Is danny dead ?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by paige4donmacdan, Jun 13, 2010.

?

Whos Dead ?

Poll closed Jun 28, 2010.
  1. Danny

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Lindsay

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Shane

23 vote(s)
    82.1%
  4. Lucy

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. CSINYADDICT99

CSINYADDICT99 Hit and Run

I'm now thinking maybe Stella dies saving Danny.... :(

2. Sendibo

Sendibo Victim

I swear I read somewhere that Anna Belknap was signed to do the next series... can't find the link but that would mean Lindsay survives.

3. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

And then maybe it is all a dream and Stella gets taken by Shane as she is investgating the crime scene. I'm sorry but for Shane to get out of the water and back to there place in time to break in and take Lucy ugh i cant even stand reminiceing:rolleyes:

4. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Right now it looks like the only character that will not be returning is Stella.

5. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Well, I thought now that she was out everyone else would definitely be returning. Unless, of course, it was decided before she left that someone else wasn't returning. After all, her departure didn't seem planned, so maybe someone else's was?
    Though the show wouldn't be able to survive Danny or Lindsay leaving. It is questionable if they survive with Stella leaving and the aspect of Mac and Stella gone. If they make Danny or Lindsay leave they're losing another fanbase. They lost one already. And while different, Danny or Lindsay's death would have just as much of an impact as would Stella's have because they're parents.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Since Stella will be replaced with a new character I think it would be plausible for another character to go. I don't think that will happen because we would have probably heard about it by now, but I don't think Melina leaving negates the possibility of someone else being killed off the show.

I also think the show could survive without anyone except Gary. There are fans who would leave if any of the actors left, but I think Gary is the real draw and the show wouldn't lose a huge portion of the fan base if anyone else left.

7. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Okay, you're right about the replacement, I was more thinking in lines of a character leaving. Not about money, really.

However, I think you're wrong about the fans. People discontinued watching because of how season six went, some even stopped at the beginning of season six because they weren't happy with how things were handled. If you read the comments which are circulating, a lot of people are disapointed and shocked and there were several comments about how they'll keep watching as long as Danny and Lindsay are on the show.
    I like Gary Sinise, however, I think his importance is overrated. Many don't like his heroic fígure that makes him too good to be true.
    It's probably the entire cast which made the show what it was with Stella and Mac in the lead. Either one going is hurting the show badly.

And sorry for being off topic.

8. PerfectAnomaly

But if you look at sites that aren't exclusively related to DL the fans are definitely mixed about DL and Lindsay in particular. A few rabid fans on the internet aren't the whole of the audience and are, in reality, just a drop in the bucket.

9. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

I guess though those who watch the show just because it's entertaining don't watch it because of Sinise either.
    And those who are mixed about DL and Lindsay then might be fan of one of the other characters. Most likely are. Might even be Mac-Stella fans.
    With the drop in ratings, the new time slot and Melina gone (thus Stella and Mac-Stella gone) I don't think the show can afford losing anything else.

I'm just wondering how much there is to the time slot change in general. I've been reading so often now that moving a show to Friday nights at 9 means that it's supposed to run out.

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

The show could probably survive without Gary if they brought the right person in. It's possible that the ratings would take another hit though. CSI without William Petersen was unfathomable to some, the show did take a dive in the ratings - and it gets to stay on Thursday nights, while Miami is moved to Sundays and New York gets moved to Fridays. Although, I can't complain to much about NY being moved - because it means I'll be able to watch L&O: LA.

11. paige4donmacdan

paige4donmacdan Hit and Run

loss of any characters would destroy the whole show it wud be nothing without danny stella adam hawke lindsay don sid mac and the rest of them we could not survive they wud lose there fan base completely i dont think i cud watch it without them its only one ive liked wereas csi miami is to complicted to follow i think what do u reckon ??

12. PerfectAnomaly

I personally think the show could survive without anyone but Gary. He's the main character I would think he's the main draw. But CSI has survived without William Peterson so I'm probably all wet when I say that. With the right replacement I think the show could most likely survive anyone leaving. We'll find out this fall when the show will be without Melina.

But honestly, I've looked on sites where the news about Melina leaving was posted and there are almost as many people who are happy to see her go as there are people upset she's leaving. You can't really tell anything by going by who's posting on the internet. People invested enough in the show to post about it on the internet are a small percentage of the total audience.

13. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Though not everyone who's happy to see her leave is happy about the Ward addition. And some of those who are happy about the Ward addition have posted some imature and insulting comments in regards to MK.
    (Why are we discussing that in the Danny thread, by the way? ;) )

14. PerfectAnomaly

That's true, too. Just like people are posting insulting things about SW. The point is I don't think that going by what people say on the internet to gague what will happen with a show that has 10-12 million viewers is very accurate.

The question was asked what we thought about how the show would do if anyone left. ;)

15. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

I haven't seen any insults about SW which are as personal as those to MK but then there were only few and I think from the same one or two persons about MK which I found too personal and completely unsuited. Despiseful, really.
    For the rest of the comments I think people aren't acting mature in voicing their opinion and are putting their disappointment into the comment regarding SW and vice-versa, the happiness about SW joining against MK.

I agree though, there are quite few people on the message boards and communities.
    I don't know what ratings consists of, if there's more fans or if there's more general viewers. I guess though the problem is that a certain fanbase has been upset and the general viewers don't necessarily tune in on Fridays because they've got better things to do.

The question was asked what we thought about how the show would do if anyone left. ;)[/QUOTE]

Right ;)
    It might have been mentioned before, so I apologize if it has been, but is CG's contract actually up?
    I've heard from someone that he wasn't quite happy anymore though I don't know the truth to that.