"Happenstance" Discussion **Spoilers**

Thank you labgeekluvr I understand what you were attempting to do, but there are times when it takes one of us to step in hold up the sign and say stop and breath, unless we need to use the sign to pound in what needs to be heard.

I liked this episode. It kept my attention for the full hour it was on. How sad was it when the one twin's husband and little boy were at the station and the little boy says something along the lines of , "it's okay Daddy, let's go home and see Mommy"? Poor kid didn't even know what happened to his mom, and probably too young to understand.

Hm. I didn't catch the sarcasm from Warrick. I just took it to be how a tough guy would try to be sympathetic towards another male. The Transformer line was funny. I was the only one in my family that got the humor in that. And Nick singing was funny.

The last scene left everyone around me with question marks over our heads.

Good episode!

I still don't quite know how to do a quote, but you're right about Warrick, that's exactly how I saw it too (more the second time, it took a second showing for it to sink in), one sort of tough guy expressing a show of empathy toward someone else in his own way.

[b[speakerset[/b]
to quote you do [ then the word quote. and another ] then you add the quote. when you are done you do [/ the word quote and] hope that helped.

speakerset said:
I still don't quite know how to do a quote, but you're right about Warrick, that's exactly how I saw it too (more the second time, it took a second showing for it to sink in), one sort of tough guy expressing a show of empathy toward someone else in his own way.

In the post, there are three buttons. Just click on "Quote" (it's right in between "Reply" and "Quick Reply"). That's how I picked up on how to do it. Pabzi's way also works. Which ever is easier for you.

I honestly did not even think anything of it when Warrick said that. I know many guys who are funny about showing their feelings so they just play it off in a tough guy way, so I just figured that's what he was doing.

It's funny- I had never even heard of the word "Happenstance" until this episode and last night I was watching a movie and someone said the word.

1. I liked this episode. It was interesting and a little sad if you think about it. All these women connected by DNA and little screwed up, a little lost, a little lonely. Maybe if they'd found each other in time.
2. Anyway, Nick sings well and he was so cute doing it too. Although the thing with the fingerprints still doesn't make sense to me. I mean there were two partials on opposite ends of the envelope and Mandy put them together and got one print? How is that possible? Wouldn't both partials have to be from the same finger? I hope I don't sound a complete idiot here but I'm honestly confused.
3. Thank God Warrick is having some air time. In the last season I think we've seen onscreen only a handful of moments. He's a really good character that is being wasted.
I think the conversation that Warrick and Greg had were quite typical of Greg and Warrick. Warrick has gotten close to only Nick and Cath in the past. Greg is close to Sara and Nick. We know that Warrick is concerned, Greg knows Warrick is concerned, Warrick just doesn't feel the need to hold Greg's hand all the time and I'm sure Greg wouldn't appreciate it either.
4. I'm not a fan of GSR but the comment Sara makes at the end doesn't strike me as troubling. I think it just shows that Sara knows Grissom well enough to know that he's most comfortable at the lab and he sometimes gets carried away. I think it's her way of saying that she accepts him for who he is without any need to alter himself for her. I mean it would make sense, she's chased after him for years, if she thinks she's going to be changing him...Sara doesn't do delusion very well.

MMForbiddenDonut said:
"it's okay Daddy, let's go home and see Mommy"? Poor kid didn't even know what happened to his mom, and probably too young to understand.

Yea, that was how the quote went. That part broke my heart. It's always so sad when kids are somehow involved.

Okay folks I am sure the help is appreciated, but I have already pm'd speakerset about the quoting issue. ;)

3. Thank God Warrick is having some air time. In the last season I think we've seen onscreen only a handful of moments. He's a really good character that is being wasted.
I think the conversation that Warrick and Greg had were quite typical of Greg and Warrick. Warrick has gotten close to only Nick and Cath in the past. Greg is close to Sara and Nick. We know that Warrick is concerned, Greg knows Warrick is concerned, Warrick just doesn't feel the need to hold Greg's hand all the time and I'm sure Greg wouldn't appreciate it either.
ITA. I didn't see any hint of sarcasm nor bitterness in their conversation either. Putting more Warrick on CSI doesn't hurt, see, they gave him more screentime in this ep and their ratings shot up, lol!

I almost forgot that Grissom was supposed to be experiencing burn out in this episode, specially in the scene in the A/V lab with Catherine and Archie. He was so enthusiastic about the case that he talked really fast,lol, I thought it was reminiscent of the Grissom in earlier seasons.. well that is until the end scene where he clammed up and immersed himself in the book he was reading. I also thought that implying that he is a misanthrope is kinda harsh, imo Grissom doesn't hate or distrust mankind.

GypsyQueen said:
4. I'm not a fan of GSR but the comment Sara makes at the end doesn't strike me as troubling. I think it just shows that Sara knows Grissom well enough to know that he's most comfortable at the lab and he sometimes gets carried away. I think it's her way of saying that she accepts him for who he is without any need to alter himself for her. I mean it would make sense, she's chased after him for years, if she thinks she's going to be changing him...Sara doesn't do delusion very well.

Yeah, I agree with that. She was obviously not concerned at all by his behavior. I thought his looking after her once she had left was interesting. Almost like he had discovered a new clue about himself.

I think he's realizing that he does need a sabbatical if he wants to continue without becoming so burned out that he wants to leave for good.

The misanthrope thing doesn't bother me at all. He's always said that people lie but the evidence doesn't. It would be incredibly difficult to maintain a real sense of trust in humanity (as a whole) as a CSI.

From another thread:
Rich said:
My wife and I missed the last fifteen minutes of the episode where the twins were killed. Who did it and why?

thanks
The answer to that is a guy that Jill worked with she found that he was faking war pictures and when he found out. Amanda and Jill both used the same dry cleaner and Amanda had to make a quick run and it Jake (the killer) thought she was Jill and shot her, but when he was going through her apartment Jill walked in and he thought he was losing it and then killed her to.

For more about this you can get the ep guide at CBS.com it will give you a better run down.

I think with twins it's just natural, to do someof the same things and like some of the same things. After all you share dna with someone

In one of the lab scenes a background song was playing that included the lyrics "your reaction to my actions". The yechnician was doing a "mechanical" dance to it. Can anyone identify it for me?

ellwodo I suggest you try out the "CSI Music" forum for that it may already be there, if not you can create a thread to ask.

Back