Ice Show

DeereGal89

Civilian
Heyy!

Soooo, the ice rink that I work at is having it's annual Ice Show in May. Our theme for this year is Las Vegas. I'm in charge of coming up with the staff number. So, I picked CSI Las Vegas. We're skating to the theme song, "Who Are You" by the Whos. But I have no idea what to wear. Well, I have a few ideas. But I want your input on it. Should the guys wear CSI jumpsuits or black dress pants, black dress shirt, with a white tie, or something else? And I have no idea what the girls should wear. My manager thought maybe a black dress.

Also, I don't know what to do for the skit. It's probably going to be a comedy act since some of us cannot skate very well. I thought we'd get a cutout of a drawing on the ice (like when somebody is murdered and they outline the body on the pavement). But I don't know what to do from there. haha

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Okay, I'll bite, being a retired competitive figure skater....Take the person who is the least experienced skater and make them the victim. See if you can create costumes out of crime scene tape. You can get it by the roll online from the Spirit Halloween store. The CSI jumpsuits sound good, too. Body bags with holes cut for the head, arms and legs? I'm trying, here. I was once a bag of garbage in a spring ice show to the tune of "I Love Trash" as sung by Oscar the Grouch.

Thank you for your help! We think we'll use the "weakest link" and make them the victim. And we have the murder. The audience won't know it's him until the end of the skit. We're still not sure how to throw in more CSI stuff in the middle while doing our tricks. But I think we'll use magnifying glasses and pretend to look around for clues, and then all of a sudden bust a trick out. Almost all of us have a special trick that we do. Mine is a backwards Shoot the Duck (I'm a hockey skater).

Thanks again for your input! It helped us out a lot! And I'm really sorry you had to dress up as trash... haha!
:)

Back