How I met your mother.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Daquien, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

Just had to bump this thread as the Season 4 finale aired last night.

I have to say, I've watched a lot of finales recently - Bones, CSI etc but HIMYM blew them all away (which, let's face it, wasn't that hard with The Ray Langston show).

It was just the perfect example of how a finale should be. It referenced previous episodes (granted HIMYM does that all the time), we saw the slutty pumpkin, we found out the story about the goat (how brilliant was the hoof mark on Ted's forehead??), we got a bit of angsty RoBarn romance, and at the end, the music swelled, Ted had all of his best friends with him, and we knew everything was going to be okay. Plus, we were one step closer to finding the Mother. Although, I don't really care - I'm enjoying the journey too much.

And I bet you anything that the first scene of Season 5 is them wondering how to get down from their neighbours roof. :lol:

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

We finally found out the story of the goat on Ted's b-day!!!
    So the mother is one of Ted's students, interesting !!!
    Oh, I love this show, it's terrific !!!

3. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

It's, in my opinion, perfect. The amount of thought and love that goes in to the script and the characters is beautiful.

I'm such a sap aren't I? :lol:

4. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I thought that was the perfect season ender. The writing was awesome!

I have to admit, I am the hugest Barney/Robin fan, and that scene in the hospital was hilarious! When it came on I was eating watermelon and I had to pause midway through because I choked from laughing so hard. The whole "Let's get married" "I can't do this" "You're right" "I love you" was the best! And then the way it ended with "We'll sort this out later..."

One of Ted's students is their mother? Tres interesting. I can honestly say I did't see that one coming. But I like the idea.