Has CSI changed it's format???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that as long as they don't kick off any charactors and as long as they manage to keep the cases fresh that CSI will always be great whether or not they want to change the format is up to the producers, either way i'll still love it :)

kaylyne what a great post. The new writers over the past couple of seasons have really hurt the show.

Dynamo1 Me too! I've been waiting for The Amazing Zephyr to return forever. It's always great when Grissom has to go up against someone who likes to play headgames.

As to the change in format? It's driven off many longtime fans without attracting new ones. I suspect the people who like the new change are happy because they get their 'ship' on the show but what a price to pay for everyone else. Fewer people watching CSI is not a good thing no matter what. :rolleyes:

It's not even character development - it's character disaster and over-the-top-drama.

I have the feeling they are trying to emulate Grave danger i every episode, to attract more people. But it lost me.

I was rewatching the earlier seasons this weekend, and all I can say is that the format was far better with the character development throgh reactions to cases they handled instead of personal tragedies.

I wonder if it's an effort to catch another group of viewers? The younger (15-25?)with more inclination to buy the CSI merchandice? Would be nice to do a cohort survey on the viewers that like this change and those who do not.

The new writers over the past couple of seasons have really hurt the show.

But one only has to look at Miami and New York to see that the same writers haven't done a very good job of keeping either of those two shows out of shark territory.

If there was a decline in quality, I think it came in Season 5 and 6 more due to cast bloating and the fact that the science simply wasn't as shocking anymore, so they began employing more and more fetish episodes and "shock" episodes, and the fact that the cast had little time to interact.

Looking back, I'd say that the first couple of seasons of CSI, while fuelled with interesting science, and much better cast chemistry, were not that well produced or written simply from a dramatic television show point of view.

Even though my friends and I like Greg/Sara, we could care less about the 'ships' as you guys call them...

We want cool cases, drawn-out cases, character development, and drama... This season delivers all of that so far in spades.

S_Bright said:

I was rewatching the earlier seasons this weekend, and all I can say is that the format was far better with the character development throgh reactions to cases they handled instead of personal tragedies.

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back