Icon Challenge #23 -- CSI:Miami Season One Finale -- WINNERS

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by tuesdaymorning, Jun 5, 2006.

1. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

This icon challenge is different from the others. Usually we would go with certain character but perhaps adding a little bit more flavor into it isn't such a bad idea.

So this week? We're starting with CSI:Miami's Season Finale Episode "Body Count" so no CSI:NY or CSI one because those will be in the next two challenges.

This time, no images will be provided for you. Instead, you will need to go to a screen cap website and get images from there.

CSI:Miami Screencap Websites: Miami Style & CSI Caps

* Yes, you can use your own screen caps as well if you have any.

READ THE RULES FIRST (Mixed with Carol's old ones and some new updated ones so be sure to read!)

1. You have a week to complete the icon. Due date is June 12, 2006 10PM EST.

2. These are icons. That means the dimensions are 100x100. If your icon is, say, 134x112 I will resize it myself, and resized icons never look better than the originals. So go with 100x100.

3. You can crop the image in any way you like.

4. No profanity in the icons. That goes without saying. No distasteful content - racial slurs, et al.

5. You will use the episode I tell you to use. If you don't, your icon will not be posted.

6. Don't join the two images together. No two images from the same episode can be blended together. NO ANIMATION is allowed either. If I get any, they will be removed.

7. You can use gradients, textures, brushes... whatever you need. You can also turn in any style you want. But again, you can crop it in anyway you like, as in, you can crop out the eyes and focus on the lower part of the face, etc. Get creative.

8. Choose any genre you want - humor, angst, et al. I would avoid handing in shipper entries, though (as people tend to be biased in their voting).

9. And last, but most important: DO NOT POST YOUR ICONS HERE. If you do, I'm gonna have to disqualify your icon and ask you to make a new one. Why is this so important? I want these entries to be completely anonymous. Why, again? Because I don't want people to go, "Aw, look at X's icon. She's my best friend. Therefore, I'm gonna vote for her, even though there are better icons." That wouldn't be fair to everyone who isn't your friend. The voting has to be completely unbiased. In fact, I will probably leave this open for a couple of days (in case you have any questions) and then lock it. I honestly would leave it open, but a lot of people around here don't seem to read the rules, so that's that.

Once the winners have been chosen, I will reveal who made the icons. But until that moment, it's all very hush-hush.

Once the icon is finished, upload it to your own Photobucket account and send me the link. If, for some weird, freakish twist of fate you can't get a Photobucket account (though that's unlikely) then e-mail me the icon and I'll host it for you. But try to get a Photobucket account, that way the icons will be online for future members to see.

If you need any help with the icons, check out the icon tutorial thread. :)

Also, if you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask. ;)

* You may sumbit up to two icons for this challenge.

2. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

Re: Icon Challenge #23 -- CSI:Miami Season One Finale

Due to the lack of entries, I'm extending this for another week. So now the due date will be June 20, 2006.

Also, I will be going on vacation from around th 13-18 so if you send me an icon and you do not get a response it is because I am out of town.

3. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

I have nine entries for this.

Hi. I NEED MORE.

So please, I'm extending this until further notice. I need icons. I want icons. You love me, right? So MAKE ICONS.

If this is how the entries are going to be, I'm combing icon challenges again.

4. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

NO MORE ENTRIES.

5. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

Time to vote. Rules:

1- Don't vote for you. It's sad and unfair. If you do, your icon will be immediately disqualified.

2- Don't go around telling people to vote for you. Why would you want an award you didn't really earn?

3- Don't reveal which icon belongs to you. If you do, it'll be disqualified.

4- No bashing of any kind. All icons are fabulous in their own way.

5- Vote for three icons using this format:

1 - NUMBER OF ICON (the icon you like the most)
    2 - NUMBER OF ICON (the second best icon you like)
    3 - NUMBER OF ICON (the third best icon)

I can't allow more than 3 votes. If you have 4 icons you love and you can't choose, then I'd rather you vote for 2 instead. But, if you only love one icon, then you can vote for that icon only. I'd rather you voted for 3, though, to give people an opportunity to earn a banner.

Just to make things clear, I'll let you know how I'll count the votes: When a person votes for your icon in first place, you'll receive 3 points. Second, 2 points and 1, one point. Whoever has received more points by Wednesday night wins. That's why it's important for you guys to make your favorite icon number one, the second favorite number two and so on.

Onto the voting!

01.[​IMG] 02.[​IMG] 03.[​IMG] 04.[​IMG] 05.[​IMG] 06.[​IMG] 07.[​IMG] 08.[​IMG] 09.[​IMG] 10.[​IMG]

* Some icons are not present because they have been deleted in the users photobucket account.

6. wibble

wibble Corpse

7. never_a_promise

never_a_promise Pathologist

8. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

9. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner