GSR - The only thing I need is you

Well, because you are so nice to us.... I'll update :p

Next boring chapter:

“No! I don’t need to go with you! Just put band-aids on a few scratches and let me go.” Grissom said to the persistent paramedic.
“But sir, you might have been injured, we advise you to come with us and stay overnight just for observation.”
“I’ve had this before, I’ll have a very uncomfortable night and get sent home in the morning feeling even worse than before after you discover that there isn’t anything wrong with me. So patch me up and let me go!”
“All right, but you have to sign an AMA form”
“No problem” Grissom said grabbing the paper and pen from the man’s hands.
“here”
“have a good night sir.” The paramedic said as Grissom walked away from the ambulance. He wasn’t about to spend the night in a hospital, he had only one thing on his mind, Sara.

When he went looking for her, he saw her struggling with the same paramedic as he did before. After a few minutes she succeeded and ran up to meet him.
“Hey Gris, I saw you had some “medical” problems too” she said with a smirk on her face.
“Well, nothing too serious happened to me, he didn’t shoot me or something. I’m still a little shaken up though.”
“Yeah, me too. So, what’s on the agenda for today?”
“Nothing, no cases, no reports, no Ecklie and no crime scenes. Ain’t it great?”
“Grissom, did he hit you in the head or something” Sara said in a concerned tone.
“No, I just realized that there is more in this world than the lab.”
“And that is?”
“It’s employees, one in particular, a weird girl named Sara.”
They both laughed after that
“Come, let’s grab a coffee” she said while walking to a CSI vehicle.
“You drink a lot of coffee”
“I’m a caffeine junkie”
“I didn’t know”
“Oh Grissom, there are so many things you don’t know, but you’ll learn.”
“With such a great teacher, I’m sure I’ll learn a lot.”

The Art Of Breaking by Thousand Foot Krutch

Every time I call you on the phone
I listen to it ring but no one's home
I can't explain the energy that
You give me when I'm left here alone

And every time I pass you on the street
You won't even turn and look at me
I never would of thought that things could
Go this far but please believe me

I'll pick you up, won't let you fall
I'll build your trust and it won't hurt at all,
Your only drug will let you down,
I'm through now, so take me and blow me away

[Chorus]
When I feel numb I'll let you know,
I won't become what I was before,
You cannot kill what's not your creation,
This is the Art of Breaking

I think I might just lose my mind
If I have to watch this one more time
I can't explain how many times i've
Stayed for you when you were on my mind

No one ever said that it was easy
So come out of the cold and stop your bleeding
I never would of thought that things could
Go this far, but please believe me

Are you gonna run away, and leave me here alone?
Are you gonna run away, and leave me here?

Sara's Side to Chapter Nineteen

Sara was sitting on a stretcher, waiting for a paramedic to attend to her. She looked down at her arms, she looked down at the slices that she had made on her very own flesh only days before. Then, Sara looked up and over at Grissom. She smiled to see that he was struggling to get away from the paramedic. He got free and signed some papers. Then the paramedic walked over to her.

"I'm fine," Sara said to the paramedic.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm sure," answered Sara.

"Fine, I guess. You'll have to sign this," he said and handed her a form. Sara signed it and got up from the stretcher. She ran up to Grissom.

Sara smirked. "Hey Gris, I saw you had some 'medical' problems too," she said.

"Well, nothing too serious happened to me, he didn't shoot me or something." Grissom said. "I'm still a little shaken up though."

Sara thought about it, both of them would probably be shaken up for a while. She remembered when her Father died, she didn't eat for a while after that. Sara cleared her mind simply by speaking, "Yeah, me too. So, what's on the agenda for today?"

"Nothing, no cases, no reports, no Ecklie and no crime scenes." Grissom paused. "Ain't it great?"

Well, this was different. "Grissom, did he hit you in the head or something?" Sara asked.

"No, I just realized that there is more in this world that the lab." Grissom answered.

"And that is?" Sara asked. She decided to play dumb, even though she knew what he was talking about.

"It's employees, one in particular, a weird girl named Sara," he answered. Sara laughed and Gil also laughed with her. She looked around and then looked back at Grissom.

"Come, let's grab a coffee," Sara said while she started to walk to a crime scene vehicle.

"You drink a lot of coffee."

"I'm a caffeine junkie." Sara said and giggled.

"I didn't know," commented Gil.

"Oh Grissom, there are so many things you don't know, but you'll learn." Sara said, and giggled again.

Grissom smiled and spoke softly, "with such a great teacher, I'm sure I'll learn a lot."

:p

Next one:

When they reached the café, ordered and took a seat, Grissom held his paper cup and stared at it.
“So Grissom, now that we are officially a couple, are there any things I should know about you? Things that you keep hidden?” Sara said with a smirk on her face.
“My big secret, my hearing problem is out so, I guess you know everything. I’m so happy that whole affair is over though…”
“I can imagine”
“Do you have any secrets you want to tell me about?”
“There are a few things in my life that I haven’t told you, that I haven’t told to anyone. So I guess my secret is that I have secrets. I will tell you sometime if you want to. It’s just so painful to talk about” It’s always difficult to talk about moments of vulnerability.
“Take all the time you need, if you are ready, I’m here”
“Thanks that means a lot to me.”

While Sara sorted out her emotions, we had a new awkward pause. I started starting at my coffee again, lost in my thoughts.
“Something bothering you?” she asked me.
“Sara, this might come as a shock to you, but I decided that I need some thinking time. I am going to leave the lab for a while, travel around.”
“Grissom, the lab is your everything”
“That’s the point, everything I ever spent time on and cared about is the lab. I know I can’t force you to go, but I can ask you, plea you and beg you. Please come with me”

“I… I don’t know, what about money?”
“I’ve got plenty, I don’t spend much since I don’t have the time to.”
“I really don’t know, please let me think about it..”
“Sure, that’s okay. So, what do you want to do today?”
“I’ve got a plan, why don’t you come and have dinner with me, at the townhouse.”
“Um, okay, I didn’t know you could cook” neither did I but she didn’t need to know that.
“You’ll see”
“So, now I’ll go home, get some sleep, your place at…”
“eight?”
“perfect”

Now I had a problem, I needed to present a perfect dinner for the perfect girl. First stop, grocery shopping.
I know my decision to leave the lab for a while was rather abrupt, but I need some time away from it. My life should consist of more than catching murderers.
Another problem: what if Sara decided not to come with me? I don’t know if I can bear being away from her again. I don’t want to act paranoid, but I’ve seen Greg and Nick look at her, what if she decided that I was right all along and she should be with someone her own age? I should really stop thinking about this, I’ll ruin the fun we can have now we are together.

Back