Happy May Day!

Digging a year old topic up :p

Happy May Day everyone! Any plans for tonight? (Or is it just Finns who go mad today ?)

Well erm... people wish Happy May Day at least here today because most of people go out to celebrate it tonight.

It's just like you say "merry christmas" many times BEFORE the actual Christmas.

Well where I am we don't say Happy May Day but we do ''celebrate'' it :)..!No work no schools..Although because I'm a student I have to study because this week is full of tests and it's a good opportunity :(..

Where I live we don't have May Day. Its not a celebration. Just an ordinary day like the rest.. But we do get a lot of Germans that day. I think they have the day off that day. Our shops and all are open so they come to us. We call it "The German Day" where I live.

But today... Today is a celebration. Its Queen's Day! :D

Well happy May Day to all who celebrate it. Here in the UK we have a May Day bank holiday (day off) and it's always the first Monday in May, which makes it next Monday. *yay, day off work* :lol:

^^^ I can't wait for the bank holiday weekend! :lol:

Happy May Day to everyone who is celebrating it. I shall celebrated it next Monday by relaxing after the absolutely insane week I've just had (best week of my life, but I'm exhausted. :eek:)

I've never even heard of May Day. :lol: I don't know, do we have it here in America? Hm. Well, Happy May Day to everyone who celebrates it! May for me means testing! :eek:

cainesugar said:
I've never even heard of May Day. :lol: I don't know, do we have it here in America? Hm. Well, Happy May Day to everyone who celebrates it! May for me means testing! :eek:

Well you have Labor Day in autumn, which celebrates the same thing. The reason why it has different name and is not celebrated on 1st May is the fact that it is indeed a communist/red tradition and USA couldn't celebrate something like that :p

Tomorrow being day off, looked like many schools had today off as well, same with work.

:eek: I thought the May Day bank holiday was always the first monday after 1st May? Well it is in England. :confused:

So yeah, any way...Happy May Day for people 3 hours ahead of GMT. :lol:

Happy May Day to everyone who celebrates..
Its Workers Day here too but its not very official. We don't have the day off. Its Workers Day. And we work.. ;)

Happy may day! May i love may but its weird my sister and brother and mom and dads and grandmas and several cousins birtth days are all in may, and im all alone in november, haha its strange.

Back