How would you rank "Resurrection"?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by MissKraft, Oct 1, 2008.

?

How would you rate "Resurrection"?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2008.
  1. A+

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. A

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. A-

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. B+

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. C

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  9. C-

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F ( why was this episode ever put on the air? )

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. MissKraft

MissKraft Rookie

* Hopes the mods don't mind I made a poll *

What were your thoughts, on the season opener, "Resurrection"?

I'd give it a "B-", and here is way.

- TPTB had Ryan reveal Horatio's plans too early. Yes, I know, most of us knew Horatio was pulling a "Raymond", and Ryan was in on it in some way. They still could have drummed up more suspense, by leaving this fact until the end.

- I wanted CSI Duquesne, to deck Horatio, so badly. The emtion of grief displayed, when told of Horatio's death, was devastating ( kudos for Emily! ). Seriously, a slap across Horatio's face would have done me proud. :lol:

- There was so much lost "potenital" for this storyline. It could have easily been expanded a good number of episodes, woven in and out of each new plot. We could see/not he is alive, and the crew knew/not that he was. It is a shame, really.

- Only reason I stopped at "B-", is I love the cast to death! It is so great to have everyone (kinda) back!:thumbsup:

Your thoughts?

2. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I rated this episode a C-, it was very predictable. There was nothing special about this episode at all.:scream:

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I gave it a B- cause even though it was predictable and H against the world, Eric, Ryan and Calleigh gave good performances so that I liked.

4. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I gave it a B+ I actually liked it up until the very end when Super H escaped being blown up with the boat. :rolleyes: It kept my interest most of the episode.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I gave it a B. I wasn't surprised by the predictability of the episode because I knew that's what they were gonna do from the middle of the season finale. :lol: Well, I didn't expect Agent Caldwell to be the one to have shot H right away... and with conflicting rumors/spoilers, I thought for sure that Jake would be helping them in some way to setup Horatio's fake death. That would have made me give the ep an A. :lol: But, I loved the first scene with Ryan, Cal and Eric. They were all awesome in that scene. And this ep even made me like Thomas. :lol: And I loved Agent Caldwell's smirk when Calleigh said she was gonna check his phone records. And Julia saying to Ron that she wants a divorce. Smartest thing she's done in a while. :lol: Loved how tough Yelina was when she was talking to Ron. And the Cake scenes were great.

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I gave it a C-. For a premiere, it wasn't bad but I found myself rolling my eyes a lot during this episode. And yeah, my rating probably would have changed had the boat not blown up and Saris disappear. It would have been much better in my eyes had they resolved the arc.

The performances by the cast were really good though and I enjoyed seeing Yelina again. She added a great element to the episode. :)

7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I gave it an A-. It did have some cheesy parts in it, but I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and I liked the storyline. I just wish they would have dragged it out more....and in the second episode they didn't even mention anything about it! Argh!

8. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I gave it B+ cause I was siked for the first half of the episode then I lost some interest after. There were some die hard parts, the trio in the begging, Yelena's and Ron's part, Julia and Ron's last part...

9. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I gave it a C-. There was nothing special, no surprises or anything that made me want to continue even watching the episode. I thought it was a very poor ending to a potentially awesome storyline.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I gave it a C- for main reason being that H's death was played out completely dumb, what more can I say.

11. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

12. luf100

luf100 Coroner

^ :lol:

I gave it a C. It wasn't good. I mean the ending was stupid, the fact that H was still alive was revealed too early, it was predictable, and it definitely had a lot of eye rolling parts in it. Not to mention the fact that there was all this hype about Horatio faking his death, only for Ron Saris to find out he was still alive right at the end of the first episode. They definitely could have dragged that out longer. :wtf:

13. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:beer:
    I gave it a B+. It was entertaining AND predictable. But, after having watched most of the procedural dramas' premier episodes (with the exception of CSI), I found every one of them predictable. So, no, that's not necessarily a negative. Certainly no more predictable and just as, or more, enjoyable than the opening episode of many of the first timers.
    ;)
    We all knew Horatio wasn't dead. To second guess the writers on the whys and wherefores is an exercise in futility. The cast did a fine job. the plot holes were minimal, the storyline acceptable. What more should be expected in a weekly series entering its seventh year.
    :wtf:
    We've all become rather jaded in our unrealistic expectations. Within the confines of tight schedules and pre-set characterizations, it was credible?

14. arcadian7

arcadian7 Witness

I gave it an A+ and although I totally agree with all the faults mentioned, it was a kick butt opener for the season and I hope the rest of the season follows suit - it was a roller coaster ride right from the opening scene and despite its predictability - it was typical CSI Miami!!!

Horatio Rocks!!!!