• No

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I fall somewhere in the middle

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont remember if I posted here or not but I'll be 34 in september
But I started watching because my 16 Year old niece (then 13)
My Sister who is in her late forties watches it as does my other sister who is in her late thirties
I definetly think there is a Large Age Genre for CSI

sarahvma said:
But in all fairness CSI does often post a warning before its episodes.
Don't get me started on my rant about the warnings... aaah, you've tempted me.
I don't mean to sound bitter, but has anyone ever noticed that, like, every episode of CSI ever that features adults having perfectly consensual sex with one another or pretty much any form of deviant behavior has that warning, and yet somehow flashbacks of violent rape are somehow not considered poisonous to small children at all? I mean, seriously! Somebody needs to kick those censor people in the shin!
Cough.
That said, I'm not sure if I've posted in this before, but I will do so anyway just in case. I believe age is in temperament, so I fluxuate between being 5, 14, and 45 depending on my mood. Legally, however, I am indeed 14.

I am 38! I've been watching now and again since my twins were born almost 5 years ago.
I think Crysthala is right, age is a temperment, a state of mind, but CSI is very adult oriented. And I'm sorry if I were your parent, I'm not sure I'd let my 13 year old watch.

I'm 24, almost 25. I'm really diehard about CSI NY and then started on the LV reruns.

ruzila, I had a Commodore 64 when I was little. I wonder if that dates me, too lol

I feel kind of old now. I'm 37 and have watched since the beginning. I also had a Commodore 64 back in the day.

hhunter said:
I am 38! I've been watching now and again since my twins were born almost 5 years ago.
I think Crysthala is right, age is a temperment, a state of mind, but CSI is very adult oriented. And I'm sorry if I were your parent, I'm not sure I'd let my 13 year old watch.
I agree with you Heather when My niece got me hooked and I saw some of the eps (She again was 13 at the time) I was appalled that my sister would let her watch it
but then again I'm kind of strict so *shrugs*

In the end, it's a question of maturity. The temperament thing again. There are some 14-year-olds out there completely incapable of seeing something on television without emulating it. I am not one of them. Besides, isn't CSI rated TV-14 (most of the time)?

It is so odd that a show with such content (blood, dead bodies, murders etc.) actually appeals to all ages. But it's such a success thanks to the directors', actors' and writers' quality team effort. The show addresses the viewers who like to watch and think at the same time, no matter how young or old they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back