Is his Heart strong enough to keep going?--Greg Grissom Sara

ericisacutie

Lab Technician
Okay y'all, I thought I'd try a different story line. I hope y'all enjoy!

Chapter 1
-------------6:30pm-------------

It was a gloomy day at the Las Vegas crime lab, it had been raining all day long non stop.
Gil Grissom, Sara Sidle, and Greg Sanders were all sitting in the break room discussing an earlier case they had a few weeks back when Grissom's cell phone rang.
It was Detective Jim Brass calling, so Grissom reached down for his phone and when he answered he said, "Grissom."

Sara and Greg were making jokes with one another about the food they were eating. Greg was telling Sara her soup looked lie smushed brains, and Sara told Greg his sandwich looked like it was taken out of a dumpster. Grissom didn't appreciate they're humor with one another, so he just listened to what Brass had to say.

"Hey Gil, we've got a DB here at a Karate school on the corner of Marks and Warm Springs. Teenager was sparring with this other teen, and from what I've heard they both exchanged blows to the head, one dead, the other sitting on the bench with blood pooring from the side of her head, so you and your guys need to get here soon, I have a feeling there was more to that sparring match then what I've heard about, see ya!"

Grissom hung up, still with the other two laughing at each other. He stood up and grabbed both of they're plates and tossed them out. Greg stood up now too and said, "Hey, we weren't done with those!"
Grissom raised one eye brow and Greg knew that was a sign to be quiet or else. So he didn't say anything else, but Sara then asked, "What's up Grissom, was that Brass?"

Grissom looked at Sara and said, "Yea, there's a DB at a karate school, another person injured, so since you two are done playing with your food you both need to come with me, now!"
So Sara stood up and just stared at Greg, then Greg whispered in Sara's ear thinking Grissom wouldn't hear him on the count he had already left the room.
"It's not like he really gave us the option to finish our food."

Grissom stuck his head out from around the corner and said, "I heard that Sanders! Come on!"
Greg shook his head at Sara, and then they both listened to their boss and followed him to the crime scene, taking seperate cars of course.

----------20 minutes later-----------

When the three of them finally made it to the crime scene there was an ambulance out front. So Grissom, Sara and Greg all got out of they're cars and headed inside where they were door greeted by someone. Brass stopped them as he said, "You must bow and say hello sir, hello ma'am."

Grissom looked at Brass and said, "This is not a time to make sure we're following the rules Jim."
But right at the time Grissom said that he saw Greg bow at the door as he said, "Hello Sir, Hello Ma'am!"
Brass and Grissom boh just started shaking their heads thinking Greg was a hopeless case, but then Sara started to giggle, and they're heads turned to her where imedietly she stopped and looked away from the both of them.
Grissom sighed and then headed over to the body spread out on the floor. He looked back at Sara and Brass and said, "Have the girls parents been notified yet?"

Brass looked around and said, "No, not yet."
"Well Sara, why don't you go ask the instructor for the names please and go ahead and contact them, and Brass, go ahead and call someone to come pick up the body, I'll have everything I need by then."

Brass and Sara nodded and went to do what Grissom said too, on the count Sara was a little afraid not to. And then Grissom looked at Greg and said, "Greg, go talk to the person that was sparring this girl, and ask her to tell you everything she knows about her and about today, go, now!"

Greg nodded and then turned around slowly, but then Grissom said, "Don't sigh at me Greg, I'm your boss, you do what I say."

Greg rolled his eyes away from Grissom and then said, "Yes Sir!" And then he headed out to the front of the building where the girl with the bloody temple was. She was sitting on the ground trying hard to cover her face, Greg looked around and then said, "Hey, I'm Greg Sanders from the Las Vegas crime lab, you okay?"

The girl didn't say anything, but then Greg said, "I think you need to come get your head looked at."
Before he barely got those words out the girl popped in and said, "No, I can't......" She said that with a bubble in her throat, Greg knew she was upset, so he kneeled down next to her and said, "Why not?"

Once again he got no responce, so he sort of blew that off and then started asking the questions he was suppose to.
"I need to know some imformation about the girl you were sparring inside. To start with I need her name, and your too please."

The girl finally uncovered her face where you could see tears in her eyes, then she said, "Her name is Ashley, Ashley Elam. She was a sparring world champion, she was great at it, better then anyone I ever knew. She's 15, one year older then me, she was trying to help me with my kicks.
We both threw one at the same time, and she just..... fell...."

Greg's eye brows almosted touched listening to this story, he could tell by just looking at this girl she was really upset, he could for sure see it in her face. He saw her eyes close, and then he put his hand on her shoulder and said, "What's your name sweetie?"

The girl looked back at Greg putting one hand on her forehead looking like she had a really bad headache, then she sniffled a bit and said, "Amber, Amber Goins."
Greg looked her in her eyes and said, "Well Amber, we're going to find out what went wrong with your frind Ashley, I promise, but right now you need to go over there and get your head takin' care of, come on."

He reached for her hand and then they both stood up slowly, but as soon as they stood all the way up, blood started coming out of her mouth and she fell right into Greg, he was trying to keep her up as he started yelling for the parimedics.
"Help! We need that ambulance over here Now!!!"

So the parimedics started racing over to Greg and the girl, and Grissom, Brass and Sara all came rushing out of the building. They all just watched as the EMT's got the girl up on the gurny. As soon as they did, Grissom went straight over to Greg which he had blood all over his shirt and hands now. And Grissom said, "What happened?"

Greg didn't say anything, he just stared straight ahead, and then Grissom said, "Are you alright?"
It was like Greg was frozen in his spot where he couldn't say anything or move at all. But then Grissom put a hand on his shoulder and Greg finally turned his head very slowly toward Grissom, and then Grissom said, "It's okay Greg, it's okay.........

-------------------------

TBC

(What do you guys think so far, I hope you like.) :)

Re: Is his Heart strong enough to keep going?--Greg Grissom

thanks you guys! :)

Chapter 2

----------10 minutes later----------

Greg was now sitting on the ground leaned up against the karate school's wall. Sara had gone next door to get him another shirt on the count his was now full of blood.
Grissom had kneeled down next to him staring at Greg staring straight ahead. He wasn't sure what was wrong with Greg, but he really wanted an answer.

"Greg, what happened? I need you to tell me."

Greg lowered his head downwards where he now had his hands on his head. Then he said very softly, "The girl inside is 15 years old, and her name is Ashley, Ashley Elam. She's a sparring world champion, the best in the whole school. And the girl I was talking to, her name is Amber Goins, and she's 14."

"Good Greg, thanks for finding that stuff out for us....."
Grissom paused, then his eyes closed a bit and said, "Are you sure you're okay?"
Greg nodded slowly, then he said, "Yea, yea I'm fine. We were just standing up, and then she fell into me, it's all her blood, don't worry."

Greg got up quite quickly afterwards and headed over to where Sara was now with his new shirt. Grissom stayed knelt down for a minute as he watched Greg walk over to Sara. He wasn't believing that Greg was really okay, he was acting way too different to be the same old Greggo he knew. So after he watched Greg take the shirt from Sara and walk over to his car, Grissom got up and hurried over to Sara.

When he made it over to Sara, he looked at her and said, "Something is wrong with him, I just don't understand what."

Sara nodded and said, Yea, me neither. This isn't the first case like this he's ever had. We've had plenty of teenager cases."

"I know, but for some reason I think he thinks this one is different, and I'm going to find out why."

Greg changed his shirt and cleaned up so he wouldn't cantaminate the crime scene. Then he put gloves back on and headed back for the front door. Grissom and Sara followed him in, and Greg just stopped as he entered the room and looked at the dead girl lying on the floor. He had seen her earlier and it didn't seem to bother him at all, but now it sure did.

Sara put a hand on Greg's shoulder and said, "What's wrong Greg?"

Greg shook his head to the side, then he looked back at Grissom and said, "Griss, I, I have to go. I'm, going to go deliver all the evidence we have right now back to the crime lab, and then I have to... call my mom, I forgot to earlier, and it's her birthday, so I'll see you guys later."

Greg walked betwine Grissom and Sara and out the door once again. They just looked at each other, then they watched as Greg got in his car and drove away. Then Sara shook her head and said, "Evidence to the crime lab huh, he didn't even make a move toward the evidence bags."

Grissom took out his cell phone and called back to the crime lab. Catherine answered, and before she even had time to get her full hello out Grissom popped in and said, "Cath, if Greg shows up at the lab make sure you don't let him leave, he for some reason is having issues right now and he needs to just stay there."

Catherine didn't say anthing for a second, then she said, "ummmmm, issues?? What kind of issues?"

"I'm afraid I don't know that Catherine, just please do what I asked, good bye."

Grissom looked back at Sara and said slowly, "I'm not sure if I made the right decision with that Sherlock case or not after all."

"What do you mean Grissom?"

"I mean letting Greg out on the field so soon, and if I'm right, I have made a huge mistake..........

------------------------

TBC

Thanks for commenting! :)

Re: Is his Heart strong enough to keep going?--Greg Grissom

Wow, this is really interesting. I can't wait to see what you make of this! Keep it up!

thanks again for posting! :)

chapter 3

---------5 minutes later--------

So Grissom and Sara both got back to working the crime scene by collecting the evidence and taking pictures.
While in the mean time Greg was stopped at a red light. He was thinking harder and harder about the day he had had so far. So he wanted to try and get some of it off his mind, so he reached for the radio dial and turned it practically all the way up.

The cars around him were honking their horns at him because it was so loud, but he just ignored them. When the light turned green Greg didn't even realize it, he just sat there.
But then the driver in the car behind him hit his horn so hard and long Greg just hit the gas pedle and went flying across the inter section not even really knowing what he was doing mostly because he wasn't paying attention, so when he got across he sort of lost control and swerved in front of another car and he hit a light post.

The windsheild cracked right through the middle and the drivers side window broke and came crashing in on top of Greg. A peice of the glass slashed right across the top of his left hand. And then another peice hit right by his eye, he was lucky it didn't actually enter his eye.

Greg leaned back, then he used his other hand and made a fist and did a vertical punch downwards on the steering wheel as he yelled, "Crap! What else!"
He slowly got out of his car and looked at the front of it. It had a huge dent in it. The motor was still going, so he climbed back into his seat after wiping all the glass from it and he pretended nothing happened. He got back on the road and he actually did go back to the crime lab.

-----------10 minutes later-----------

Greg arrived at the lab and parked his car in the very back hoping no one would see the huge dent in it. But all the blood on his hand and face would most probably give him away anyhow. But anyway, he went through the back door and started walking down the hall toward the bathroom. But someone ended up destracting from that.

"Greggo man, what happened to you?"
Nick walked right up beside Greg and then Greg started thinking very quickly to come up with a good lie to hide his stupidness. Well, I guess you wouldn't say stupidness since that's what he came up with instead.

"I, um, walked into a wall with a pole sticking out of it. Then I got blood on my hand from my face."

Nick started to laugh not knowing what really happened, then he said, "Not smart man, not smart at all."
He continued to laugh as he started walking the oppisite direction then Greg was going. When Nick gt to the end of the hall way he ran into Catherine, and he was still laughing, so Catherine asked, "What's so funny?"

Nick looked backwards for a econd then he said, "It was just Greg, he walked into a wall or something and cut his face, what a cluts."

Catherine paused for a minute not really taking in what Nick had just said, but then her eyes opened even more and asked very quickly, "Greg? Where is he now?"
Nick smiled and said, "I think he was heading for the front doors."

Catherine raised her voice as she started speaking very quickly, "No! You have to go get him, he can't leave!"

"Why?"

"Just do it!!!"

So Nick turned around and stared jogging back down the hall toward where Greg was heading. Then he saw Warrick walk right by Greg coming toward him. Then Nick raised his voice yelling to Warrick, "Stop Greg! NOW!!!!"
Warrick didn't even ask, he just lauched himself at Greg bringing them both down to the ground.

Then as Nick stood right over them both Warrick looked at Nick like he had lost his mind and said, "Waht are you doing Nicky? What's the matter?"
Not five seconds later Catherine came around the corner and walked over to where Nick, Warrick and Greg were. Greg pushed Warrick off him as he stood up and said in an angry voice, "What is the matter with you people, what did you jump me for?"

Catherine looked down, and then she said softly, "Grissom called, and he said for us to keep you here if you came for some reason, I don't know why though."
Greg's whole face filled with anger, and pain at the same time as he was still bleeding. Catherine had just realized he was bleeding, so she asked, "Greg, what happened to you, are you okay?"

Greg looked around, then he brushed his clothes off as he said, "I'm fine, just freakin lovely! Call Grissom, I want to talk to our great superviser......."

MacsGirlMel said:
ack more soon! I wanna know what's wrong with him.

I hope people don't think I'm weird, I'm going to sort of make up a word in one of my next chapters to explain what is wrong with him. Do you think that would be okay? :lol: :cool:

Chapter 4

-------------5 minutes later------------

Greg took out his cell phone still bleeding all over his clothes, then he scrolled down to the last number in his phone which happened to be Grissom's. He pushed the dial button, and let it ring......
"Grissom!" He answered, but as soon as he did Greg didn't say anything. But Grissom did.
"Greg, is that you? Where are you, and what are you doing?"

Catherine, Warrick and Nick all heard Grissom's voice on the count Greg had his phone up so loud. Catherine was just about to reach for Greg's phone as Greg pulled away from her reach and smarted off to the head superviser, "So what did you tell them? I'm loosing my mind or something???"

Warrick raised one eye brow toward Nick and Nick did the same with both. Catherine really just stood there looked dumbfounded at everything that was going on, on the count she really didn't know what was going on, none of them did really, except Greg Grissom and Sara.

But anyway, Grissom lowered his tone an said, "I didn't tell them anything excpet for them to keep you there at the lab if you showed up. I think you should talk to Doc Robbins."

"Why!" Greg blasted back.

"Because Greg.. I just think you should, have Catherine go with you, tell him how you feel."

"I feel fine Grissom, nothing is wrong with me besides now my car is pretty wrecked up."

Grissom didn't say anything, but then suddenly he said very slowly, "Please Greg, just stay there and I'll be there in a few minutes, I'm telling you you'll thank me in the long run, it will make you feel better, just stay put!"

So Grissom hung up his phone and turned back to Sar again, then he picked up his evidence kit and said, "I have to go Sara, I'll send Nick back to help you finish up here."

"Don't worry about that Grissom, I got it under control, don't worry."

"Are you sure?"

"Yea, perfectly, there's not much left to do here anyway, so you go be the parent and hero, like you should be, I'll be at the lab in an hour."

Grissom smiled at Sara and she returned the same favor, then he got into his SUV and headed back for the lab once again.

And Catherine was sitting in the break room with Greg.
She had gotten some bandages and some tweezers to get the glass out of Greg's hand. So as she was doing that she tried to keep her questions to a minimum not wanting to upset him, but ten minutes later when she had finally finished playing doctor with him she stood up and was about to walk out of the room for a minute, but then Greg stopped her as he said, "I'm sorry Cath, I didn't mean to be so harsh earlier, I'm just a little stressed right now I'm afraid. Thank you for always helping me, I really do appreciate it even though I know I don't show it some times."

Catherine looked back at Greg and just smiled. But then ten seconds later Grissom was at the door way right next to Catherine, and Greg stood up as Grissom said, "Come on Greg, let's go see doc Robbins. Just trust me, you'll feel better!"

So Greg walked out of the break room and headed down to the autopsy room with Grissom, and when they arrived they heard the doc singing again. (He always did that when other people weren't around..... well alive people anyway.)
So Grissom walked in and the doc stopped at once as he said, "Ever heard of knocking Gil?"
Grissom smiled and siad, "Not really."

Robbins nodded and said, "I figured that..... So, what can I do for you two today, and what happened to your head Sanders?"

Greg didn't say anything he just stood there, then Grissom made him sit down as he said, "We need you to help us out with something Doc, Greg had a little problem today, and we need for you to tell us what it is."
Robbins walked over to Greg and Grissom and said, "Well I'm best with post mortom, or just dead people, but what's up?"

Greg just rolled his eyes as he listened to Grissom ramble to Doc Robbins about everything that had went on an hour ago, and Greg wished he was somewhere else when Robbins finally told them what it was..............

---------------------------

TBC

Glad you guys still like, thanks for commenting! Enjoy! :)

Chapter 5

------------------------

Doc Robbins sat down next to Greg as Grissom started telling about the girl from the karate school and how she fainted and started bleeding all over Greg. And then how Greg acted from that point onward.

Greg really just tried to ignore Grissom, but there was just no way to with it being Grissom, he always makes it to where you have to listen to him no matter what.
So Grissom looked at Robbins and said, "I'm not sure what's wrong with him, but it was like he couldn't talk or move after that happened. It was like he was frozen to his spot. Like he was really scared or something."

Greg rolled his eyes once more and then stood up as he said to Grissom, "So I froze, it happened once before too! Remember, the first time I was out on the feild with Nick, it was practically the same thing, the guy was talking to us and then he just fell forward bleeding from the mouth, the only difference was in this case it was an innocent teenage girl."

Doc Robbins looked at Grissom, then he stood back up next to Greg as he said slowly, "I think I know what it could be, but if it is, then this isn't the first time it's happened."
Greg looked at the doc and then said, "I guess not, I just told you the same thing happened the first time I was....."
Robbins cut him off before he could finish his sentence. "It's happened more then that too Greg." He said with a very strange look in his eyes.

Then Greg didn't say anything, he just sat back down thinking that was probably the best thing left to do knowing he couldn't leave with the doc and Grissom both in there.
So then Grissom stood up and said looking at Robbins, "So what do you think it is?"

"Well......." He said slowly, then he looked back at Greg and said, "I think you have something called,
"Pre Stress Anition Sydrome". It means at ramdom times you'll see things only you can see, and you'll feel things only you can feel at certain times with certain things. Like for instants with the case you had this morning, there must have been something about that girl you were talking to that trigered it."

"Trigered what?" Greg snapped back."

"Pre Stress Anition Sydrome I told you, it means at times you'll feel different things, like nervous, angry, scared or even more caring then usual, that's just what this Sydrome does, and with you I'm guessing it came out very strong today when that girl had that spell. It scared you, not for yourself, but you were scared for her. And I believe today wasn't the only time you felt like that, it must have happened in others cases as well, I just figure you hid it better."

Grissom looked very concerned, and Greg just didn't say anything. But then the Doc said looking at Greg, "It's nothing to be ashamed about Greg, it's nothing you can control, so it's just something you have to learn to over come with time. And don't worry, with the help from all your great friends on the CSI team you'll be fine, I can promise you that."

Grissom stood up and then Greg did too as he said very softly, "So there's no way to make it go away?"

"I'm afraid not Greg, but it is important for you to tell someone when it happens, it helps relieve it, because I can tell you're still holding on to what hapened this evening, and your car knows it too."

Grissom just looked puzzled, then the Doc said to Greg, "Yea sorry, I saw your car out back, I know a good repair shop for that."
Grissom shook his head, and then he said, "Thanks Doc, let's go Greg, we have some more stuff to process tonight on that crime scene, we best hurry and get it over with. Sara should be back by now too."

------------10 minutes later------

Greg and Grissom walked down the hall toward the main part of the lab again, and Greg stopped as he said, "I guess you think it was a mistake now dont you?"

Grissom paused and said, "A mistake about what?"

Greg once again, rolled his eyes as he said, "You know, putting me on your team."

Grissom took a step toward Greg and said, "No. But I do expect you to tell one of us the next time you feel like you did today, cause Doc Robbins did say we might not know when it happens sometimes, so that's up to you to tell us, and that's what will prove to me I didn't make the mistake with putting you on the feild, because I know I can trust you, and that's what is important, understand?"

"I always felt like you didn't really want me out in the feild with you and Sara and the rest of your team. On the count I'm just the young lab rat that loves to goof off no matter what."

"No Greg, you don't know me that well......."

--------------------------

TBC

Chapter 6

-------------

After Grissom looked at Greg and said that to him he turned around and started walking toward the front desk. Greg paused a minute before he followed, but then when he did he said, "What is that suppose to mean? I don't know you? I know you very well, actually, probably better then I should."

Grissom picked up some paper work and started heading for the door again as he said, "Just what I meant Greg, you don't know me."
Greg sighed as he said in an angered tone, "I don't understand you."
Grissom turned and looked at Greg as he said, "Exactly...."

Not a second later Sara came around the corner with a concerned look on her face as she said, "Hey Greg, how are you feeling?"
Greg grinned slightly and said, "I'm fine,Doc Robbins just said it has something to do with stress. But anyway, what else did you get from the crime scene??"

"Well, I found a trace of cocane in the bathroom, and also under where the victom was lying, so I think that might have had something to do with her death. But Doc Robbins should be able to tell us for sure in a couple hours, so I'm also thinking there was more to the story then what that girl gave you Greg. And we really need to know what."

Grissom looked at Sara and then said to Greg, "I think you should go to the hospital where that girl was admitted, and I think you should talk to her, see if you can get anything else from her."

Greg just stared at Grissom, then Grissom said to Sara, "Hey Sara, can you go get one more set of papers for me from Hodges please, he's probably in the break room."

Sara smiled and turned to Greg and walked right up to him as she put her hand on his shoulder she said, "I'm really glad you're okay Greg."
They both smiled and then she was off.
Then Grissom and Greg started looking at each other again and Grissom said, "I can tell you're worried. I'll come with you, just in case you need me."

Greg didn't say anything for a minute, but then he thought about it and said, "Grissom."
Grissom looked back at Greg once more raising both eyebrows and listened as Greg said very softly, "Thanks......."
Grissom gave a half grin like he usually does, and the they both headed back toward the break room where they met Sara half way. After they gathered the papers Greg and Grissom were off to the SaintRose Hospital to talk to that girl again.
When they arrived Greg opened his door, but before he got out he looked at Grissom and said, "Arent you coming?"
Grissom shook his head as he said, "I'll be right here Greg, In Case you need me. So try not to need me, I have to feed 'Tar'.

Greg now raised an eyebrow as he said, "Tar?"
"Yea, my spider."
Greg rolled his eyes at Grissom and then he got out of the SUV, and Grissom said one last thing before he headed inside, "Try not to worry, I'm sure that doesn't help, but you know where I am."
Greg nodded, and then made his way up to the hospital just hoping he wasn't going to freeze........Again.....

TBC

Back