Icon Challenge - Capturing the Episode ~ Winners Up!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by pilgrim_soul, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Re: Icon Challenge - CSI: Second in Command Now up!

Sorry for the delay, everybody, but it seems that life is just throwing more lemons at me than I care to use for my particular taste in lemonade. Now, just when I'm starting to get a tiny bit more time on my hands, my Excel (which I use to count the votes) for some unbelievably retarded reason won't work. So, I'm thinking that for this round, I may not count them as I normally do. Normally, I award three points for a first place vote, two points for a second place vote, and one point for a third place vote, and whoever gets the most votes wins. Problem is, to do that by hand is just absolute hell. So, I think that this time, I may just go based on number of votes, regardless of place. I know this really sucks because it doesn't take into account the fact that someone liked yours better than someone else's, but unless you guys all want to wait another twenty years until I can figure out what's wrong with my Excel, I think that's the way it's going to be. Please let me know what you think - yay or nay?

My sincerest apologies once again, and, as always, thanks for your patience.

And, oh yeah, sorry for the double post.

2. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

A YAY for me. Or you could get another poster to count the votes for you? Either way, I don't mind personally.

3. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Ok,I don't wanna sound rude,but you need excel to count the votes ?!!! :eek:

You only need a piece of paper,write down the number of the icons,three lines if they're voted 1º,two if they're 2º and one if they're voted 3º and then count the lines!!!
    I'm sure you're smart enough to count the lines,in fact,it's even easier than open excel.

If you're too busy you don't have to do anything,it doesn't matter,we understand,your rl is the important thing it's just than I'm shocked about you needing excel for that,sorry.

4. dongpeiyen1000

dongpeiyen1000 Prime Suspect

Real life can really get in the way, huh? I know how you feel. :lol:

I can help to count the votes, if you like. :)

5. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

I use Excel because it totals them automatically (you can program it to multiply each cell by so much, etc). It's really not as easy as it sounds. Luckily, it looks like my uncle the computer nerd will be able to fix it on Saturday so I'll have them up then.

6. edog

edog Lab Technician

Hey, man. No sweat off my back. if RL gets in the way, it gets in the way.

Honestly, I would use Excel too. :lol: That's a lot of icons to sort through, man. Not just for the counting, but each item is organized in nice little rows.

Still, if you need a hand, I'm willing to count or whatev. If not, then do what you gotta do. I guess I'm a "yay" to the new counting system, to be short. haha.

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Sorry,4ENSIX,maybe it's only me who's dumb with excel and thinks it's easier "by hand" *runs to learn more about excel* :lol:,but as I said before,don't worry about it and take care of your rl,that's the important one. ;)

8. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

:lol: no Hormiga, you're not alone! I'm also at war with Excel :p But I'm sure when you once set up a spread sheet for the votes, it's a lot easier and won't take so much time to count them.
    Anyway, I'll stick to the "by hand" counting too. :D

Chloe, no worries, take all the time you need, we all appreciate the work you invest here :)

9. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Chloe a YAY for me but, I could count the votes for you if you'd like. I mean the old way, with ow without Excel, or anyway I could do it. Thanks so much for all you do Chloe and don't worry- hopefully RL will get better as summer nears. :)

10. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I wouldn't mind counting the vote for you... though it seems other people have made the same offer. Either way, take your time. We all understand RL.

11. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

You guys are being so nice to me that I could actually cry. Thanks so much for your support and patience. I finally got my own Excel to work, though it took me like two hours to figure out. You’ve waited so long for me to get my butt in gear and post these, so without further ado, here are you winners of the Second In Command icon challenge.

Beginner

First place
    [​IMG] by chocolate_bunnys and [​IMG] by Hormiga

Second place
    [​IMG] by chocolate_bunnys

Third place
    [​IMG] by cainesugar and [​IMG] by cathwillows

Advanced

First place
    [​IMG] by quoth_the_raven

Second place
    [​IMG] by dongpeiyen1000 and [​IMG] by Lauw

Third place
    [​IMG] by quoth_the_raven

Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to everybody who participated either by voting or entering (or both). Normally, I’d offer winner banners to the winners, but honestly, with finals coming up and everything, there seriously just isn’t time for me to do them – I’m sorry. :(

EDIT: DragonflyDreamer has been wonderful enough to offer winner banners to all who want them, so if you'd like one, you can PM her. Thanks so much, Megan!

12. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Congrats to all the winners! The icons were great :D

I wouldn't mind doing the banners if anyone wants one.

13. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Oh Me Gee!
    I can believe I actually placed!
    Congratulations Hormiga, cainesugar, cathwillows, quoth_the_raven, dongpeiyen1000, and Lauw.

Dont worry about it 4ENSIX, and thank you for working so hard to get the winners up.
    Good luck on finals! :D

If it isn't too much of a bother I would like to have a banner. I'm still surprised that my icon was good enough to place :rolleyes:

14. 4ENSIX

4ENSIX Pathologist

Megan, you rock. :D Thanks so much for offering to do the banners...now I don't feel as bad.

15. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to everyone who voted for my icon :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.