Just a moment- E/C story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by adorelo, Oct 3, 2007.

1. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

First posting on this site, I'm usually and fanfiction.net haha.

Summary: Just a moment, inside busy lives, to remember times less complex. Thanks to Irony82, again, for fixing all my boo-boo’s. Love to you doll.

“Calleigh?” you asked, peering into the blood-spattered bathroom, pausing to see the path she had created before you walk in.

“Yeah?”

“Look, I’m, err, sorry to ask but…can I, err?” you stammer, finding it curiously difficult to speak in full sentences.

“Can you what?” she responds and you can tell she’s concerned. You don’t normally stammer.

“Can I stay at your place tonight? I’m sorry. The water’s off in my building and, err, they can’t get anyone in until tomorrow evening. I’d ask, err, Wolf, but, err…what?” you pause, seeing the amusement grace her features.

“Just always tickles me when you start chattering like that.” She smiled and your stomach does that strange flip-flop thing again.
    You watch as the amusement fades from her green eyes and she flashes you a nervous smile before turning back to examine the wall. Watching her work, you are momentarily struck by her beauty. From the top of her blond head right down to her tiny feet, the woman in front of you radiates warmth and compassion. Sensual is the word you normally use.

“Eric,” she interrupts your thoughts, “Look at this plug socket.” You follow her pointed finger to look at the wall.

“Yeah, it’s loose.” You hand her the screwdriver before she has a chance to ask, stepping close behind her. Once again, you notice the height difference. She’s so tiny; not that you would tell her that. She’d kill you, but you feel the fierce wave of protectiveness anyway.
    You watch as her deft fingers open the socket with a surgeon’s precision and reach in to pull out a small, blood-coated blade.

“Bingo.” You murmur, smiling as you see her full lips purse into a thoughtful pout.

“Yeah, I’ll get this back to the lab.” She replies to your comment, slipping the blade into an evidence bag and writing on the label. You pause again, wondering if she is going to answer your earlier request or simply ignore it until you go away.

“So, err,” you decide to push again, your hope rising as you see her mouth curl up in amusement at your discomfort.

“On the couch….” She starts, and the words from a distant time come floating back causing her to smile fully this time.

“…no midnight tiptoe?” you finish, joining her in the memory.

“Oh, you know me so well.” You hear her call over her shoulder as she exits the scene to return to the lab.
    The reminiscing bringing a feeling of nostalgia right to your heart, a sadness of the loss of a less complex time. ‘Yeah, I do.’ you think to yourself, as you retreat down the same path she took.

End.

Please let me know what you think

xxxx