Icon Challenge #55 - Robin Hood ~ Winners Up!!!

Re: Icon Challenge #55 - Robin Hood ~ Voting Up!!!

Intermediate:

Advanced:

140:

Jacquie, what exactly is Exploder :lol: or is that a codename of sucky windows explorer :p Have you thought of giving Flock a try? made by the people who make firefox, but it works so much better :D

Results for this will be up later today, sorry it's taken a while but I just wasn't getting enough votes. If you still wish to vote please do so! :)

Ok time to announce the winners.
Thanks everyone for the entries! :).

Intermediate:

1st Place:
GregNickRyanFan
rhinter05.png

2nd Place:
GregNickRyanFan
rhinter04.png

3rd Place:
GregNickRyanFan (congrats, I think this is a hint to move up now :lol: ;))
rhinter06.png

Challenge Runner's Choice:
Blackflag
rhinter09.jpg

Love your use of text, totally made me lol.

Advanced:

1st Place:
Something_wicked
rhadv01.png

2nd Place:
Something_wicked
rhadv02.png

3rd Place:
egeria
rhadv06.png

egeria:
rhadv07.png

Nice and simple but very effective, I don't know why but it just caught my eye immediately.

140:

Winner:
egeria
140x140rh05.png

GregNickRyanFan
140x140rh02.png

Love the way you used the text in the background and I love how crisp and clear the icon is! :)

Congrats you guys!! :)

PM me if you would like a banner thanks!

Theme suggestions welcome as always!! :)

Any mistakes let me know! :)

Congrats GNRFan and the rest of the winners. Thanks for the votes. Thanks for the Challenge Runner's Choice, Shazza. I just modified (slightly) the "Who wears the pants in the house" saying. :lol:

Susan

Ooh congrats to the winners! GNRF, blackflag and something_wicked, awesome icons!

And thanks for the votes all, and the Challenge Runner's Choice too Shazza! Thanks for running such a great challenge! It was so much fun :D

Wow! I didn't expect that! Thanks for the votes. And thanks for the Challenge Runner's fave. :)

Congrats to all the winners. :D Everyone did an awesome job.

Those caps were definitely challenging to color since the movie's an old classic (I used to watch it when I was little lol- I even had the view finder version lol).

Those caps were definitely challenging to color since the movie's an old classic (I used to watch it when I was little lol- I even had the view finder version lol).

oh wow view finders :guffaw: defiantly brought back memories even though I'm not really that old :p. Not calling you old or anything ;)

Anyways, thanks a lot for the votes and congrats to GNRF and Blackflag :)

So does anyone have any suggestions on what the next theme should be? I'm kinda running out ideas and steam now :lol:

We're doing tv shows this time around so please leave suggestions regarding that thanks! :)

Would you guys prefer a different challenge maybe do icons from stock images for something specific e.g. horses, flowers, cupcakes etc.

Let me know!

Does Scooby Doo count as a tv show? :lol:

If not, then "Burn Notice" or "In Plain Sight" would be interesting or maybe "Army Wives" or "Leverage" if anyone can find caps of those. Maybe a "Charmed" one?

Way back when Wibble was running these challenges, she had themes like hot air balloons and figure skating mixed in with tv shows and movies. Maybe we could mix them up like that?

As for more specific ideas...

New Star Trek Movie
The Last Unicorn
RENT
Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Original Star Trek (or any of the series, actually)
Power Rangers (*cough* I stumbled across a clip on youtube earlier today, and started feeling nostalgic)
Harry Potter (any of the movies could work)
Friends
Big Bang Theory
Beauty and the Beast (my favorite disney movie)

As for non tv/movie ideas:
Beach
Scenic
Horses
Butterflies (or dragonflies ;))
Puppies/Kittens
Text icons (favorite quotes, song lyrics, etc)
Sports (in general, or a specific one)
Books (as in pictures of books)
Things found on desks
Pirates
(okay, now I'm just looking around the room and typing whatever I see... but there are tones of possibilities)

I can help find screencaps too, if needed :)

These were really cute and fun to see! Congratulations to all the winners...Egeria, Blackflag, GNRFan, and Something Wicked! I think I voted for a few of these. ;)

I'm all for puppies/kittens or horses. What about dolphins though? Or tigers?

Friends or the new star trek movie are good choices too. :)

Back