Grissom Leaves Las Vegas

CSI Files

Captain
On Thursday night’s CSI the team learned of Gil Grissom’s plans to teach a seminar at Williams College for four weeks. The temporary leave of absence is brought on because <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font>, the actor who plays Grissom, took a little time off to do a play in Rhode Island. What’s in store for the show with Grissom gone?

On January 18, 2007, <font color=yellow>Liev Schreiber</font> joins the cast in an episode called “Sweet Jane.” Schreiber will play the recurring role of Michael Keppler, a seasoned CSI with a strong reputation in various police departments across the nation before joining the veteran Las Vegas team.

Schreiber is a Tony Award winning actor with many stage and screen credits to his name. Stage credits include Henry V, Macbeth, Betrayal, The Mercy Seat and Othello. He’s been seen on the small screen in the HBO film Lackawanna Blues and the made for television movies RKO 281 and Spinning Boris. Big screen credits include the Scream trilogy, The Manchurian Candidate, Kate and Leopold and Everything Is Illuminated, which he also adapted and directed. Schreiber will next be seen on Broadway in Talk Radio.

“After meeting the people who run ‘CSI,’ it immediately becomes apparent why it has consistently been one of the top shows on television. I am a fan, how could I say no?” Shreiber has said.

To read more head over to and <A class="link" HREF=http://www.playbill.com/news/article/print/104590.html>Playbill.<center></center>

and maybe we can put an end to all the 'if grissom leaves the show will be cancled' hoopla :rolleyes: thats right, i said hoopla :p

...and it's a very good word. No reason you shouldn't use it ;)
Seriously, though, I agree. It's been getting to be a bit much.

I think the show can continue without Grissom - which is saying a lot, because this time last year I really thought it couldn't. And that's not meant to be a slur against WP... I just think that the show has worked really hard to make the ensemble cast so tight that we all have a reason to tune in besides Grissom. I know we bitch about the cast bloat sometimes... but the upside to that is that there's usually at least one character that everyone becomes invested in enough to watch for that person alone (besides Grissom, I mean).

And then there's people like me, who love 'em all and are happy to see them in whatever permutation and quite willing to wait the following week to see the others.

If LS can add to that dynamic, that's only going to make the show stronger. He's a charismatic, powerful actor and reminds me of WP in that sense. If people latch onto him quickly, and if working on the show intrigues him enough to keep coming back and maybe upgrade to a full cast member once WP leaves, and if the show can keep the storylines as strong as they have this season without letting the personal stuff get too much airtime... I see no reason why CSI shouldn't continue to be strong after WP's departure (allowing for such things as Grey's and the normal ratings slide of older dramas, of course).

^^^ That's a lot of "if's"! :eek: :lol: Actually, I totally agree with you. Well said, as always MissDee. :)

Back