Horatio & Yelina Thread #4 ~The Romantic Real Deal~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Re: Horatio & Yelina #4 ~'The Romantic Real Deal'~

I'm so glad that I didn't imagine/dream that Ann D comment! :lol:

Wow, lovely pics, thanks! :) Just what is needed at the start of the week. I love that look of inner turmoil on H's face. :(

2. thegluups

thegluups Prime Suspect

I think that everything in season 4 was done in order to favor the H/Y relationship. BUt if anything were to happen I think it would be in the first or second episode, when they both need comfort from each other. Otherwise it will probably not happen at all, or at least not before a very long time. Also, what is going to happen with Delko if a H/Y relationships starts. Wont he feel like H betrayed his sisterµ. Maybe a good way to find out what will happen with H and Y is to pay more attention to Delko..

3. inge

inge CSI Level Two

^^ good point
    I don't think that eric would be like 'you betray my sister'. He knows that Yelina and H have a special relationship. I think he knew that Marisol probably only married H because she was seriously ill and this was her last chance to marry a good guy.
    He was also concerned about Horatio.
    For me, Eric is a good guy. :lol:

I don't believe that H/Y will get together so soon. Yelina isn't a woman who would rush into the next marriage and Horatio too.
    They would mourn and after some time they would slowly build a relationship and eric wouldn't be a problem.

Off topic: any news about HnM?
    I hope she's better.

4. goreshi

goreshi Rookie

I agree with you....I think they'll focus first on the problems they are facing and the feelings??? well... that be on the latter part...

5. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I've been wondering the same thing. I will try to see if I can find out how she is doing and let you all know. :)

6. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

I agree and I also really don't think there will be any suggestion of an H and Y romance in the near future. If the writers stay true to character, H and Y will be there for each other, but I don't see them flying into each others' arms! Subtlety is the name of this game. :)

A hug would be nice though. :D

7. Lucy

Yes, a hug would be extremely welcome after having to suffer Season 4. H/Y screentime in itself will be a sight for sore eyes. Although I am very nervous about how they go about it, I can't wait either! Apprehensive would be the best word for my current state! ;)

I have a good news update about HnM. Sher's sister Holly has sent me a reply to my pm, and asked if I would share it with you all. :)

8. polina

polina Rookie

It ` s raining here ( I so love rains) and time to think over some things

Well I ` ve been watching “CSI: MIAMI” from the very first episode and we`re here at the end of season one so I finally saw “Simple man’. I was so glad to see Yelina at last. I ` ve never seen these episodes before so this is all new to me. Horatio really has deep feelings for her from the very beginning and it is obviously. I just don` t understand why he looked like he didn` t expect her to come? Why? Did she work somewhere else? Though according to their conversation she works at the same building and didn` t go anywhere all these years that passed from Raymond ` s (assumed) death. So why he looked so surprised? Or maybe she doesn` t come to his lab every so often though she works there and as detective Tripp does she must be working closely with CSI` s. My guess that the whole first season is like a testing – what should characters do, why do they do it, what kind of relationships they should have between them all, what would audience like?
    Maybe that` s the reason why Raymond wasn` t the same on the photo Horatio` s holding in his hand at the end of “Camp fear” as Raymond we all know – there was a man with red hair, I swear I saw it lately. If you rewatch this episode you `ll notice that too.

Please don` t beat me but I believe that Yelina did love Raymond and Horatio knew that, and maybe she loved Horatio too at the same time (you know it happens when you meet two great guys and just can` t choose ) I strongly believe that she would be with Horatio instead of Raymond if she met Horatio first. But fate` s cruel. Good people always suffer from being too good to make themselves happy.

My only hope for the two new Brazil episodes that authors won` t rush all things (like they did in “10 -7”) – I just can` t imaging that so complicated relationships and interesting story line could be solved in two episodes. They need to develop everything between Yelina and Horatio very slowly without admitting their love but with relationships full of deep care and respect. That` s what attracted me to the whole Horatio / Yelina thing. And that ` s what I want them to do the whole new season.

Oh, where` s the only one or those who could provide us with possible Horatio / Yelina history in a great fic (I ` d love to read so much)

Pusher, I like your theory, I really would like to see it …

And the last I heard this song and thought it would be good to H / Y relationships

Almost Here Lyrics
    by Delta Goodrem featuring Brian McFadden

Did I hear you right
    'cause I thought you said
    Let's think it over
    You have been my life
    And I never planned
    Growing old without you

Shadows bleeding through the light
    Where the love once shined so bright
    Came without a reason
    Don't let go on us tonight
    Love's not always black and white
    Haven't I always loved you?

But when I need you
    You're almost here
    And I know that's not enough
    And when I'm with you
    I'm close to tears
    'cause your only almost here

I would change the world
    If I had a chance
    Oh won't you let me
    Treat me like a child
    Throw your arms around me
    Oh please protect me

Bruised and battered by your words
    Dazed and shattered how it hurts
    Haven't I always loved you

But when I need you
    You're almost here
    And I know that's not enough
    And when I'm with you
    I'm close to tears
    'cause your only almost here

Bruised and battered by your words
    Dazed and shattered now it hurts
    Haven't I always loved you

But when I need you
    You're almost here
    Well I never knew how far behind i?d left you
    And when I hold you your almost here
    Well I'm sorry that I took our love for granted
    And now I'm with you I'm close to tears
    'cause I know I'm almost here
    Only almost here

9. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Love those lyrics polina. Also, I simply adore your banner and icon. The icon pic is a classic; and H in the banner needs a hug!

No worries, your opinion is valued here! On a lot of levels I agree with you. Yelina did love Raymond, or else she wouldn't have married him, but I think it must be hard for her to love someone with Raymond's ways. It's easier to love Horatio - being as he walks the line - and she may've married him, had she met him first, but you can never really tell how Horatio would've expressed himself... had there been no Raymond: The Third Wheel factor.

Lucy, thank-you so much for posting the update on HnM. It's good to know that she's out of the hospital and recovering nicely. My best to her. I've really missed her around the boards.

10. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Thanks for the info Lucy!
    I'm glad that she's recovering so fast. :)

now my thougts to polina's post:
    first, great lyrics! :D

I always thought that Yelina made a break and 'simple man' was her first day after her 'holiday' )is there a better word? I meant she did the same like Megan).
    :confused:

I never doubted that Yelina didn't love Ray. IMO she met H a long time after their marriage and they developed thier feelings slowly. I imagine a slightly confused Yelina who thought that her brother-in-law is a attractive and caring person but she didn't want to give up her marriage with the father of her son for a slight crush.
    Their feelings grew stronger after Ray's 'dead'.
    the crush grew to something stronger, more 'adult' (can't describe it better) feeling but she's still unsure what do to.
    Horatio always thought that Yelina is a great and strong woman but he's the tragic hero who hold back his true feelings because he didn't want to ruin his brother's marriage.
    The minute his brother stepped back in his life he knew that he lost. :(

that's my opinion... :D

11. Lucy

You are very welcome re the news about Sherry (HnM). I really miss her too and I'm keeping everything crossed that we may see her again in the autumn. :)

Onto H/Y/Raymond... ;)

I have no doubt in my mind that Yelina loved Ray, especially during their earlier years. I get the impression that it wasn't always a happy marriage though. As has already been expressed, the deeper feelings between H and Yelina resurfaced after Ray's 'death'.

I believe that even before this, they had feelings for each other and I'm sure they were both more than aware of the mutual attraction. There is no way either of them would have acted on such feelings while Raymond was/is alive. H couldn't bring himself to act on them even when Ray was presumed dead! ;)

As for Yelina's introduction in 'Simple Man', I've always assumed that H & Y possibly hadn't seen each other for awhile too. Also, Ann D would have pulled out all the stops for dramatic effect. That first scene when Y enters the Crime Lab had to make the audience sit up and take notice. Up until then, we had never seen H this way - almost vulnerable, bashful even. I thought he acted like he had missed her, hence the assumption that she had been away.

Finally, I also hope that any development between them in Season 5 is dealt with subtly, gradually and perceptively by the writers. I'm starting to think that we will see Yelina in the two early episodes initially, and then there might be a lull. Things may well be left in limbo for Yelina to return later in the season. Pure speculation on my part at this point, due to the lack of any significant spoilers currently!

12. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

with big delay one warmly welcome to H/Y thread goreshi and thegluups :D

Lucy thanks for share with us this good news about Sher. i`m so happy that she go well :D and as always great choice of H/Y pics :)

polina nice to see u here again. :D after i have see ur new H/Y wallpapers and have read the text there - from Almost Here Lyrics now i have this song and i like it so so much... ;)

i`m glad that u succeed to rewatch CSI M S1 and like a lot ur point of view over SM epi:

good question :rolleyes: as i see everything is mention and write over ur post. and i only can say that for me now in S5 is the time ours writers to come back to H/Y past. after the end of S3 theirs future is so so complexity, and maybe theirs past will 'save' them.

13. Lucy

Welcome back Pusher! You have been missed. ;)

I have received an e-mail from Sofia and I found it quite intriguing, though I should really post it as a spoiler:
    I have just finished filming the first episode of CSI MIAMI, the season opener and it should be pretty hot and loaded. Packed with great emotions for Horatio and Yelina and a future ahead, though unknown it is family reunited and two people who truly care for one another.

Wow! :eek: Sounds great! :D

14. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Wow, some sesational news. Thanks for sharing that e-mail Lucy! At least the writers can't go back on it now that the premiere has been shot. Here comes that giddy feeling again! :D

15. polina

polina Rookie

Thank you, I ` ve made it myself as well as other things for H / Y .

I wonder did Yelina compare two brothers while she was married to Raymond?
    I assume she met Horatio occasionally during her marriage. Had she ever thought that Horatio would be a better choice for marriage? Had she ever regret her choice?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.