Horatio/Marisol - What kind of relationship?

CarmineFan

Lab Technician
After yesterday's episode (the one where Marisol died) I was wondering what kind of relationship she and Horatio had. :rolleyes:
I never saw them kissing or showing their feelings for each other. And when Marisol passed away, Horatio didn't cry. I mean she was his wife! and no tears? How does this fit toghether?

I was thinking he just married her because of sympathy and pity. I know that sounds a bit cruel, but that's my opinion.
Perhaps I'm wrong.

Help me!

From a writer's point of view I think to have Horatio marry Delko's sister would give those two men a bond they didn't have before. And when she was killed, it was personal for the both of them. The "bond" was all through Seasons 4 and 5 with the Delko/marijuana thing (before marriage) the Riaz thing and the Delko/shot thing (post marriage)

From the character's point of view, Horatio has had it pretty rough. I mean, he witnessed his Dad kill his mom. He lived through the death of his brother "twice" not to mention a reassignment from the NYPD before he signed up with Miami-Dade. To put it blankly, he's out of emotions! horatio has been a rock through arguably tougher situations, so I doubt he would get into the fetal position and wail over his wife of a day...

If you read the CSI: Miami novel tie ins, check out the one called "Cult Following". The author makes it a point to discuss Horatio's trials and tribulations. Horatio doesn't get bogged down by pain, it doesn't consume him. He is a like an athlete and his pain almost physical. He "plays through it", accepting it (pain) as part of the game.

Back