Holly Gribbs.

I always got the impression that they only brought her on the show as a gateway to get Sara in there, but apparently I was wrong. They made the switch well.

I didn't mind her. She seemed to be just a normal out-of-college kid. Really, in the first episode, I disliked Brass more than her. (Now I really like Brass; he's stopped shouting as much.) If she would've stayed, I would've still liked the show, but I started watching in season four and have grown attached to Sara, which I don't think I ever did with Holly. But she really wasn't there that long, so I can't really say.

I didn't really like the character to be honest. I can't really explain what it was that I didn't like about her, I just didn't. I'm glad she wasn't a regular cast member.

I always thought that she only ever meant to be in it for 1 episode, cos it started a lot of other storylines. It worked out well though. They did a good job with having to re-work what they had planned. It didn't show at all. It looked like it was planned to me.

Bummer for the actress though.

I didn't feel like I had enough time to decide if I really liked her character. I saw her for like, one ep, and then she's gone, so... Yeah. That was kind of disappointing.

I make up my mind about a character pretty quick, rightly or wrongly. I can change my mind later on, but I make a pretty quick judgment with 1/2 an episode. So maybe I would have liked her if she'd stayed but my first impression was that I didn't like her.

I don't know her. I don't know who she is. Well, that apart from what I have read before. I am not sure if I have seen the first episode (the only one where she appears, right?), maybe I did, but it probably was when I wasn't this addicted to CSI...And a while ago, maybe one of my first episodes, I don't know. I have no idea if I would have liked her or not. But to be honest I thought she was just supposed to appear right in that episode, not anymore after that, just like a guest star...I don't know, but can someone tell me, did she appear in the opening credits along with other cast members? Did she continued to appear there for all season 1?

She was in the first two episodes but they killed her off which I think was a shame but we got Sara insted. :D

I don't think she appeared in the original opening credits. You know i'm not sure lol.

Tuffel21 said:
@ hollie I loved Sara from the first second I saw her

I don't wanna make it sound like I don't like Sara or anything, cause that is completely false. Sara is one of my favorite characters. I'm just saying viewers could have grown more attached to Holly's character if they didn't kill her off right away. :D

Exactly Hollie. I think she was 'offed' a bit too soon. She wasn't really given a chance. They coulda easily still brought Sara in aswel right? I woulda liked to see Grissom & Holly work together, he seemed to like her. Woulda taught her a lot. She was like his daughter or something. Bless S1 Grissom.

Haven't writers ever heard of csi down, goes into a coma, bring in the new person to investigate (ie sara), use the visuals to reflect Holly trying to get into the job, if after the second ep, have her wake up, and then decide not to return to being a CSI and therefore still allowing leeway for sara to come in.

I can only say that Holly in the few minutes of time they gave her seemed genuine, she gave the emotion that she didn't want to be in the job, she gave the fear off as real, and considering that they had her written off pretty much at the start, the actress did dang good, and the character was funny, smart and seemed sweet. Other then that just didn't give her a chance to make any other real impression to me.

I always got the impression that they only brought her on the show as a gateway to get Sara in there

I agree with the whole idea of being a gateway for Sara's entrance, but I also think that they never gave us enough time to fully understand and get to know the character. I think it would've been interesting to see how she would've handled things after the shakey start.

I don't think I had strong feelings one way or the other for Holly, but I do remember being shocked that they killed her. Totally hadn't seen that coming, and then the way we found out, with Sara just saying it, we didn't even get a dramatic death scene (boy TPTB didn't like her <G>)

I'm not sure how well it would have worked to keep her. On the one hand, having a newbie around would have been a useful intro for the viewers, but then, how much of a newbie could Holly have been if they let her work a crime scene alone on her very first shift?

Hang on, they actually let her go? Oh I thought that when they wrote the episode they knew straight away that they were going to kill off her character as a way of instantly setting up the dangouros of the proffesion. If thats the case then i thought she was good someone to be a newbie with the audience but apart from that she wasn't anything WOW she just did a good job of, well being a character that died really.

Also Ceindreadh yeah that always got me too about doing a solo on her first night, I mean Gregs been a CSI for about two seasons now and hes finally got his first solo. So yeah continuity was a bit off there.

Back