Help with my final English paper!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by cSiNyFrEaK30, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Hey everyone!

I'm in a popular culture class in college, and for our final papers we have to choose an aspect of popular culture and write a paper about it. I've decided to pick the internet, particularly how fans of TV shows and movies interact with their shows through message boards and fan forums.

The one thing I really wanted to focus on was how in TV shows people use message boards to explain, vent, or rationalize things that a show does in order to make it fit our own interpretation, like reading into the way Adam acts all nervous around Mac: does it mean that Adam was abused as a child by his father and is nervous around father like figures like Mac, or does it just mean that the character is just nervous or the actor portraying him was?

I've seen a lot of this on the board here, and I thought it would be really interesting to do some research on it here. I think I'm going to focus on times the show has made errors, whether they be in continuity, backstories, etc., and how we as fans try to rationalize the obvious errors in our own frame of reference to the show. What I really need is to figure out which episodes that you think the biggest errors occured in from any season, and then I can go back through those grading threads as well as character threads to see how people (including myself) tried to rationalize/respond to it.

If you can think of anything, please help me out! Im quite a procrastinator, but I've actually started this paper a little early so I have more time. Thanks everyone!!

2. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

Hmm, maybe you could mention what New York fans thought of "Grounds for Deception" and all the bad reviews fans gave it online and the impact it had on for viewers to return for the sixth season... Ooh! You should also talk about how after the CSI Franchise, more and more people have joined the forensics branch, especially women and maybe how crime dramas are now a popular genre for TV shows. I'm not sure if this is any help, but it might be a start...:confused: I really hope this helps! Good luck! :)

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Hey cSiNyFrEaK30--this is pretty out-of-scope for the NY forum. I realize your paper focuses on the show, but for thread topics we really do need to keep on topic of the show. I'm sure you can do your research by reading through the many threads we have here in the forum! If you do want help with the paper, I'd suggest taking it to the Miscellaneous forum, which is more of a general topic area. Or you could start a more general thread about continuity errors/mistakes, though I believe such a thread already exists (and could perhaps help).

Good luck with the paper!

CLOSED

ETA: The mistake thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.