Jorja Fox Involved In New Salary Dispute

Ceindreadh said:
Salaries are a way of keeping score. And to be earning 'only' 100 or 200K per episode after 7 years, when other actors on other shows are earning more after less time, that's not going to be very pleasing for an actor.

Maybe not but a lot of it has to do with the network. Although I think it's wrong that "The King of Queen" actors - a CBS show, make far more than most of the cast of CSI and that show has never been #1. For whatever reason, CSI is the "A" team that doesn't get treated like the "A" team when it comes to ongoing perks.

*Sigh* I wasn't talking about Jorga Fox in particular. If you read my other posts you'd know that I was just talking about celebs in general who complain about how much they get paid, and there are people who do that.

And yes, I knew that my chosen profession pays peanuts before going into it and yes I could have chosen something else. But if I'm going to be working till I'm 70 I figured I may as well do it in something that I enjoy, regardless of how much it pays. I went for job satisfaction over money.

I agree with you to a point, but I'm not totally convinced. Obviously we don't know how much of it is true. We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

ok im gona say 1 thing first, i luv Sara and dont want her 2 get killed off, but if u make 100k+ per episode, do u really need a raise?

Yeah, you have a point. I'd be happy to make that in a year, but per episode? It may not be 14 mil but it is still a lot that can keep you living well. ;)

nuttynickyxx said:
ok im gona say 1 thing first, i luv Sara and dont want her 2 get killed off, but if u make 100k+ per episode, do u really need a raise?

No but you would be an idiot not to ask especially if your peers are making more than you. There is what you need and what is equal and fair.

All I can say is is that if Sara Sidle were to be killed off, I'm going to activate the gravity drive on the Event Horizon and send Sara, and the CSI show plunging into a gateway into Neptune just like what happened at the end of "Event Horizon".

Just sticking my head in for a while.

If CSI kills Sara, I think CSI may loose some of iis regular wievers. Maybe not because killing the GSR-relationship or the charcther itself. I think it is purely an ethics related question, in some ways. As a previous poster pointed out: The "A" Team does not only get treated like the "A" Team. Jorja is underpayed i comparisation to her other colleges. And Sara is just as importnt to the show as Catherine or maybe even Ecklie! If TPTB kills her because she is asking for more money, I think that a lor of people will identify with her and stop watching CSI (Ok, maybe record it or watch re-runs). Also, it seems like such a pathetic cause. "You want more money, Jorja? We are so sorry, but we do not have that kind of money even though we are one of Americas Top Rated Shows and has been that for the last 7 years. And just because you asked, how do you feel like getting killed of? Cause that's what we are going to do with Sara."

Aslo, going back ro the ethics related topic. A lot of people will identify with her, i'm sure. But also, I think that the major part (like me) will think TPTBs reasoning to illl Sara is lame. And I fully agree.

The character of Sara plays a vital role in CSI. First, she is the character that younger, single women can identify with. Second, she is the "compassionate" CSI; the one who shows her emotions. It would be a difficult job to fill these gaps if she left. GSR is hot right now, but it seems it will also be a challenge to keep it interesting after they're "outed". If Jorja does stay, I wonder what will be in store for GSR...

Lotty

Back