International Audiences Go Crazy Over 'NY' And 'Miami'

CSI Files

Captain
Only a little over a year after its premiere date, CSI: New York is proving to be a smashing success overseas.

The series has already been sold to over 200 countries, and has quickly become a television favorite in Germany, Spain, and France. In the United States, the show manages to beat its ratings rival, Law and Order, every week.

"The ratings speak for themselves," said <font color=yellow>Ted Riley</font>, Executive Managing Director, International Television Distribution. "The feedback we have been getting from international audiences proves that viewers around the world were keenly anticipating CSI: NY."

<font color=yellow>Anthony Zuiker</font>, creator of CSI and New York showrunner, couldn't be more excited about the news. "We are over the moon that international viewers have welcomed CSI: NY as the newest addition to the franchise," he said. "With CSI: NY now in its second season, CSI in its sixth season and CSI: Miami in its fourth season, worldwide audiences have a great deal to look forward to."

New York's predecessor, CSI: Miami is also celebrating an astounding ratings milestone. The show has managed to beat CSI, Lost, and Desperate Housewives in the ratings battle overseas, and has been crowned the number one international series in four of the top continental markets that pay the most money.

Visit CNW to read all about the shows' success.<center></center>

CSI Miami best internationally!!!!!!!? WHat the F***??? In my country it has better raitings cause CSI original compete's with Housewives. But in the world? I don't understand WHAT CSI: Miami has that the original DOESN'T??. I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW!!!!!

I think that CSI the original is too dark. They dont have much light hearted moments. An episode doesnt have to be so dark for us to learn about a characters past.

I wonder where CSI:Miami is bigger then the orginal? I know that in Holland the orginal is the most popular by far and the same goes for the countries surrounding us. Oh well, we can't all have the same taste but I am glad that I live in a CSI original country :)

I think that CSI the original is too dark. They dont have much light hearted moments. An episode doesnt have to be so dark for us to learn about a characters past.

Yeah, the original is darker (they do work on graveyard shift) and tougher. So maybe some nations like Miami more because of the cultural differences. less violance, which is important to some,

CSI: Miami is also celebrating an astounding ratings milestone. The show has managed to beat CSI, Lost, and Desperate Housewives in the ratings battle overseas
:eek:

Congrats NY & Miami, I’m pleased to here there both really popular overseas - I get bored of hearing about CSI LV all the time. :lol: I’m glad they both get huge recognition.

Back