny.....I don't know, I just always felt like Don is younger comparing to Danny......

I felt like the ages of the team is Sid being the oldest, then Mac, Stella, Hawkes, Danny, Don, Lindsay, and Adam.

I always thought (unless stated) that the characters were around the actors ages. So that would make Don younger than Danny since Eddie is younger than Carmine, but thats just me.

I've always thought of Flack as older than Danny because of how protective he is of Danny.

I see Flack as older too, mostly because of his position. Which I think it's safe to say he's had for quite some time, since he has his own "boys" among the police officers, and usually seems to be in charge of most of the SWAT operations. Also because the other homicide detectives in the rest of the CSI franchise (except for Angell, who I'll get back to) seem to be in their early 40s at least. Not that I think Flack's anywhere close to 40 :lol:, but I can't see him really commanding the respect of the men he does if he was half their age. At the very least, I think he might be the same age as Danny.

Angell, the only concrete age I'm sure of (said Dunbrook's newspaper in "Pay Up"), was 28 and still a homicide detective. But then, it was implied in "People With Money" that she had just finished being a trainee, so I don't think she was at Flack's level yet.

I'm finding it a little hard to believe Lindsay was supposed to be 24 in Season 3. That'd make her 23 in Season 2. And every biography I've ever seen on Lindsay says that she worked for three years as a CSI in Bozeman before moving to New York. Which would make her 19/20 when she started out as a CSI, which therefore means she was working on her forensic science degree before she'd've even gotten halfway through high school...yeah it goes on. Are we sure the diner incident happened when she was fourteen? (I've been under the impression recently that she was at least sixteen, maybe seventeen.) I've learned that TPTB mess with the timelines like whoa, but this seems huge even for them.

Hawkes' and Adam's ages seem to make sense, for the most part; I've aired my thoughts about Stella being 34 before, but Mac being 45...it may be a little off, but that doesn't seem like too huge a leap. Unless there's a reason 45 doesn't make much sense?

hmm, interesting thread. never really thought about the ages before. I dunno why but I've always imagined Adam a bit older, but that's maybe because AJ is older and I'm getting all transfer-y.

The Lindsay age thing always bugged me, she did seem far older than she was stated to be, but maybe an experience like that in your youth makes you more mature.

I've always thought of Flack as older than Danny because of how protective he is of Danny.

That could be true, but in my family i'm the youngest but i have taken care of and protected my older sister since i was little. Just casue Flack is more protective of Danny doesnt aotumatically make him older, that could just be his personality, i mean he did become a cop so, he could just be one of those people that love to protect and help people, esp. Danny. and lets face it Danny needs someone watching his back, he always seems to attract trouble.

since Angell was 28, 29 when she died, i'm thinking that Flack is 30, 31, 'cause they look like they are at the same age. :]

Mac was 44 in The Thing About Heroes, so that makes him 46, right?

I'm not sure about Stella, but 33 seems right.

Adam... I guess he's 27 or something? It sure does look like that. : D

Sid is probably in his late fifties XD

Sheldon looks like he's 35, so I'm gonna go for that.

Lindsay and Danny are probably around 34. And Lucy? Seriously, no idea. She could be everything from 4 months to 12 years old! :guffaw:

Haylen looks like she's about Adams age.

THIS TEXT IS NOT NECESSARILY TRUE :lol:

Stella is only 34 to 35? :confused: I've been thinking that Stella would be in Mac's age because she is professionally confident which doesn't seem so natural in one's thirties. Stella and Mac look equal to me, ever since season 1, and it would be difficult if you were 10 years younger than your colleague.

And I feel Stella's overall attitude fits more into the early forties. :lol:

Interesting read your comments guys. :bolian:

I agree that Mac is about 46. I counted that from the "The Thing About Heroes". I think that's quite accurate... :D

Stella...hmm...about the colleague...10 years it's okey in my mind. :) Stella respects Mac but she still is really independed and gives back at him she needs to. :lol: I think it's easier when you're younger...you can make a fun at him easier... :guffaw:

Hawkes...I started to think he would the 33-36. Somehow I feel that he is too mature to be 30... I dunno is it only me or... :rolleyes:

Don...He seems to be older than Danny (unlike Carmine and Eddie). But not much...maybe couple years tops...how's 33??? :confused:

Sid...yeah...definitely in his late fifties..Stylish grayish hair etc... :D

Adam and Heylen seems to be about same aged...Maybe Haylen is about 24 or 25 and Adam about 27 ;)

I'd go for Lindsay around 30...somehow...:confused:

And Danny...I'd stick to 32 :lol:

Back