Headphones - Greg Sanders/Ryan Wolfe - (Humor/Romance)

Shadowfax

CSI Level One
Title: Headphones
Author & Beta:
Shadowfax27
Fandom: CSI/CSI: Miami
Pairing: Greg Sanders/Ryan Wolfe
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: Sadly, I could only play and muss up their hairs a bit because I don’t own them.
Summary: Ryan couldn’t help himself when he finally finds Greg.
A/N: I don’t watch CSI that often, so I’m not sure if I got Grissom’s character correctly. Forgive me if he seems OOC.
For: its_not_wrong - Thanks for the prompt!

-----

Headphones

It’s been a long day of solving crimes in Las Vegas, and Ryan Wolfe is very nearly exhausted and ready to go home. He’s just closed his latest case, and he could’ve gone home already, but he wants to make sure that his colleague has completed his part of the report as well; wants to check and make sure that all of his ducks are in a neat and ordered row before he heads home.

And so, he walks around the lab, checking each room to see if he can find the person he’s looking for because he wants to walk that other half of the report himself to Grissom, wants to see the full, completed report sitting on his supervisor’s desk, ready and waiting for his review.

He tells himself that there really is no sense in wondering if said colleague has fulfilled his part, as he continues to search through the building. He might as well make sure that the report is done so that he can put it out of his mind completely.

“There you are!” Ryan finally exclaims, nearly tripping as he halts mid-step. “I’ve been looking all over for you. Did you finish that report yet?” he asks, hands perching unconsciously on his hips as he stands by the doorway to the locker room, looking expectantly at one shirt-clad Greg Sanders.

Greg doesn’t even look at him or acknowledge that he’s heard him.

“Hey, Greg!” Ryan hollers from his spot. “Did you hear me? Greg!”

Still, no answer…

Frowning now, Ryan drops his hands to his sides as he steps quietly into the dimly-lit locker room. He approaches the figure, who is currently sitting down on the bench with his back turned towards him, carefully, trying to figure out why the lab tech-turned-CSI hasn’t acknowledged him at all.

“Greg?” Ryan calls out softly as he nears. “Yo, Greg? You alright, man?”

He takes two more steps but stops suddenly when he’s still several good feet away. His eyes narrow as he cranes his ears, hearing some muffled noises coming from the general direction of the spiky-haired blonde, and a relieved smile graces his face when he realizes what’s going on, catching sight of a pair of black and silver headphones covering Greg’s ears.

The slightly older man is still bopping his head to the beat of whatever metallic song he’s listening to as he works on tying his shoelaces, completely oblivious to Ryan’s presence.

And just then, even though he feels incredibly tired, Ryan can’t help the devious smirk that promptly quirks on the corners of his mouth. He takes a careful look around the locker room, making sure that they are alone before proceeding.

“Hey, Greg!” he hollers a test shout from his new spot, grinning like the Cheshire cat when Greg merely continues on with his task. “Greg!”

Feeling a bit emboldened now by the blonde’s lack of response, Ryan decides to continue, thinking that as long as he’s being careful, then he won’t get caught, and Greg won’t ever have to know about his naughty little secret.

“I think you’re hot!” he hollers this time, snorting as he tries to stifle the bubbling laughter within his chest, debating just how far he should take this prank.

Again, no answer from Greg…

“I think you’re really sexy too!” Ryan continues in a loud voice, a broad grin now splitting his face as he snickers. “Yeah… especially when you’re wearing that lab coat!”

He stops momentarily to make sure that Greg still hasn’t heard him. And satisfied that the older man is still oblivious, he decides to carry on a bit more.

“Oh, yeah… I really like it when you’re wearing that lab coat, Greg!” Ryan dares to holler some more. “You have no idea just how hot you look in it, especially when you’re processing my DNA!”

“So, how about I swab your mouth right now and then process your DNA later?” Greg now asks all of a sudden, catching Ryan completely unawares as he stands and turns to look at the younger CSI, a dangerous glint in his eyes as he moves to bridge the distance between them.

He takes off his headphones, draping it across the back of his neck as he walks slowly yet purposefully towards his stunned prankster, a predatory leer stretching his lips as he braces a hand on either side of Ryan’s head, the other man only managing to back up unconsciously towards his own locker until Greg has him trapped right where he wants him.

Looking like a deer caught in the headlights, Ryan only manages to stutter in shock, “I… I… I… Uhm…”

He barely has time to swallow down his surprise when, without waiting for further response, Greg drops his head and closes the distance between his and Ryan’s mouths, kissing him with a fevered softness that’s guaranteed to make the younger man weak in the knees.

He presses his body nearer, his tongue swiping at slim lips, seeking entrance, and Ryan grants it without much thought, moaning softly when Greg swabs the roof of his mouth with his scorching, wet muscle, completely lost in the sultry unexpectedness of the moment.

“Did you mean it?” Greg now asks breathily, his mouth just a hairsbreadth from Ryan’s as he breaks their heated exchange, searching the younger man’s eyes.

“Wha-?” Ryan breathes out the question, panting heavily. “Mean what?”

“That I’m hot and that you want me to process your DNA?” Greg supplies seriously, though his eyes are sparkling with something else that’s making Ryan even more nervous and yet marvelously giddy at the same time.

“I… I said… that I thought you’re hot…” Ryan stammers, embarrassed, swallowing before he continues, “…especially when you’re processing my DNA…samples,” he adds hurriedly, his face darkening to an adorable red when he realizes how the words that has just come out of his mouth must've sounded. “My DNA samples,” he clarifies, voice cracking to a squeak on the last word.

Spurred on by Ryan’s uneasiness, Greg replies, “Well, I can tell you that the DNA sample I just collected is a match to someone in this lab, someone who I also think is hot, someone whom I wouldn’t mind collecting and processing more DNA from in the future… That is, of course, if he’s interested.”

He winks, then, mischievously. And Ryan’s heart nearly stops when he grasps what Greg’s implying.

“H-how did you…?”

“What? You think I haven’t noticed?” Greg replies, cutting him off as he smiles. “And you call yourself a CSI,” he teases lightly.

Chuckling finally, Ryan now asks the obvious, “If you already knew, then why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t you make a move?”

“I thought about it, but I needed more proof,” Greg answers easily.

“Proof?”

“Yeah… I had a feeling, you know? But I had to make sure before I made a move.”

“Oh…” Ryan replies, nodding thoughtfully at Greg’s answer. “So, uh… Did you get your proof?” he teases after a while, voice dropping now to a low, seductive tone.

“I just did,” Greg grins wickedly. “Suspect just confessed.”

“Guess I’m guilty, then,” Ryan confirms, a proud grin firmly in place.

Greg’s just about to kiss his captive again when Ryan cuts off his advance abruptly, raising a hand to the taller man's lips before speaking, an adorable frown creasing his brows.

“Wait a minute…” he begins, suspicion etched all over his voice. “You didn’t hear me when I was hollering at you just a few minutes ago. So, how the hell did you hear me all of a sudden? What happened?”

“The song ended,” Greg supplies simply, amused. “And then all of a sudden, I heard you declaring how hot you thought I looked in a lab coat, especially when I’m processing your DNA. I couldn’t just let that go, you know? Pretend that I didn’t hear it… especially when you just basically handed me the evidence I needed on a silver platter,” he explains, teases lightheartedly.

Feeling sheepish for the first time at having been caught in his own prank, Ryan tries to redeem himself, “Well, now that you know, does this mean you’re going to make a move?”

“I already did,” Greg answers, whispering hotly against Ryan’s mouth.

Their lips fuse together once more, tongues seeking each other in a slow, heated dance, Ryan grabbing fistfuls of Greg’s hair, drawing him nearer, as the taller man cups his jaws, his neck, fingers raking through his dark hair, wanting to get as close to Ryan as possible.

They break their kiss only when they hear distant footsteps approaching from the outside, and Greg seizes the last of their stolen moment to lean in to give Ryan one quick nibble on his left ear, whispering huskily.

“My car. Five minutes,” Greg hisses before letting go of Ryan completely.

Just then, Grissom steps into the room, manila folder in hand, and Ryan turns quickly towards his own locker, hiding the blush on his face as his hands tremble slightly, one hand trying desperately to smooth down his tousled hair, while the other fumbles helplessly as he turns the knob to enter his combination.

He can feel Greg smirking somewhere behind him, even though he can’t see the older man’s face, and he curses inwardly at how shaken he’s made him feel in the span of a few minutes, or really, at how close they just came to getting caught by their boss of all people!

Finally, Ryan’s locker opens, and he sighs in quiet relief, pulling out his backpack to pack his things as evenly as he can pretend.

“Hey, Greg?” Grissom calls out, stopping just beyond the end of the bench.

“Yeah, boss?” Greg asks, trying to look as casual as he can.

“You forgot to sign the bottom of your report,” Grissom states in all seriousness, opening the folder to hold up a slip of paper.

“Oh, sorry about that,” Greg stammers apologetically, hurrying over to where Grissom’s standing and grabbing the offending piece of paper from his hand. “Um… do you have a pen?” he asks timidly.

Silence…

Followed by a frown…

“Here you go, Greg…” Ryan finally answers, breaking the uncomfortable silence as he reaches over to hand Greg one of his ‘extra’ pens he keeps in his backpack just in case… just in case something like this happens.

“Thanks,” Greg replies, taking the proffered pen and signing the form quickly before handing it back to his boss, who takes the piece of paper in silence before turning around abruptly to leave.

Daring to look over his shoulder for once, Ryan catches the meaningful look that the blonde's throwing his way. At least now, he knows with certainty that their report is properly completed and submitted.

Greg is just about to sigh in relief when Grissom suddenly stops in his tracks to address them.

“Oh, and uh… guys?” he prefaces, speaking to both men in a deceptively calm voice, his back still facing them as he slips the piece of paper back inside the folder. “Let’s try to keep things strictly professional around here, shall we? I’d appreciate it if you’d keep your DNA-swapping someplace else.”

And with that, Grissom walks out of the locker room, a knowing but hidden smile quirking on his lips as he leaves his two youngest criminalists without so much as waiting for their confirmation, without so much as looking back to see the horrified look on Ryan’s face or the embarrassed but mischievous grin on Greg’s.

-----

The End

Feedback makes my plot penguins terribly giddy. Make them terribly giddy, why don’t you? :D

A/N:
I know the last Ryan/Greg ficlet I wrote ("Blue") was quite angsty, so I hope this fluffy ficlet balanced that one out. There has to be some light and cute moments between Ryan and Greg, right? Well, this is just my small attempt at bringing these boys some overdue happiness. So, what did you think? I hope this made you guys smile.

*cough* Let me just got over my giddy fit.....

All better...just! :D Wow, that rocked out loud! hehe, hmm, Greg and Ryan swapping DNA huh? And ta work? They should be ashamed! But do it more often! Oooh, yes, it was a funky fic!

-Jems

Aw, thanks, CSIVMNY and sissi!! :D

They were quite naughty to be swapping DNA at work, but I agree... they should do it more often! :devil:

It has been a while since my last post, hasn't it? I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed this. I had another Greg/Ryan post last month, I think, but it was quite angsty. It was entitled, "Blue" (also a one-shot). Have you read it? If not, you might have to look for it. Anyway, more to come soon hopefully. *crosses fingers*

Thanks again for the feedback! You guys are fabulous!! :D

Back